Forum Member
    Looks nice enough to me ;)
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Quite annoying.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind him. He's far from amazing, but I can't say I hate him.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    I also found some of the acting wooden like. Why is no one listening to me.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right in small doses but very dull in this. No idea what Clara supposedly loves in him because he's not got much of a personality. And his ultimatum to her at the end was a rather shitty way of handling a relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Like the idea of the character. But not portrayed particularly well in my opinion. He just needs a bit more oomph.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    All right in small doses but very dull in this. No idea what Clara supposedly loves in him because he's not got much of a personality. And his ultimatum to her at the end was a rather shitty way of handling a relationship.

Lol stop sitting on the fence and say what you think.

But I agree what does she like in him. He seems cold. Seems to have a past problem. Jumps all the time. And talks like he is wearing a brace.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Seems kinda cheesy to me.

It's kind of interesting the way so many people are getting upset at the writers over all the "anti soldier" rhetoric that the Doctor is spouting while, at the same time, apparently ignoring the fact that they've also written in a character who's a soldier and is probably going to disprove all the Doctor's prejudices.

Trouble is, they seem to be doing it rather clumsily so far.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has very little personality.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,324
    Forum Member
    He's got more of a real personality than Clara had after the same amount of episodes but I feel like our proper 'getting to experience him' will always be on hold until we actually get to see him on an actual TARDIS adventure. If we don't see him at all on a TARDIS adventure then I feel that ultimately he will be a forgotten footnote in the history of the show, but if he does start traveling we will actually get to see what he can do and why we should take to him he could potentially be so much more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    I also found some of the acting wooden like. Why is no one listening to me.

I'm listening loud and clear. It always seems that Jenna is having to do the acting for both of them in their scenes.

He's bland and sounds broken most of the time.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit early, but lets see :)
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got more of a real personality than Clara had after the same amount of episodes but I feel like our proper 'getting to experience him' will always be on hold until we actually get to see him on an actual TARDIS adventure. If we don't see him at all on a TARDIS adventure then I feel that ultimately he will be a forgotten footnote in the history of the show, but if he does start traveling we will actually get to see what he can do and why we should take to him he could potentially be so much more.

As far as I know he never does. Sam Anderson said in interview he's not actually a companion. He's also was surprised to hear that
    people think Danny is UNIT. He wondered how people hear these things. His reaction suggested they were right and if that's so he's being a huge hypocrite to Clara and a liar.
  • kriZbiikriZbii Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny is awful, not sure if it's deliberate writing or very poor acting, but he comes off as a bit of an abusive partner who wants to control everything Clara does, and when he's not being a judgmental psycho he's just dull.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Glad there is a thread on this .
    Do not like the character at all, I really hope this is going somewhere, because he is ruining it for me.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Pink seems like another version of The Doctor that The Doctor doesn't know, the soldier version, the protective of Clara, the every day version, not just the travelling Doctor who takes her for journeys but the always there Doctor.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was okay until tonight's episode.

Tonight he came across like an immature idiot.

He knows men like the doctor? He's served with them? As I said in the main episode thread. How many 2000 year old aliens has he met? The Doctor has spent how many millennia fighting wars? The time war and trenzalore to name two. But Danny knows all about men like him because he spent a few years in the army. Erm. Okay. Moron.

He knows nothing of the Doctor and how the Doctor came to be the man he is. Yet he makes massive assumptions because The Doctor didn't automatically think he was the bees knees. Because the Doctor wants the best for Clara.

He can't across as childish, immature and generally like an idiotic know it all.

And as above. He came across as very controlling and not liking the fact that there's a massive part of Clara's life that he has no control over at all.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find him boring and he has to be the most boring Maths teacher I have ever seen no wonder the Doctor didn't believe he was a Maths teacher.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    As far as I know he never does. Sam Anderson said in interview he's not actually a companion. He's also was surprised to hear that
    people think Danny is UNIT. He wondered how people hear these things. His reaction suggested they were right and if that's so he's being a huge hypocrite to Clara and a liar.
    Hmm, my overactive imagination says:(because I read this rumour too)

Yeah, took a while, family stuff .... could mean "well I had to get mission stuff sorted with UNIT first"

Can't remember the line but he almost excused himself from his date with Clara tonight, because he had to report back to UNIT maybe? ?

The Doctor suspected and eventually knew for sure that Amy was a ganger. Why did he choose Coal Hill School to "lure" an evil robot, was it all made up, he suspected someone was spying on Clara and wanted a closer look?

Lol, I'm almost believing all this myself, just fun speculation .....
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike Danny but not because he is a bad character, just because he is pretty unlikable.

He is lacking in personality a bit like Clara though, they go well together.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Did anyone think that somersault he did was rather impressive as in even a gold medallist Olympic gymnast couldn't pull off?

Maybe Danny has had a bit of work done and he's not all human any more cybernetics has a running theme this year (Half face -Psi)
  • PabloJPabloJ Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    He's the spitting image of the abusive BF image from the harrowing domestic abuse drama ‘Murdered By My Boyfriend’.
    th_858964208_dannypink_122_61lo.jpg

I actually thought it was the same actor until I looked it up tonight. The similarity is uncanny! :o
    In fact, every time Danny is alone with Clara, all I can think is, “Get away from him before he beats you to death with the ironing board!” :(:cry:
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of him, but the acting seems to be too wooden.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    He seems very bland. The total opposite of Rory who had great mannerisms.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very boring in The Caretaker, didn't mind him until this episode.