Sharknado... the biggest movie event of the year?

13»

Comments

• JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I gave this 10 minutes because of the hype. I expected it to be one of those that is so bad its good. I was wrong. It was just pathetic and annoying.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I have an autistic son who has waited all week to watch Sharknado 3.

I don't know what's more entertaining, watching the film or watching how my son reacts to all. It's also funny trying to figure out the cameo performance. Yes, Jedward, really!!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I have an autistic son who has waited all week to watch Sharknado 3.

I don't know what's more entertaining, watching the film or watching how my son reacts to all. It's also funny trying to figure out the cameo performance. Yes, Jedward, really!!

Is your son obsessed with sharks or bad movies?
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely sharknado should rate has one of the worst movies of all time. It beggars belief that there was a 2 and 3 with a possible 4. Clearly the people behind it are off their heads on something, come to think of it the actors must be well to agree to it except for jedward. Please tell me they get eaten?
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2 more reasons not to watch this movie. :)

Glad your son enjoyed it though.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any of the films but I've quite enjoyed the trailers for '3' on SyFy this week..........particularly the one where they show the actors or extras against the green screen background just about to be attacked.......:D
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Really don't understand the appeal of watching these movies and just wish Asylum would go away. I'm supportive of any small studio attempting to make entertaining movies, but their objective is to make cheap, badly-made sh1t, usually cashing in on expensive, badly-made sh1t.

People kid themselves that they're being "ironic" in watching dreck like this. They're not. The producers know it's awful too...so who's actually getting the last laugh here?

Contrast it to something like The Room which was badly made but with ultimately good intentions and that is so much more entertaining. You can watch that ironically and have a great time.

But if you want a silly shark movie, watch Deep Blue Sea, which at least has a budget and some actors with self-awareness. If you want a decent shark movie, watch Jaws. And if you want to laugh ironically at a shark movie, try Jaws 3 or 4.

The fact that the TV audience for Sharknado was so low is wonderful. It speaks volumes that people will quite happily laugh at the idea of movies like this, but will draw the line at actually watching them.

Sharknado 3 was shown in 90 countries this week. hahahahaha ;-)