The Jimi Mistry and Flavia Cacace Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Big Happy Birthday to Jimi :) Hope he's having a lovely day. I'm sure there'll be great celebrations tonight after the show. I don't know how Flavia does it :D

I really enjoyed The Syndicate last night too. I'm not following much on tv at the moment so it's nice to have something new to look out for every week.

Lots of great little interviews from our pair recently - all very cute ❤
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jimi was born in March too.

Happy Birthday Jimi :) Hope he's having a great time with Flav today.

I've haven't seen his latest drama yet but saw the trailer and it looks good. I'll catch up with it on iplayer - I've just got to watch the last few episodes of Spiral then I'll start on the Syndicate :D I could do with light relief of some comedy after the dark grittiness of crime drama :cool:
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Louella wrote: »
    Big Happy Birthday to Jimi :) Hope he's having a lovely day. I'm sure there'll be great celebrations tonight after the show. I don't know how Flavia does it :D

I really enjoyed The Syndicate last night too. I'm not following much on tv at the moment so it's nice to have something new to look out for every week.

Lots of great little interviews from our pair recently - all very cute ❤
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    So Jimi was born in March too.

Happy Birthday Jimi :) Hope he's having a great time with Flav today.

I've haven't seen his latest drama yet but saw the trailer and it looks good. I'll catch up with it on iplayer - I've just got to watch the last few episodes of Spiral then I'll start on the Syndicate :D I could do with light relief of some comedy after the dark grittiness of crime drama :cool:

Yeah it is good to have a new series to watch each week. I'm not following much on telly these days and don't watch any of the soaps so I like having Jimi in this to look forward to :D It is a great cast and looks like next week he has a really big role so that should be a good one. ;)

It is great that he is such good friends with the Midnight Tango gang and I think he must practically be an honorary member :D Good for Flavia too that he likes being with them all so much as he can be with her on tour whenever he doesn't have work of his own to catch up on.... Nice ;)
    Forum Member
    Interview with Jimi on Isle of Wight radio today at 2pm, repeated at 10pm :)

http://m.iwradio.co.uk/listen-live
    Forum Member
    That was a really good interview with Jimi :) Lots of talk about his past work in EE, East is East, The Guru etc.... Lots of great questions and good answers. Said about Strictly changing his life and about meeting Flavia and now here they were 'getting married soon' :D

Played some music too, and he picked his last one for Flav and said about them dancing to it on SCD and that it had kinda followed them around since and become their song. <3

Ain't no Sunshine - Michael Jackson. :)
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a nice interview :) I couldn't listen at 2 as I had my mother in law round for dinner but will definitely tune in later when it's repeated.

I wonder how soon he means when he says 'getting married soon' ?? :D
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a nice interview :) I couldn't listen at 2 as I had my mother in law round for dinner but will definitely tune in later when it's repeated.

I wonder how soon he means when he says 'getting married soon' ?? :D

Lol, well Flav has said in the last couple of interviews that they haven't set anything in stone yet, so I reckon next year at some point still! I hope whenever it is, that we know.... knowing our luck though they will be married in secret with no public attention. :rolleyes::p...........:cry: I NEED to see a wedding pic!!
    Forum Member
    Jimi is on Loose Women today.... This should be good :D

Looking fwd to tonight Syndicate. This is his episode tonight :)

We're being spoiled these days. ;)
    Forum Member
    Jimi's interview on Loose Women was FAB and if you didn't watch or record, it is well worth catching up with. Spoke a bit about The Syndicate and about winning the lottery etc, and the Loose Women said that he definitely won the lottery with Flav and he said he definitely won the prize ;) - There had been a topic on the show about the difference between obsessive love and true love, and he said that he didn't think he had ever experienced 'obsessive love' but he was definitely experiencing 'true love' ♥ :D

He said that friendship was the key and that they had been good friends first before anything else. They also asked him about another topic they had been discussing earlier about people taking pics of themselves to tweet and he said that he was one for taking pics of food and said about making Flav packed lunches, by which time the Loose Women were all 'AWWWWWwwwwwwing' :D He was so lovely, very down to earth, and gave a great interview :)

ETA : He also said they do have a dance around the living room, but he usually needs a drink before :D They asked how he felt about Flav winning SCD with Louis and if he had been a bit envious, and he said that he definitely wasn't as he knew how hard Flav had worked for it and how many hours she had put in, and that Louis was a lovely guy. :)
    Forum Member
    I actually got to see an ITV interview for once as I happened to be off work today so that was a spot of luck. It was a great interview - very natural and he did say some lovely things about Flavia :) It certainly seems to be true love ❤ I also enjoyed seeing Flavia on the cookery programme yesterday and like you Dilly would have loved a piece (or 3) of the cake :D
    Forum Member
    I actually got to see an ITV interview for once as I happened to be off work today so that was a spot of luck. It was a great interview - very natural and he did say some lovely things about Flavia :) It certainly seems to be true love ❤ I also enjoyed seeing Flavia on the cookery programme yesterday and like you Dilly would have loved a piece (or 3) of the cake :D

Glad you got to see it today as it really was a good one :) I hope he does more interviews as I could have listened to him for the whole hour programme today - He's an interesting guy and always has lots to talk about.
    Forum Member
    Just watched tonights Syndicate and what a brilliant episode! Jimi is a brilliant actor and really played his part well.... I was actually blubbering at some of it. Loving this series and especially Jimi in it ... He should be on our TV more I say ;)

