Orthodontic-Clear plastic retainers/invisalign

morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Afternoon all,

I had my "train track" brace removed yesterday and am now using a clear plastic vacuform retainer. I have been advised to wear it at night, but wish to wear it a bit longer for the first month.

The top fits well and is easy to get on and off but the bottom one is more tight and harder to remove.

My question is this: Do these types of retainers stain? I have no intention of eating with it in, but it would make life easier if I could leave them in for a tea/coffee/cheeky cigarette......

Anyone wear one of these out there that could advise???

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

I had my "train track" brace removed yesterday and am now using a clear plastic vacuform retainer. I have been advised to wear it at night, but wish to wear it a bit longer for the first month.

The top fits well and is easy to get on and off but the bottom one is more tight and harder to remove.

My question is this: Do these types of retainers stain? I have no intention of eating with it in, but it would make life easier if I could leave them in for a tea/coffee/cheeky cigarette......

Anyone wear one of these out there that could advise???
    I definitely wouldn't smoke while wearing them :s nor eat or drink with them in.

I had them many years ago and hated them, especially when you took them out in the morning