Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just went 22 for 0. :D

God I love this game.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not tried online yet, going to finish single player first before attempting to get my ass handed to me :D

Anyway, still loving it. Only negative thing I have to say is my arm starts to hurt after a while when using the Sharp Shooter :p Anyone else using it or with just Move on it's own?

I feel I'm almost at the same level as I would be with the dual shock. In fact when I went onto Home to play the KZ mini-game to unlock the maps (still trying) I was wanting to use my Move instead :p
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha. I'm playing campaign with Move. It's much more varied than Kz2. Half way through and loving it :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just finished the campaign (probably between 6-7 hours on Veteran, slightly disappointed considering most reviews said between 8 and 10 hours, but i enjoyed it while it lasted). Great game though and absolutely stunning to look at, the only negative thing apart from the shorter than expected length would be those god-awful on rails sections, whoever at Guerrilla thought they were a good idea wants shooting.

Now to dive into multiplayer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tactician is so much fun! I never used him before as I hated spawn grenades in KZ3. I keep calling in UAV's for my team and using my deadly M82. Now over 3 in my K/D ratio which is unheard of for me lol.

Still some way behind wafcsean in the DS rankings. He's already commander (or whatever the first single block stripe is).

Seriously can't get enough of this game. It's hard to turn off but I did :( Got some business to do tomorrow afternoon and then I'm rushing back home to play! :D:D

Love how on me and seans "My Killzone" pages it says "Decorated Killzone 2 Veteran" :D
  • Options
    WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    that rank is due to a couple a things :

1. I got it a day early

2. My 2x XP promotion was helpful :D

However, my promotion has gone and i miss the tactician now, i unlocked all of the field medic stuff instead :(

Shall be back online tomorrow, not been able to go on today!

I have someone already onto Colonel 3. Crazy stuff, hes 1,600 and something in the leaderboards!

PS - what does it mean to be a KZ2 decorated veteran, what is the criteria??

I cant wait to get on tomorrow now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game still haven't given me my code. Hopefully I get it tomorrow then I'm straight on for some ass kicking!

I love how camping isn't encouraged and rewarded in this!

If I'm killed by a dirty camper I'm not thinking. . ."oh god he's gonna get dogs or a chopper gunner". . .I'm thinking "this is probably gonna be the only kill he gets all game" :D
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still loving this.

In single player I have just completed the stealthy mission in jungle. Great change of pace - and the environment looks stunning. May have mentioned this before but the graphics are amazing. I am now pinned down by a couple of those walker things.

The online continues to be brilliant. It has a real depth to it, with the range of abilities that are available to each of the classes. You can really tailor the game to your style. i am playing as a tactician at the moment and am really enjoying turing all the spawn points etc.

Wazone is my fav game mode - the rolling objectives really keep you on your toes and the sense of teamwork is great. Only issue is that I only ever seem to get games in this mode on saluman market. This is a great map (probably my favorite) but it would be nice for it to cycle through the maps a bit more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is very difficult to compare games, but as someone who has only ever really played COD and online this is the only title i have played, i was wondering how they do compare in terms of gameplay, button layout, and the move aspect (which is best to play in MOVE/Dualshock?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only played it with the Move and starting to really get the hang of it. I feel with the Move controller it adds a whole new depth to the game, making it more enjoyable in my view. Not tried it online yet, so can't comment on that side.

For those who play it online, do many people actually work as a team and are a lot using the headset? I love teamwork, even if the game is rather poor I can overlook that as I enjoy working with people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mainly play TDM where no teamwork is needed.

The hardcore play warzone and usually use mics as it practically guarantees a win over a Solent team who are all using one class lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Move is brilliant fun.

On the jungle section, just stuck after restoring the communications feed.

May be the same section as above
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the jungle level. Move is great for it. I'm playing on Trooper the second hardest difficulty Toss grenades at the scary transporter spider and it blows up.

I'll be playing trough again on Veteran with dual shock looking to collect everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope you guys are right, just invested nearly 80 notes (game and sharpshooter) on your say so lol
    See you online! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just been playing Warzone on the re-done Salamun Market level, and to be honest i don't even know whether i enjoyed it or not. I managed to rack up a fair few kills and team actions, but the amount of spawn camping by the other team is just insane, and it seems to happen on every game...kind of ruined it for me. Plus, it seemed quite laggy at times.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Just been playing Warzone on the re-done Salamun Market level, and to be honest i don't even know whether i enjoyed it or not. I managed to rack up a fair few kills and team actions, but the amount of spawn camping by the other team is just insane, and it seems to happen on every game...kind of ruined it for me. Plus, it seemed quite laggy at times.

I found that too, spawn camping in nearly every mode, didn't enjoy it :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean spawn camping? Warzone is objective based. So if the team is camped at your spawn then that means they won't complete the objectives meaning you win surely?

Spawn camping in team death match was awful in kz2 because of tactical spawn grenades but thankfully in Kz3 you are randomly spawned now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    I loved the jungle level. Move is great for it.

Seconded! Stabbing someone in the back is far more fun when you have to jerk the Move forward :D

ps sorry for the 'sly' comment in the mobile thread. Just didn't like you calling me cheap :p I LOVE Argos btw, helped furnish all the little things in my flat. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    What do you mean spawn camping? Warzone is objective based. So if the team is camped at your spawn then that means they won't complete the objectives meaning you win surely?

I mean when you spawn on a base and some tw*t is sitting just outside the capture zone waiting for people to spawn so he/she can kill them. I wouldn't mind if they were actually trying to capture the base, but the majority of them just camp the base for easy kills as people spawn. It's very annoying and happens on every game i've played so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balls! Soundburst has got banned again! I know why but I think a banning was uncalled for, some mods are too heavy handed.

Back on subject. I've not tried online yet but I really wish people wouldn't just go for the cheap kills and instead work as a team. But I suppose that is a negative side of having the ability to rank up, most people is in it to get a higher rank regardless of the cost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah the spring Ban Hammer Cull has started has it. Surely there should have been an email to every member :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah the spring Ban Hammer Cull has started has it. Surely there should have been an email to every member :D

They must be close to meeting their quota, I got banned the other day :D

Man my arm is killing me from playing KZ3 with the Sharp Shooter tonight, but still worth it :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Balls! Soundburst has got banned again! I know why but I think a banning was uncalled for, some mods are too heavy handed.

Back on subject. I've not tried online yet but I really wish people wouldn't just go for the cheap kills and instead work as a team. But I suppose that is a negative side of having the ability to rank up, most people is in it to get a higher rank regardless of the cost.

:D

He needs to keep his emotions in check, hes intelligent and puts up a good argument but gos to far until he p***es someone right off! :p

That's the end of this thread.....
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Containing four maps - two guerrilla warfare and two warzone. There are trailers for two of the maps on the blog.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/17/killzone-3-from-the-ashes-map-pack-launches-next-week/

The Lente Missile Base map is similar to the one with the rocket on Black Ops (can't remember the name) with the missile launching during the match. Looks good. The mobile factory level also looks pretty dramatic.

There will be trailers for the other two maps on the blog today.

Anyway four maps for £3.99 for those who are still playing. I haven't been on for a while, but will give these a go. They are also doing a map pack bundle of all the dlc; retro, steel rain and this one all for £7.99 (8 maps)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Aiming thingy looks weird - mine moves around. Went 36 : 8 at Bilgarsk last night.