TMF Live & Mtv Select Ending Already??

Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
Forum Member
✭✭✭
looks like its been very short lived

mtv select is only running up until the 8th of september then its replaced with making the band repeats :(

tmf live is only running up until the end of next week :(

thats about 6 weeks just

Comments

• russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THat's a bugger. Though in last weeks TubeTalk Neil said the ratings for TMF Live were only 8,000 IIRC. I can understand it tying in with summer holidays, but MTV Select has been great, Michael's done really well.
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they need to give the shows time to grow

its the summer remember so not alot watch telly
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaz.Baz wrote:
    thats about 6 weeks just

Possibly that's all they were comissioned for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should really have mentioned it a few times if they were

was looking forward to them in the winter months

bloody american repeated crap again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    It was always a summer trial for TMF Live. I don't know about Select but I assume it's the same. I doubt either will be returning to be honest.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww this sucks, back to pure crap again. F***ing marvellous. Even TMF can't keep the crap of the schedules this Bank Holiday Weekend. Shame TMF and MTV have ended up like this :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Well TMF Live will most likely be replaced by the TMF Top 10, which will play most of the videos you would have seen on TMF Live probably.

Just no presenters which is a shame.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    I don't see why they have to get rid, they must be making a fair bit of cash off of it!

But I guess it would be easier to not have to pay any presenters to do the job and just stick some rubbish text-in game over the videos instead :rolleyes:

MTV is dead as far as I'm concerned, E4 Music all the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote:
    I don't see why they have to get rid, they must be making a fair bit of cash off of it!

But I guess it would be easier to not have to pay any presenters to do the job and just stick some rubbish text-in game over the videos instead :rolleyes:

I thought they were just dong this show for something to do. I know they were getting paid, but I didnt think it was that much extra. When I watched it I really enjoyed it. Surley it would get more viewers when school starts as kids would watch it when they get back from school.
    Please MTV, it is original and enjoyable. Please dont let it go. :mad: :(
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    Looks like The Loaded Hour is going too.

Last one on Saturday :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E4 Music all the way too. Watched it today and have been glued to it since it started it's rather good. I enjoy Freshly Squeezed Extra, the best new tunes and a bit of music news too. TMF has been killed by MTV for what used to be such a good channel and I know i'm ot but MTV really need to revamp, they have such a huge and distracting dog in the corner of the screen and it even gets flung across the screen to come in and out before/after ad breaks from what i've seen. And from the chat on the forums MTV Europe is much better take a look at the schedules, they even show Beavis and Butthead which is seriously funny. If only TMF or even MTV could be like MTV E :rolleyes:
  • kingoftvkingoftv Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liekd having presenters all day on TMF someone introducing the shows, the news and stuff.

I liked this week they are doing number 1s from 19.. or 20.. It brought back memories.

I think it would be good to look forward to at holidays tmf live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote:

I'v not watched MTV for the last 5 years, yet all though the ninty it was the station to watch. It had music on it. A rare thing now days. Not very many MTV ran stations have music 24/7 anymore. It's all these teenage so called reality crap :mad: . As for TMF it's slowly going down the pan, we all ways used to watch that channel up until lastr year, now it's got thomas the tank on in the morning and most reality crap, the games shows. We have turned over to stations that play music, chart show tv, b4, bubble hits. Long live the music station that play music only :)
  • benko1benko1 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    i emailed mtv about select and why they didnt show the vmas live they said:

'Select will still be on air, but with a new look and will be dedicated to our new show Totally Boyband - which launches on Sept 17th at 9:30pm.

The reason we can't show the VMA's live directly is because it takes place in the States and the time difference would mean unsociable hours of viewing here in the UK.'

(a new look ay maybe all you select fans will get your window back)
  • YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benko1 wrote:

The reason we can't show the VMA's live directly is because it takes place in the States and the time difference would mean unsociable hours of viewing here in the UK.'

What a load of lies. MTV France,Germany,Italy,Polska ect... showed the VMAs live on the night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the email for mtv as i cant find it anywhere
  • benko1benko1 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    im not sure where i got it i think if you go to www.mtv.co.uk and scroll down to the bottom and in the right hand corner click on contact or i emailed viacom im not sure
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    I would quite like to see TMF starting a live show again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

MTV has been dead for years, they lost the plot sometime in the early 2000's. Unless there is a way to send a clear message to MTV that these junk reality shows are indeed crap that no one wants to watch, I don't see any way they'll change their ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz.Baz wrote: »
    they need to give the shows time to grow

its the summer remember so not alot watch telly

Well August should have more tv viewers. Thunder and Lightning everyday and the kids are off.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Chemical, you do know this thread is three years old? :rolleyes:
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Chemical, you do know this thread is three years old? :rolleyes:

I do so, I just wanted to react.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    OMfg!!!!

shocking reaction!
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ everybody replying as if this topic was made just yesterday.

I'm looking at you, mikeydb and GeoffNI :P