Forgotten friendships in soaps

Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,580
Forum Member
✭✭
How many forgotten friendships can people remember?

Gail Platt and Sally Webster in Corrie springs to mind first - these 2 were best mates in the 90s and never even acknowledge each other anymore.

Sam Mitchell and Jane Beale in EE - Since Sam's return both in 2009 and this year I dont recall her or Jane sharing a single scene yet in 2004 they were best mates and Jane was even bridesmaid at Sam's wedding to Andy.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I don't even remember Sam and Jane, what an unlikely friendship!
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I don't even remember Sam and Jane, what an unlikely friendship!

It wasn't even a friendship really. Sam just asked Jane to be her bridesmaid because she didn't have any female friends.

Jane wasn't even around for that long at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,091
    Forum Member
    i'm jus waiting to see if they make Alfie and Ian communicate much, they were really goods mates last time....would be stupid if they didn't talk when he comes back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Weren't Steve and Dev in Corrie good mates not too long ago?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xkelly1991 wrote: »
    i'm jus waiting to see if they make Alfie and Ian communicate much, they were really goods mates last time....would be stupid if they didn't talk when he comes back.

I agree. Alfie has been Ian's only friend since the 80s when he had the teenage gang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember Jane and Sam being close...! x
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,865
    Forum Member
    Claire and Becky in Corrie seems to have been forgotten, shame really cos I really liked them together :(
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJJOne wrote: »
    Yep. They shared a lot of "comedic" scenes at one point but since Sunita's return they haven't really interacted much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale:

Natasha and Diane - That was always a bit daft though because Natasha hardly ever leaves her house.

Aaron and Victoria - They haven't had a scene together in ages. She hardly even talked to him during the whole coming out story, and they had always been close before it.
    Forum Member
    curlypubes wrote: »
    Emmerdale:

Natasha and Diane - That was always a bit daft though because Natasha hardly ever leaves her house.

Aaron and Victoria - They haven't had a scene together in ages. She hardly even talked to him during the whole coming out story, and they had always been close before it.

Aaron and Victoria did have a few nice scenes. It was dead cute when Victoria asked was it cos of her lol. Bless
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Gail Platt and Sally Webster in Corrie springs to mind first - these 2 were best mates in the 90s and never even acknowledge each other anymore.

I suppose it would've been a bit awkward between them after Sally got together with Martin just after Gail divorced him.

David and Rosie used to be very close when they were kids too.
  • Paul KellermanPaul Kellerman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJJOne wrote: »
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Yep. They shared a lot of "comedic" scenes at one point but since Sunita's return they haven't really interacted much.

I think it was long before Sunita came back.
    After Vikram left Steve in the lurch Dev filled in for his Nephew so it was a bit forced!
    I suppose it would've been a bit awkward between them after Sally got together with Martin just after Gail divorced him.

I loved the SUNITA/EILEEN/LIZ/SHELLY/DIEDRE group... my best episodes was when they all hooked up occasionnaly!

They had a great scece last year and both of them were just themselves. Despite barely any interaction in years they have known each other since birth and understand each other pretty well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    @ BumbleSquat, Cheers!
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, you'd think they'd hang out sometimes they both known eachother since they were born, Rosie being one day older.
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »
    Yeah, you'd think they'd hang out sometimes they both known eachother since they were born, Rosie being one day older.

very different characters these days, they jus get on each others nerves i reckon lol. Coemdy gold tho :p
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was long before Sunita came back.
    After Vikram left Steve in the lurch Dev filled in for his Nephew so it was a bit forced!
    Actually it wasn't. Steve and Dev had a silly storyline where they were competing over membership at a golf club right before Sunita came back. I remember because Dev met Sunita's (then) new bloke, Matt, at the club.

Ah well, I can't say I've been missing their friendship anyway.
  • Paul KellermanPaul Kellerman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Actually it wasn't. Steve and Dev had a silly storyline where they were competing over membership at a golf club right before Sunita came back. I remember because Dev met Sunita's (then) new bloke, Matt, at the club.

Ah well, I can't say I've been missing their friendship anyway.

A handful of sceces dont compare to when they were a double act years ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally and Rita too? They were so close at one point that Rita gave them some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally and Rita too? They were so close at one point that Rita gave them some money.

Yes but that was before Sally had a personality transplant.
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Gail and Rita.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Rita began to feel it was a one sided friendship when Sally kept on expecting money
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    What about Liz-Drear-Eileen-Frankie?

They had some good moments. Sad to see now Eileen and Liz are going to start brawling over Owen/Charlie
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Beale and Darren Miller
    Bianca Jackson and Ronnie Mitchell
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »
    Peter Beale and Darren Miller
    Bianca Jackson and Ronnie Mitchell

Forgot about Peter and Darren but Ronnie and Bianca were never friends. They had the beginnings of a friendship wiv their 3 hander wiv Dot but like they said at the end

Ronnie: We're not friends tho
    Bianca: As if!

They kinda made it clear that although they gained an understanding of each other and had a laugh and a joke, it was more of a "what was said tonight, stays as tonight only" sorta thing. I personally would have loved to see it developed but ah well.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peggy never said goodbye to Charlie!