Options

Help Wanted Old Kids Tv Show On Cbbc Called Hububb (1997-2001)

BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
Forum Member
Hi there,
I used to watch a TV show on CBBC from 1997 till 2001 called Hububb. It starred Les Bunny who delivered things on his bicycle, his catchphrase was "Top Horn". I am on the lookout for episodes or clips that people may have of the show. I will be willing to pay for episodes from anyone. Can anyone help ne with this?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    This is a shameful bump but I really want to find the full series of Hububb.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never heard of the show but there is a Youtube channel dedicated to it http://www.youtube.com/user/Hububbfan
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching it with my kids, but the main character's name was Les Bubb, not Les Bunny. He has a Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Bubb

I don't think we ever recorded it though, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry yes! Les Bubb, stupid predictive text! And the YouTube page is mine with my own recordings. I have about 20 episodes in total. I need about 44 others, I need the complete Series 1 and 2. Also need most of series 4, and the first episode of the 5th series. Please help if you can. Willing to pay a lot of money for episodes. I will take either DVDs or VIdeotapes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not many people seemed to have heard of it, I've been after the whole series since the year 2000 and I haven't found anyone willing to sell me episodes or even have any at all. Is there anyone here who has video tapes that were taped between 1997 and 2001, you may have an episode of Hububb on there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Yes I remember the show and used to really like it.

Quick youtube search gives other videos aside from yours eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjssN5bAJc

but I guess you will have already seen those
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy new year everyone, I'm still on the lookout for any clips or recordings of this show. If any of you were fans, don;t hesitate to post. If you have some old video tapes perhaps you have some footage of Hububb from between 1997 and 2001 on there somewhere? I am definitely interested in purchasing any footage that anyone has, either on DVD or VHS. Please get in touch.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried contacting BBC Scotland or even Les Bubb? I remember the theme tune was good, was all a bit surreal for me though. I'll keep my eye out for any leads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been in touch with Les in the past however as a successful mime artist, he is a very busy man, as is Miltos Yerolemou (Mikey) whose private e-mail I also have. I have also been in touch with Ben Keaton, the writer but with no joy. I am in touch with someone who has a few episodes and is currently compiling a DVD for me. I hope to own the full set of episodes at some point, it brings back a lot of memories for myself. BBC Scotland haven't replied to any e-mails, I have been on the lookout since the year 2000 and in that time I have only acquired one episode...
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    as I've grown up I've looked back at shows I liked when I was a kid. I managed to forget most of them but then have managed to track them down. for years I remembered a delivery guy on a bike and that was all I could remember. and now thanks to this thread I've found out it was this show. I'm so happy to have finally cracked that mystery.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I loved this programme! Don't remember much about it other than the bloke in lycra speeding round corners on his rickety bike and the catchy Hubbub theme tune.

Can't help with your search, OP, but best of luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any new interest?