Jessie J no longer Bisexual

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Jessie J was really feminine, nobody would bat an eyelid

The assumption that she can't be straight is mainly because she is a bit butch

Well, she did also outright stated she was bisexual and liked chicks and dicks on Alan Carr: Chatty Man repeatedly. So, you know, don't literally shout about it and then people won't assume or invest in any belief it may be true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's complicated. I don't think people can choose their sexuality, hence why I am pissed off with her phrasing. But sometimes people's attractions so change. If she only wants to date men now then good for her.

If people's sexuality was optional, there wouldn't be so many people that commit suicide out of shame regarding their sexuality, fear coming out or go back in the closet as Jessie has. They'd just go "Well, guess my parents might disown me and I may deal with homophobia for the rest of my life, guess I'll stop fancying people of my own sex completely and go about the rest of my life happily. Gosh, that was easy." Unfortunately it's not that simple except to simpletons.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're bisexual with a preference for the opposite sex, is it really "going back into the closet" by claiming you're straight? The general public equate bisexuality with "dates both men and women". If she no longer plans to date women, isn't it easier just to say she's straight?

In my experience, the vast majority of women are attracted to other women to varying degrees. I've rarely known a woman who hasn't had same-sex fantasies. If they all identified as bisexual, it would just be ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're bisexual with a preference for the opposite sex, is it really "going back into the closet" by claiming you're straight? If you plan on settling down with a man, does it not seem silly to self-identify as bisexual?

In my experience, the vast majority of women are attracted to other women to varying degrees. I've rarely known a woman who hasn't had same-sex fantasies. If they all identified as bisexual, it would just be ridiculous

Finding people attractive and finding them sexually attractive are different though. I will notice handsome men and beautiful women equally but I would never fancy a bunk up with Chris Pine or Ian Somerhalder.

If you literally shout about being bisexual for years and then claim you're now straight, as if suddenly you can turn off your libido when it comes to finding people of the same sex sexually desirable, then yes, it is going back in the closet. As I stated previously, Alan Cumming is married to a man but he still admits he finds women sexually desirable because he's bisexual even if he has chosen to commit to being with a man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Finding people attractive and finding them sexually attractive are different though. I will notice handsome men and beautiful women equally but I would never fancy a bunk up with Chris Pine or Ian Somerhalder.

If you literally shout about being bisexual for years and then claim you're now straight, as if suddenly you can turn off your libido when it comes to finding people of the same sex sexually desirable, then yes, it is going back in the closet. As I stated previously, Alan Cumming is married to a man but he still admits he finds women sexually desirable because he's bisexual even if he has chosen to commit to being with a man.

I'll take that bunk up :o:blush:
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love alan cumming Jessie has no class or respect for her gay fans calling bisexuality a phase or experimenting lots of photos of her with kira online.
    however much she wants to she will never get away from her past same as anne heche funny that line she said I won't choose to act on it.
    which means if she ever does fancy another girl she will deny her feelings wonder if she'll do a sam fox 15 years from now when her career isn't going so well.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. I'm married, yet still find women attractive. Just because I've settled down doesn't mean that I've suddenly turned straight and will never fancy another woman ever again. Quite the opposite (well not the complete opposite, I'm not a full blown lesbian). What Jessie is trying to say is that she will never fancy a woman ever again, which I find laughable at best.

I'm sure a lot of her fans, especially bi fans looked up to her as a role model, or an inspiration. I know I did, as it raised the profile of bi visibility. To come out and say "look, it was a phase, I'm straight now." isn't doing much for bi visibility, is it? Some people already think that it's a phase, or a "tiptoeing out the closet", now Jessie's not doing much to dispel that, is she? I, for one, loved her first album, but now can hardly bear to look at her without thinking "what a bloody phoney!"
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    ellesworth wrote: »
    This. I'm married, yet still find women attractive. Just because I've settled down doesn't mean that I've suddenly turned straight and will never fancy another woman ever again. Quite the opposite (well not the complete opposite, I'm not a full blown lesbian). What Jessie is trying to say is that she will never fancy a woman ever again, which I find laughable at best.

