Top 5 WORST Emoticons... EVER! (of the ones readily availbe here)

13»

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    That just means you're imagination isn't as good as mine.

Must be why this one is my favourite smiley then - :confused: "Say wut?"
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd see it as flirting if the tongue did some sort of erratic movement up and down.
    Dirty mind. :o

:p does get used a lot on here when people are flirting, ;) often makes an appearance too for the same purpose. :D
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to think I've never used :) in a patronising or sarky way, but I think I'd be lying to myself.

So better to say that they are mostly genuine.

My favourites are :D and :confused: as they are quite cute in an easily pleased kind of way.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I

My favourites are :D

Great minds think alike! I love :D too! :D:D:D:D:D:p
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    You're right, it is! I find it quite sweet and endearing when the men of DS use that one.

I'm with you on this one. When guys use the blushing smilie :o, I think they're cute.
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think I've never used :) in a patronising or sarky way, but I think I'd be lying to myself.

So better to say that they are mostly genuine.

My favourites are :D and :confused: as they are quite cute in an easily pleased kind of way.

DS is odd that way. The T&C clearly state that you're not supposed to wind people up, but surely both :rolleyes: and :confused: are the ones most likely to do exactly that.

I'd say :mad: is my least favourite, especially combined with This country has gone mad + numerous exclamation marks + Bring back hanging.
    You just KNOW a Daily Mail link will be the next line.

(Yes, I've been on DS for far too long.)
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with you on this one. When guys use the blushing smilie :o, I think they're cute.

haha yep so do I! Not sure why, I just think it's really sweet when they use it.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes: is the best because everyone hates it

I like :p and use it quite a lot, love :mad: aswell as I only ever use it sarcastically, usually pretending to be outraged. Anyone using it to show they are genuinely angry need to get a grip :eek: :o:D

We need a throwing up smilie, that is the next logical step
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »

We need a throwing up smilie, that is the next logical step

Yeah! Puking-up picture; spewing-up smilie-now! Or I'll scream until I'm sick!
  • Aztec23Aztec23 Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki E. wrote: »
    I think these two are cute.>>:yawn::sleep:<<They're tired; bless 'em.

Can't stand this guy.>>:rolleyes:

:cool:<<This one is my fave. :cool:

Have to agree. And not only that, :cool: this matches me as a person as I'm not naturally the sarcastic type!
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: I like this one most of all cause that's my usual expression when reading DS :D

:) I don't use sarcastically, I tend to use it as an 'I am unarmed' smilie or a 'I mean no offence' smilie, if I'm disagreeing with somebody and I don't want it to descend into an argument or that I'm not trying to bait, I tend to use it then... if that makes sense :D

I use :D too much but I love it.

On the thread where I post the most, it's pretty much agreed that we won't use :rolleyes: ... although I'm a bit of a fan of this one, used in small doses.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I <3 :rolleyes:

It's not its fault that people misuse it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    :eek: I like this one most of all cause that's my usual expression when reading DS :D

Looks either like you get so absorbed with the forum that you keep unknowingly wrapping your computer cable round your neck, and choking! Either that or reading certain things makes you choke on your food or drink!:D
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Oh leave it out Missy :rolleyes:

See that's how cool you are, you don't even know it, you're effortlessly cool :cool::p

My fav is probably :confused: Pretty much sums me up.

A vomit one may be more apt when it comes to your flirting posts
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one :sleep: doesn't get used enough. It gives off an air of unrivalled smugness that I love.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A vomit one may be more apt when it comes to your flirting posts

Yeah i agree :D
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    I really only created this thread to highlight the worst 3!
    Which are (without any doubt; and in the following order):

1. :eek:
    2. :cry:
    3. :o

Disagree about :eek: It's the best emoticon, imo, it's funny. Except it looks a bit OTT mock horror, so sometimes you can't use it without looking sarcastic.

:cry: is a bit rubbish, the tears look like make up. :o is kinda cute.

The worst emoticons are in fact

:( No one turns purple when they're sad! When I see :( it suggests to me "I'm feeling cold" or "I'm asphyxiating"

:D That one slightly creeps me out. It means "I'm a psycho" or "I have a strange dental problem"
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks either like you get so absorbed with the forum that you keep unknowingly wrapping your computer cable round your neck, and choking! Either that or reading certain things makes you choke on your food or drink!:D

I participate in a thread that has me regularly choking on food and drink, or spitting them over my keyboard lol :D
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    If ":p" was no longer allowed, the entire post midnight crowd would be wiped out by their inability to communicate on any level.