I bet Flav is dying to see this episode... she'll be desperate to get home tonight to get settled down and catch up with it. :D
    Forum Member
    It was great and Jimi was fantastic. I'm not normally one for getting weepy over tv shows but I came pretty close with this! I'm really enjoying the show overall (the fact that Jimi is in it is an added bonus). She's a great writer - I haven't seen a lot of her stuff but loved Fat Friends from years ago. Hopefully this will lead to more tv work for Jimi - it would be great to see him on screen regularly 😊 And Flavia's so proud of him ❤ Sweet
    Forum Member
    It was great and Jimi was fantastic. I'm not normally one for getting weepy over tv shows but I came pretty close with this! I'm really enjoying the show overall (the fact that Jimi is in it is an added bonus). She's a great writer - I haven't seen a lot of her stuff but loved Fat Friends from years ago. Hopefully this will lead to more tv work for Jimi - it would be great to see him on screen regularly 😊 And Flavia's so proud of him ❤ Sweet

I hope so. I like having something to look forward to with him in it each week. :) I don't think he struggles for work too much and always lands good roles, so hopefully this will bring more BBC dramas for both him and us.:)

We are being so spoiled lately with press interviews, TV interviews and TV shows :D.... No doubt there will come a point where we have zilch again! :p
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im glad to see these 2 Lovebirds obviously doing well professionally and personally, may it continue :).
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Im glad to see these 2 Lovebirds obviously doing well professionally and personally, may it continue :).

Hi Edy, yeah everything is looking great for them and long may it continue. Hopefully lots more decent work projects, plus they have that wedding to plan! ;)
    Forum Member
    Jimi has tweeted that he is on Daybreak tomorrow morning :). I'm not at work tomorrow which is good, but I might not be up in time to see it, so I've set to record :)
    Forum Member
    Good to see Jimi on TV again this morning :D Spoke about The Syndicate and a couple of things he has worked on in the past, and then a bit about Flavia and how he makes her up packed lunches.... showed some pics of the yummy packed lunches too :D Again mentioned how they haven't had time to set a date for the wedding just yet.
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see HELLO mag tomorrow for the Flavia interview about Jimi and the engagement etc :) The magazine doesn't come out until a Tuesday here... I've saw the actual article and the photos but not read much of the article other than the bits that the newspapers have picked up on today. (Links posted on Flav's thread)

I did love this tweet from Jimi though.... ♥

Jimi...
    Also Think @FlaviaCacace looks a-ma-zing in @hellomag today
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm late adding to this thread but I finished watching the Syndicate yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I think it was a great cast and really enjoyed the storylines, particulary the episode that focused on Jimi's character. Jimi is a good comic actor, I hope we'll be seeing him in some more interesting roles in the future :)

On a less positive note I'd just like to let off steam about how peeved I am that I can't find Jimi and Flavia's charleston, rumba and quickstep on youtube anymore. I know they used to be on there - I think they were put up by that thoughtful user Matarist as he used to upload a lot of Strictly dances, but I'm sure it was the blasted BBC that ordered all the videos he uploaded to be removed :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    I'm late adding to this thread but I finished watching the Syndicate yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I think it was a great cast and really enjoyed the storylines, particulary the episode that focused on Jimi's character. Jimi is a good comic actor, I hope we'll be seeing him in some more interesting roles in the future :)

On a less positive note I'd just like to let off steam about how peeved I am that I can't find Jimi and Flavia's charleston, rumba and quickstep on youtube anymore. I know they used to be on there - I think they were put up by that thoughtful user Matarist as he used to upload a lot of Strictly dances, but I'm sure it was the blasted BBC that ordered all the videos he uploaded to be removed :(:cry:

How did I miss this post before as I'm sure I looked in here recently :o

Aww that is a shame that half of their dances have been lost from You Tube :( There was so many videos lost when they wiped out MrAtartist channel. Like you say, if the BBC had uploaded them all then it wouldn't be so bad, but it's rubbish for them to remove the channel when they aren't willing to put on their own replacements.
    Forum Member
    VOTE VOTE VOTE for The Syndicate in this years TV Choice Awards 'Best Drama Series' category :)

http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/awards/2013

SCD has been nominated in the Best Talent Show category so it could be a great night out for Jimi and Flav :D

Wonder if they are both away to Arlenes birthday party tonight, or if Jimi won't be back from his travels yet since he was at Standstead airport this morning.... I hope they are both there :)
    Forum Member
    Jimi's sisters wedding today so I'm hoping we might see a nice pic of him and Flav if they treat us with a twitpic :D. ..... Glad Flav has the time off Midnight Tango for this big day and hopefully this will kick their own wedding plans off.;)

@JimiMistry: Big day has arrived..my little sis wedding can't believe it..praying to the weather gods🙏☀😊
    Forum Member
    Great news that Jimi has got a role in Coronation St :) - The announcement was made at lunchtime today.

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/jimimistryjoinscobbles/

I haven't watched Corrie in ages but will start watching again to get up to scratch on the characters and storylines for when Jimi is on screen in November :D I'm looking forward to seeing him in it actually as it will be good to have him back on TV.
    Forum Member

Hi Topaz :)

I've sent you some links for these dances by PM that I have just come across. I don't want to post the links incase they get removed. :)