I'm sure a lot of her fans, especially bi fans looked up to her as a role model, or an inspiration. I know I did, as it raised the profile of bi visibility. To come out and say "look, it was a phase, I'm straight now." isn't doing much for bi visibility, is it? Some people already think that it's a phase, or a "tiptoeing out the closet", now Jessie's not doing much to dispel that, is she? I, for one, loved her first album, but now can hardly bear to look at her without thinking "what a bloody phoney!"

She like many only cares about herself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see she's talking about finding a man in America now...
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan James gave an interview in June this year where he said "i still fancy women, i could still be sexually and romantically attracted to a woman, but i sleep with men so that makes me gay"

If anything, that is as bi-phobic as anything Jessie J has supposedly done, yet no one batted an eyelid
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Duncan James gave an interview in June this year where he said "i still fancy women, i could still be sexually and romantically attracted to a woman, but i sleep with men so that makes me gay"

If anything, that is as bi-phobic as anything Jessie J has supposedly done, yet no one batted an eyelid

I didn't know he said that but if he did then he is not gay he is bisexual! I am a man who sleeps with men, do I find women attractive? Yes, some of them. Am I sexually attracted to or would ever sleep with a woman? No. Because if I did i'd be bi lol.

If Jessie J was really bisexual then making a blanket statement that she would never be attracted to a woman again is stupid. It's like someone saying "I will never be attracted to someone with blonde/black/brown hair again"
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J is very self-contradictory I find. I don't exactly dislike her but she admitted she was bisexual, now she's saying she's not. I didn't really think sexuality was a phase, but maybe it is or can be, I guess only she knows.

What I find more funny is how she said she's going to the US because people in the UK don't respect her voice :D
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    As she's now said it was a phase and that she's no longer attracted to women but is now only attracted to men .....I look forward to the future expose by a woman she's either hit on or had an affair with. I'm pretty sure the press will be keeping an eye out to expose her hypocrisy ;-) ...i fully expect when this happens (it will ) that she will say turning straight was a phase....her desperation for success in the US will be her downfall.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I relate to that though I'm not married. If anything the older I get the more drawn to other women I am to the point where, for the first time in my life, I could actually imagine being in relationship with a woman, not just dabbling.

How does that work within a marriage, do you have to suppress the attractions or is it 'allowed'? You can tell me to mind my own business if you want, I won't be offended :D
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This^ imo if you are bisexual, with whatever preference towards either side, you are still going to fancy the other gender. This all sounds like re-branding of image to me. However I still think it's easier for a woman to be openly bi than a man. How many men do you meet that are openly bi, or admit having a gay side?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair that's because Blue are utterly irrelevant, their time in the spotlight is pretty much over. They, like the Sugababes, have went bankrupt because nobody has any interest in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Yes, I relate to that though I'm not married. If anything the older I get the more drawn to other women I am to the point where, for the first time in my life, I could actually imagine being in relationship with a woman, not just dabbling.

How does that work within a marriage, do you have to suppress the attractions or is it 'allowed'? You can tell me to mind my own business if you want, I won't be offended :D
    I suppose it's down to the couple. My husband is quite understanding and points out women who would be "my type", and laughs if he catches me looking as I never admit to it.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's down to the couple. My husband is quite understanding and points out women who would be "my type", and laughs if he catches me looking as I never admit to it.

He sounds like a good 'un, nice that he's comfortable enough to tease you :)

I think men generally find it less threatening than if you were checking out other guys.
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair that's because Blue are utterly irrelevant, their time in the spotlight is pretty much over. They, like the Sugababes, have went bankrupt because nobody has any interest in them.

Exactly. Duncan James keeps giving these interviews about his personal life, precisely because that is all he has to offer now. He's the only one the media seems interested in now, probably because of his bisexuality. he has said he's bi but mainly into men, i expect he always has been tbh. However, he still seems like a vain, plastic looking peacock, strutting around. He's attractive, but not, if that makes sense:p
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie giving up her full passport