Poll time! Is axing SPOILER a mistake? EE

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
Is DTC's axing of Charlie Cotton a mistake?

Should Charlie Cotton be axed? 146 votes

No Charlie should stay
52%
ArtyAttackjb76Lady VoldemortabsalomabsalomSelenabumpandgrindsweetazkandic120701valdPolly Doodlemossy2103dd68Sick BulletCollybirdMiniMeTooJamieHT[Deleted User]johnhughJoanne MAjudy08 77 votes
Yes Charlie needs to go
47%
Jimmy ConnorsBathshebasoapmadSteveOwenSJ_MentalbwfcolHollo and GonchJohn Dough[Deleted User]babybear1cctpsDracarysdickiejoebein'onestSlave2lifedesperate houseAvalancheeastboy1980lloys-strachanxTonix 69 votes

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't miss him, him cheating on Ronnie with Roxy and suddenly falling for Roxy was dumb. I won't miss him and I won't notice he's gone.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    No Charlie should stay
    Big mistake axing him. He should be staying.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? When did this happen?
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    Yes Charlie needs to go

DTC done the right thing in axing Charlie. He's not an important character and I don't ever see him becoming iconic. I think Charlie served his purpose but now that purpose is dead.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a mistake. Instead of fixing his character which they badly damaged with the Roxy affair they're just getting rid of him despite his ties and giving up, I don't agree with it at all. He was introduced to give Dot some family ties for a start
  • LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    No Charlie should stay
    I'm not surprised by this news but I think it's a real shame. Before the dreadful Roxy affair story I considered Charlie my favourite of DTC's creations. The scene where he beat up Ben one handed was great but it was in 2014 where he showed the most potential as an ambiguous character with an air of mystery. They just didn't try hard enough to keep his character interesting and it seems as they threw away the strong potential of Ronnie and Charlie's relationship for Vincent, a man she has no chemistry with.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yes Charlie needs to go

DTC done the right thing in axing Charlie. He's not an important character and I don't ever see him becoming iconic. I think Charlie served his purpose but now that purpose is dead.

Now Nick has gone, I see no point in Charlie staying
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No Charlie should stay
    Yes. He had so much potential. DTC won't be happy until the square is full of old people and hot young men.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    DTC is getting pretty horrendous. Too much power has gone to his head.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Charlie is the last surviving Cotton after Dot. He needs to stay, axe Fatboy or Jay instead.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    He can go. He'll be no loss to my viewing.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Charlie should stay
    He's served his purpose and doesn't have much left to offer so no.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprisingly more fussed about Lola! Charlie never really amounted to much.

All that charming potential of last year fell apart when he became a Mitchell sisters toy.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    LHolmes wrote: »
    He's served his purpose and doesn't have much left to offer so no.
    Exactly.
    vald wrote: »
    Yes. He had so much potential. DTC won't be happy until the square is full of old people and hot young men.
    I disagree. He is nothing without Dot and Nick. Nick is dead and Dot is in prison (due to June taking a well earned rest) Charlie is just simply not needed and I forgot all about him until tonight's episode .

I disagree about the Old people and Hot young Men comment too. EastEnders has a great mixture in their cast.
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Now Nick has gone, I see no point in Charlie staying
    Yep
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Everyone dreams of a care home like that! :p
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    At first I was conflicted, but he really doesn't add anything to make me want him to stay. The whole sleeping with Roxy thing destroyed his character.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    No Charlie should stay
    He should be being repaired, not axed. He had so much potential before the execrable affair storyline.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where is JB the forum police?

starting to think no likes my threads some one always starts another 😂😂😂😂

I don't think it's a mistake, with Aleks gone the roxy charlie thing is even more pointless than it was to start with. after they made him a mummys boy they runed the promise of the character and haven't known what to do with him since, Ronnies frequent breaks didnt help but we have lost the dot, fayboy and charlie scenes too

good move I say
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    I think his exit was always going to eventual. Not really a shock

and do we know if he was axed. Declan may of wanted to move on. He does do theatre and records albums.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and do we know if he was axed. Declan may of wanted to move on. He does do theatre and records albums.

yes they decded to write him out thats axed
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No Charlie should stay
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Exactly.

I disagree. He is nothing without Dot and Nick. Nick is dead and Dot is in prison (due to June taking a well earned rest) Charlie is just simply not needed and I forgot all about him until tonight's episode .

I disagree about the Old people and Hot young Men comment too. EastEnders has a great mixture in their cast.

Yep

BIB 1 Dot must be due out soon, it would have been nice if Charlie was waiting for her. She's lost too many people.

BIB 2 Oldies....Dot, Cora, Patrick, Les, Pam, Babe, Mo, Buster, Carmen, Claudette, Kathy and Gavin. With Phil, Billy and Shirley stepping on their heels. Then there were Stan and Sylvie.
    Hot young men...Paul, Ben, Kush, Martin, Lee, Vincent. And the ones who got away...Peter and Johnny. How many hot young women has he brought in ?
  • faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    DTC is getting pretty horrendous. Too much power has gone to his head.

Yes, he's power mad!!>:(
  • imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Yes Charlie needs to go
    Woah. I don't think I've ever seen a 50/50 poll when it's about EE.

Charlie had so much potential, but the affair storyline ruined him completely. If that didn't happened then I would have been sad to see him go, but his character has become unbearable now so knowing that he's leaving is a relief!
  • Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The press releases says "EE bosses have decided to write the character out of the show".
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't he just filming in a train station? ah, so that's his last scene then?