Options

Wentworth (Australian Pace) contains spoilers

Comments

• Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another amazing season, the pace of this show is right on the money as well. Pamela Rabe had huge shoes to fill but she really made the character her own, fantastic actress.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I don't like Karen at all, but Tammy MacIntosh is a great actress and I'm sure there will be plenty of fireworks between her and Bea.

There really wasn't anywhere else for Jess storyline to go so it was right that she was killed off. Very brutal death, though.

Frankie - was expecting her to be killed when the celing collapsed. Big smile on my face at the end.

Trailer looks interesting. I wonder what's going to happen with Joan. Pamela Rabe is a fantastic actress. I really iked Maggie Kirkpatricks's Joan but Pamela's has just a slight edge for me.
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Great finale. It is good that The Freak will be back next year. Jess being strangled by the Freak was shocking to watch. I had a feeling Frankie might die in the fire I guess I was wrong about her being killed off and I am really glad she wasn't. . Good send off for Nicole Da Silva we will miss her in Wentworth but good luck for her future career in the States. Next season will be another cracker. Bea will have a new adversary as predicted it will be Karen. It is Intriguing what will happen to Ferguson, last seen in a strait jacket. Surely she can't go back to Wentworth well at least not as Governor. Or can she ?
  • Options
    FruityLoopyFruityLoopy Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing final. Intrigued by the trailer showing The Freak in a padded cell, what does that mean? they surely wouldn't make her an inmate at the prison she was governor of surely?

Jess's death was brutal but she deserved it. I knew once the gloves come out what was going to happen.

As for Karen. I knew they were building to something as the actress is a big name down under so it made no sense her role was so minor. Her character was pretty violent from what we have seen so I'm guessing there will be even more violence in the 4th season! why do we have to wait a year!
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I was quite literally on the edge of my seat during the entire episode! Never have I been so tense and on edge while watching a drama on TV. The producers and writers of Wentworth had a lot to live up to after the spectacular second season and they've once again exceeded all expectations.

I was so happy that Frankie got her happy ending - for a moment I thought that her prediction that she was never going to leave Wentworth alive would come true!

The addition of Karen in the show is going to be interesting next year and I've seen Tammy McIntosh in some other shows and she's always been terrific.

The trailer for Season 4 almost made me jump out of my chair. It will be interesting to see what Joan's role next year will be.

Wentworth is easily the best drama on television and is more than a match for UK and US dramas.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can be said that hasn't been said already, a truly superb finale :)

Just like original Joan, new Joan being led out in handcuffs and bundled into a police car on her way to a padded cell

So glad Franky wasn't killed off and she got her happy ending after all, good luck Nicole in whatever you are going to do next :)

That fire and subsequent explosion was quite spectacular, somewhat reminiscent of another certain great fire ;)

I could go on about how great this show is but to cut a long story short as they say, bring on Season 4 :)
  • Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent finale, be interesting to see what eventually happens to Ferguson! And Bea's new enemy is going to another explosive saga, can't wait for season 4!
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an amazing season!

Even though I'd read the thread earlier I signed with relief when Frankie started breathing!

Loved every second.

Bring on season 4!
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simply amazing. How this show isn't absolutely massive over here I do not know. Actually got chills during the Jess scenes, wasn't convinced the baby was going to survive.

Wonder what they are going to do with The Freak next year. The way Vera dealt with the fire I think she will take over the prison with a subdued Joan taking a prison officer role after her 'breakdown'. We will see her be all apologetic for most of the series before finally cracking again and being killed off.

Think her being in control of the prison or a prisoner would be to far out there
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Series 3 was great IMO, but I thought the finale was a bit suspenseless.
    We knew from about 15 mins in what was going to happen.
    To be fair there is nowhere else to go with the Freaks character, at least not as a prison guard.

Everything is nearly too neatly tied up, still glad Frankie got her happy ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Wonder what they are going to do with The Freak next year. The way Vera dealt with the fire I think she will take over the prison with a subdued Joan taking a prison officer role after her 'breakdown'. We will see her be all apologetic for most of the series before finally cracking again and being killed off.

