13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    topcat2 wrote:
    Does anyone think that somehow Tim Curry in drag is sexy :o
    Have you got any tattoos, Brad? :)

Franknfurter's great, but I always had a thing for Riff Raff myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat2 wrote:
    Does anyone think that somehow Tim Curry in drag is sexy :o

He is sexy .. but then he is meant to be .. but just the way he uses his eyes to look at the camera .. v sexy man
  • Options
    TreeThrower100TreeThrower100 Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just back from the show in glasgow tonite.anyone else go? been?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Ok i have the 2 disc edition the VHS and the Soundtrack and i make my boyfriend watch it when its on the tv - poor sod. I adore this film and yes Tim Curry in a basque and stockings is sexy - im female but him dressed like FrankNFurter is hot. I cant explain it. I know the songs and even learnt the dance moves to the songs at one point. I dont think i could see it in the theatre id miss tim an susan barry peter and the others way too much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I don't understand this film at all. It is so random, it always shocks me that Tim Curry dressed up as a woman.
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Men wrote: »
    I don't understand this film at all. It is so random, it always shocks me that Tim Curry dressed up as a woman.

No he didn't. He dressed as a transvestite. A Transylvanian transvestite. Given that a transvestite is a man who wears women's clothing, what exactly shocked you? A transvestite in a dinner jacket, or in jeans and a t-shirt, isn't really portraying a transvestite, is he?

How else would he portray a transvestite except by wearing the clothing that a transvestite would wear?
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it's a homage to both horror films, especially of the gothic type, and some cinema related ephemera, which Richard o Brien also enjoyed. For example, the Charles atlas bodybuilding ads which I can remember being in ABC cinema review magazine .......... as for the transvestite bit .........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21788238

http://www.armstrong.edu/images/history_journal/atlas1.jpg
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    candycane wrote: »
    He is sexy .. but then he is meant to be .. but just the way he uses his eyes to look at the camera .. v sexy man

Not so much in criminal minds though :o:D
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this thread is a revived old thread, but YES to whoever asked if Tim Curry is sexy in this. Very much a yes. Not anything to do with trans per se, just soooo exuberantly delicious.

....In just 7 days, I can make you a maaaaaan.... ;)
  • Options
    laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    In my opinion this is one of those films that starts off great and then starts dragging during the latter half.

Another great horror-musical is the now forgotten and very similar Phantom of the Paradise which was made I think the year before RHPS but got almost completely overlooked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    One of the things I don't like about the film is the interior of the house. It should have been more gothic, in my opinion. I enjoy the movie until Sweet Transvestite is finished and I like Meat Loaf's cameo, but I'm not crazy about the rest.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    No he didn't. He dressed as a transvestite. A Transylvanian transvestite. Given that a transvestite is a man who wears women's clothing, what exactly shocked you? A transvestite in a dinner jacket, or in jeans and a t-shirt, isn't really portraying a transvestite, is he?

How else would he portray a transvestite except by wearing the clothing that a transvestite would wear?

So Tim Curry pretended to be a man who pretended to be a man who pretended to be a woman? That is confusing ;)
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    So Tim Curry pretended to be a man who pretended to be a man who pretended to be a woman? That is confusing ;)

No, Tim Curry pretended to be an alien who pretended to be a man who pretended to be a woman.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A man dressed up as a woman is hardly shocking. Even in the time it was made it was hardly shocking.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A man dressed up as a woman is hardly shocking. Even in the time it was made it was hardly shocking.

the Two Ronnies were doing it every week !
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never understand what this film is about.

It's just a mess but a good mess
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I know this thread is a revived old thread, but YES to whoever asked if Tim Curry is sexy in this. Very much a yes. Not anything to do with trans per se, just soooo exuberantly delicious.

....In just 7 days, I can make you a maaaaaan.... ;)

Isn't he just? And becomes much less sexy when the make-up has gone.
    Not so much in criminal minds though :o:D

I saw that (again) the other night. Scary!!! Told you he looked better with make-up..
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I'm making a man, with blonde hair and a tan.....'
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OOOHHHH Rocky!!!!!:D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Anthony Head playing Frank n Furter and he was very good.

I saw it with AH too, really good.

Lovd the film and the stage show was such a good laugh and entertaining.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    In my opinion this is one of those films that starts off great and then starts dragging during the latter half.

I'm so relieved others think this! Everyone told me that I'd adore RHPS before I first watched it; a few of my friends who'd grown up with the movie told me it was right up my street.

Starts off very well, great fun and great songs. By half way, I was bored and felt the film had lost a lot of it's intrigue.

I've tried so many times to watch it because it is so beloved, I thought maybe I was just missing something. I've only ever made it to the end without falling asleep once :blush: and I rarely fall asleep watching movies, even less-than-stellar ones!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rocky Horror show (with Richard O'Brien) returns to London stage in September - touring rest of country begins in December.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/richard-obrien-rocky-horror-show-west-end-playhouse_38422.html
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's distinctly a film of three halfs. Does pick up towards the end though.