Tonight's episode of EE was filmed nine weeks ago

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2882571/Pregnant-Jacqueline-Jossa-bump-stroked-star-Ben-Hardy-final-EastEnders-shoot-amid-ongoing-reports-s-split-Dan-Osborne.html

Tonight's episode of EE was filmed around 20/21 December last year. Therefore Ben Hardy left that long ago and returned specifically for the live episode/scenes.

By the same reckoning we should see Kathy back (assuming Gillian Taylforth is back filming in the near future) around the end of April/early May.

It also highlights that some cast members must of known about Bobby being Lucy's killer that long ago - despite some claiming otherwise.

Comments

• starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it yet, did they have tinsel up and mistletoe and wine on the jukebox?
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this thread meant to be about??
  • Soap SpySoap Spy Posts: 3,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2882571/Pregnant-Jacqueline-Jossa-bump-stroked-star-Ben-Hardy-final-EastEnders-shoot-amid-ongoing-reports-s-split-Dan-Osborne.html

Tonight's episode of EE was filmed around 20/21 December last year. Therefore Ben Hardy left that long ago and returned specifically for the live episode/scenes.

By the same reckoning we should see Kathy back (assuming Gillian Taylforth is back filming in the near future) around the end of April/early May.

It also highlights that some cast members must of known about Bobby being Lucy's killer that long ago - despite some claiming otherwise.

Yes most of the scenes were filmed nine weeks ago but the who killed Lucy story was filmed today because they added extra scenes.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The writers didn't know Kathy was coming back. They will need to write scripts for her so Kathy should be back in the summer hopefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Laurie, Ben and I assume Mimi knew before Christmas.

They have filmed extra scenes though to be slotted in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member

I think Ben knew about who killed Lucy from just before Xmas. Laurie knew from November, not sure when the other Beales knew.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when was the scene between Peter and Bobby filmed? Possible between Thursday/Friday last week? Friday was Ben's last day of filming.
  • Soap SpySoap Spy Posts: 3,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurie and Ben knew before Christmas but they didn't film who killed lucy scenes because they didn't want the whodunit storyline be reveal before the live episodes.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,175
    Forum Member

They won't bring Kathy back properly until they have storylines in place. There are having a script conference to discuss Kathy and post Bobby reveal this week, then scripts will need to be commissioned and written which will take a few weeks. The earliest they could realistically have her filming anything major woud be about 2 months time but more comfortably later - which fits with what we were told about her returning to filming in the Summer.

DTC said months ago that the killer would be told in December to give them a chance to prepare. What that actually meant, given it was a child, was telling the actors playing his family members. Laurie and Ben both confirmed on the after show party that they'd known since late last year.

I think it was quite obvious at the time that some cast members must be lying when they said they didn't know who had done it. It was just a white lie, can you imagine how they'd have been harassed if they'd admitted to knowing?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it was so secret, and only a few people knew, they haven't even storylined her return. Scripts are written around 4-5 months before filming. I won't expect to see her for a while yet.
    Forum Member
    So when was the scene between Peter and Bobby filmed? Possible between Thursday/Friday last week? Friday was Ben's last day of filming.

They probably did film it one day last week after Elliot was told.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd imagine it was filmed last week. They didn't tell the lad who plays Bobby until I think the Monday.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,150
    Forum Member
    With Lauren they might not have told her as in her scenes not once did they say who the killer was. They even pulled away when Peter was telling her. The Beales minus Bobby were told I think back then
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sharon Marshall on This Morning said their filming scenes to do with Bobby this week and adding them in now. So that scene with Peter and Bobby on the bench probably was filmed yesterday or today.
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly think it's likely that the scenes were Bobby is referred to as the killer have been shot in the past week or so and inserted in. If it was on a strictly need-to-know basis there's no way back in December they'd film these months ago with scores ofcamera men, sound engineers, lighting, teamsters, make-up etc involved in the scene being aware as far back as December.

There was also a difference in the scene of Lauren and Peter at the cemetery, they cut away and showed distance reaction shot, which revealed nothing at the tme to the crew invovled other than Peter probably not being the killer
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Sharon Marshall on This Morning said their filming scenes to do with Bobby this week and adding them in now. So that scene with Peter and Bobby on the bench probably was filmed yesterday or today.

Did she say Ben Hardy had come back to do just that one scene? Given it was stated several times that Friday was his last day, logistically it would have made much more sense to do that one scene last week, sometime after Elliot was told he'd done it but before Ben finished filming. They would have both been there for the live stuff anyway.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene with Bobby must have been filmed last week because Ben Hardy has had his last day on set. It was a sweet moment between the two of them.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Beales all knew late last year except Bobby. I think those cemetery scenes were filmed on the last day before the Christmas break. Linda/Sharon scenes due to air this week were also filmed that week. The crew normally film up to Valentine's Day but obviously with the Live inserts and episode they were even further ahead.

I read on Gillian's fan account that she returns to filming in June so I think she will be onscreen in August at the earliest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Did she say Ben Hardy had come back to do just that one scene? Given it was stated several times that Friday was his last day, logistically it would have made much more sense to do that one scene last week, sometime after Elliot was told he'd done it but before Ben finished filming. They would have both been there for the live stuff anyway.

That's a point. She didn't mention Ben Hardy. Maybe it was a spontaneous thing and they called Ben today if he was available to film a scene. Or they could of filmed it last week.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was Ben's last day on Friday as we saw the clip of him being presented with the plaque, so I assume that the Peter/Bobby scene must have been filmed last week after Eliot was told.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    only thing is the whole peter being lovely too jane and rude to ian made absoulety no sense in context they should of shot a scene with ian and peter with him saying he understands and hugging his dad goodbye
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    That's a point. She didn't mention Ben Hardy. Maybe it was a spontaneous thing and they called Ben today if he was available to film a scene. Or they could of filmed it last week.

Personally I think they'll have planned ahead enough to have done it last week. Notice it was an outside scene, they could have easily had a limited number of crew there for it even if it was filmed before the reveal. Also, notice that Peter didn't confirm it so anybody that did overhear could just think it was another red herring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only thing is the whole peter being lovely too jane and rude to ian made absoulety no sense in context they should of shot a scene with ian and peter with him saying he understands and hugging his dad goodbye

That was so bizarre. Peter should be mostly angry with Jane more than Ian as she was the one that has covered up this whole thing. Plus dumping Lucy's body in the woods seemed a bit callus. So I'm surprised Peter could hug Jane after all that.
  • glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Sharon was looking at some bills and Ben offered to help out, she says its ok cos Phil will be back, but he came back last week with a wad of cash
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    The Beales all knew late last year except Bobby. I think those cemetery scenes were filmed on the last day before the Christmas break. Linda/Sharon scenes due to air this week were also filmed that week. The crew normally film up to Valentine's Day but obviously with the Live inserts and episode they were even further ahead.

I read on Gillian's fan account that she returns to filming in June so I think she will be onscreen in August at the earliest.

Apparently Elliott was told last Monday