Think her being in control of the prison or a prisoner would be to far out there

Yes I think she could come back as a prisoner officer. Would like to see her have a few run in's with Bea like she did in PCBH. But of course if you remember that resulted in Bea getting transferred to Barnehurst and subsequently dying in the fire there trying to rescue prisoners.
  • Options
    JayyKJayyK Posts: 423
    Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this what they have lined up. The way they focused on how well Vera dealt with getting everyone out was neat foreshadowing.

I predict now that either Joan or Karen will die in the final episode of Season 4. It makes more sense for it to be Joan if the storyline plays out how you say.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply amazing. How this show isn't absolutely massive over here I do not know. Actually got chills during the Jess scenes, wasn't convinced the baby was going to survive.

I don't see how they can even do that.

All the officers were on to her. Vera submitted her report and she killed Jess.

There's simply no way she can be in a position of authority, any position of authority after all this. It would simply be completely unbelievable.

I imagine the henchman she sent after Fletch will tell the police everything.

She can't simply return as even an officer now. Perhaps if she'd been less psychotic and her flip out had been less spectacular. Her only saving grace was that she saved Joshua.

I've no idea what they will do with her but if she returns to went worth as an officer I was be extremely surprised.
  • Options
    JayyKJayyK Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I think its the only way, sending a prison governor into her own prison as an inmate would see her murdered. So it would make no sense, unless she will be killed off in one of the opening episodes and the main story of the next season will be a who dunnit.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Superb stuff. Joan killing Jess Darth Vader style was chilling, as was the thought that Jess was going to smother Doreen's baby. I was nearly screaming 'Noooooo!' at the screen during that scene.

Amazingly, both lesbians survived the fire. Very unusual for a TV show. Well, certainaly in the US & UK.

Loved Vera's take down of the Freak.

And Frankie and Bridgett get to drive off into the sunset. Hooray!
  • Options
    monique!monique! Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Wow that was a fantastic end to a fantastic season, it literally couldn't have been any better.

Thinking Frankie was going to die the whole time added to the suspense of it all, and I'm so glad she got out alive and got her happy ending. I will miss Nicole playing Frankie so much, she always seemed to brighten up any scene she was in, utterly captivating and beautiful.

Did not see the Jess death coming at all, so that was a nice shocker. I think that's the one time I actually cheered the freak on!

Pamela as always was in another class. From the tiny spoiler it looks like she is locked up somewhere so I'm guessing she will end up in prison with the others. Not sure how else they could keep her in really.

I really hope they keep up the quality for season 4, but so far the writers haven't disappointed so I'm sure there are big things to come. There will now be a huge void in my life where Wentworth used to be, not sure how I will cope until next year 😭
  • Options
    Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant end to a brilliant season and show. :) Superbly written and terrific acting all round. Pamela Rabe is extremely convincing in her role - a real super villain! The scene with Jess and the baby was a tough watch, as was her death - brutal!
  • Options
    Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season One was immense, Season Two was outstanding and Season Three has been incredible. Its rare that a TV drama can actually get better with every episode that passes. There hasn't been a single dip in quality throughout its 3 year run. Easily one of the best TV dramas in years. Its right up there with the very best. That's why its so sad its viewership is restricted to cult status. It deserves so much more.

I agree with every word you have said. I love this show so much as does my partner who only loves it now because I insisted he watched it. I have a sister and friends who love the original Prisoner but are not willing to watch this because they say it won't be like the original. So sad, this is my second favourite show ever after Breaking Bad. I just wish everybody knew how good it really is.. :(
  • Options
    marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think season 4 will see the freak go after Franky and Bridget on the outside? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure Nicole has actually left the show now so franky won't be in it anymore, and that means Bridget as well :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes Nicole has relocated to L.A.so I doubt she will be in season 4. The best we can hope for is a few guest appearances now and then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive spoilers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=700571620043560

It would seem Franky and Bridget will feature in season 4! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Massive spoilers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=700571620043560

It would seem Franky and Bridget will feature in season 4! :eek:

I saw this today on Twitter, safe to say it put a big smile on my face! I think they've just started filming for season 4 now 😄
  • Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Joan will be back though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »
    I wonder if Joan will be back though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlT99VNZAEM