Earphones

Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
Forum Member
✭✭
Can anyone recommend a really good pair of in-ear earphones?

Not sennheiser mx300's, they are bloody annoying - the rubber pads keep falling off.

Comments

• PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how much you want to spend. I just bought a pair of Shure E3G (same as E3C) they where £59 including delivery but they sound really good, once you get them stuck in your ears!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Shure are great

Ultimate Ears are Better http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/

And Bose do some nice triport in ears.

I have used all three and to me the UE Superfi pro are a better fit and by far better sounding
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about sennheiser CX300
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about sennheiser CX300

Sorry I meant the CX300, I have a pair of these already, but the rubber bits keep falling off.

I will check out shure and bose, thanks.
  • Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sh1t wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the CX300, I have a pair of these already, but the rubber bits keep falling off.

I will check out shure and bose, thanks.

Then it's quite likely they aren't fully on. As they should sort of "clip" onto the stem. I've had a pair for over a year and the rubber pieces have NEVER fallen off.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also go for the Shure ones as well.

I only have the E2C ear buds and I love them (think you can pick them up for £35 delivered, but there is a new range out at the moment if you want to spend some serious money.

Also like a poster above said I've heard Ultimate Ears make really great headphones, but they are expensive.
  • toastiestoasties Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    IMO, shure are good for some music (rock for example) but the roll-off at high-frequencies can make them unsuitable for certain genres. Thats why I gave up on the E3Cs and got the Etymotic ER4, which, IMO, are a lot better, although more expensive
  • supercoolsupercool Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Shure E2Cs which sound great but they do get quite uncomfortable after a while.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using Sony MDR-EX71SLB's, far better than the sennheiser CX300's on sound quality alone, also the rubber bits don't give me any trouble. (I wipe mine daily with bog roll)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    When using inear sound isos you must make sure you fit the speaker correctly with a twist, it causes a Vacuum in your ear. so many people dissmis them as not comfy or sound crap because they dont fit them inear as they should.

You have your price range and Shure are great, but I still highly recomend the UE Super-Fi if you can afford about £100
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I can highly recomend UE Super .FI 5 Pro, I have found threm to be very comfortable and the sound quality is really good, and I have found that you even hear things on some music tracks that you dont even know exist with your ordinary ipod earphones.

steve
  • EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for the same advice actually.

Im looking at various Sony ones and Phillips SBCHE590's. Which would be better out of the following:

Phillips SBCHE590
    Sony MDREX71SLB
    Sony MDREX85 Premium
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for the same advice actually.

Im looking at various Sony ones and Phillips SBCHE590's. Which would be better out of the following:

Phillips SBCHE590
    Sony MDREX71SLB
    Sony MDREX85 Premium

I must admit that I have not heard those headphones, but I'd still go for the Shure E2C headphones - you can pick them up for about £35 delivered at the moment and sound great (along with a lot of empressive reviews).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I must admit that I have not heard those headphones, but I'd still go for the Shure E2C headphones - you can pick them up for about £35 delivered at the moment and sound great (along with a lot of empressive reviews).

I was going to go for the cx300 headphones but I'm not sure whether I would get on with the rubber earbuds.... the apple style headphones fit perfectly but sound awful.

Are there any good ones with the same stylings as the apple pair?
  • EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats pissing annoying.

I thought I'd ordered Sennheiser CX300 Eco Ear Canal Headphones this morning but the order didn't even process properly so I won't get them until Friday now.

But I still have 18 hours to order so i need you guys opinion.

What to get, the ones mentioned above or Shure headphones... I have a £40 limit though.. Im not paying £100 for some
  • toastiestoasties Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    jbauerctu wrote: »
    I was going to go for the cx300 headphones but I'm not sure whether I would get on with the rubber earbuds.... the apple style headphones fit perfectly but sound awful.

Are there any good ones with the same stylings as the apple pair?

If you're after good quality earbuds the Yuin range offer some of the best (the are a Chinese company but you can order them here). The PK3 and PK3 would both be suitable for an Ipod. The PK1 is best avoided unless you have an external amplifier.

Although they will sound good, like any ear buds the Yuins won't offer the kind of noise isolation in-ear phones offer.