House of Cards season 3 discussion thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
TV's most ruthless couple Frank and Claire Underwood are back this week when the third season of Netflix Original show House of Cards arrives on Friday February 27.

They've both done some shocking things to get to where they are. What do you want to see next? Who do you want to get their comeuppance, and who should come out on top?

Comments

• fatboy75fatboy75 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see how low frank can sink to this season don't want him to do time just yet though
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this coming to UK Netflix?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is this coming to UK Netflix?

Yep - Friday, too :)

While I feel they could get another season out of it (to match the deck of cards theory), I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed if this is the end of the line. It has all got to come tumbling down.
  • itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it sticks to the original in its end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Frank is brilliant. Think it would be cool if he got away with everything. Who would see that coming?
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for a Season 4.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed as its out Midnight PST and we dont get it till 8am UK time tomorrow.

Too late to watch anything before work. Too impatient !
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, i've almost finished my HOC catch up. Just 3 more episodes to finish off season 2 before it starts again tomorrow.

I'm hoping for more consistent writing. HOC has lots of great moments and episodes but it can also meander into mediocrity at times.
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank, and indeed Claire, have sunk to incredible lows to seize Presidential power, so I can't wait to see what Frank does with the power he has worked so hard to grasp. I expect his position will be challenged and much of season 3 will be about how he manages (no doubt with ruthless and cut-throat measures) to retain the Presidency.

As others have said, it has to start crumbling at some point though, and I'd rather HoC goes out on a high. So I too wouldn't be disappointed if it was approaching the end of the line. Nevertheless, I cannot wait! :D
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doug Stamper, dead or alive?
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    I'm annoyed as its out Midnight PST and we dont get it till 8am UK time tomorrow.

Too late to watch anything before work. Too impatient !

How sad that I've been checking since midnight :blush: Well that's the end of my weekend. Note to self: Pace yourself - and get a life!

What am I hoping for? Not sure what could top THAT scene from Season 2 for a genuine wtf moment. So excited! :blush:
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I have just watched episode 1 of season three in UHD and have to say it looks and sounds amazing. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    House of Cards season 3 hits Netflix in its entirety today. After waiting patiently for a year, we finally get to see how the Underwoods' scheming continues to play out.

Will Frank get his comeuppance? And just what happened to Stamper?

What are your thoughts on season 3?

[news]House of Cards: Frank Underwood's best/worst moments[/news]
    Forum Member
    House of Cards season 3 hits Netflix in its entirety today. After waiting patiently for a year, we finally get to see how the Underwoods' scheming continues to play out.

Will Frank get his comeuppance? And just what happened to Stamper?

What are your thoughts on season 3?

[news]House of Cards: Frank Underwood's best/worst moments[/news]

I have watched the first two episodes from Season three in 4K and have to say it looks amazing.

Kevin Spacey is fantastic as the extremely underhand Frank Underwood and his wife Claire who in my opinion is just as ruthless. After watching the second episode I got the feeling that there may not be a fourth season, but I hope I am wrong. I just can't get enough of House of Cards. What do others think?
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The downfall has to start this season.

They have to start laying down the foundations for the impeachment and death of FU.
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    The downfall has to start this season.

They have to start laying down the foundations for the impeachment and death of FU.

I don't want to spoil it for you, but after watching some of season three the downfall of FU seems pretty certain.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I don't want to spoil it for you, but after watching some of season three the downfall of FU seems pretty certain.

Oh from day one it had to happen.

It was the only way the story could naturally flow.

Any other way and it would taint the entire show.

As high as he has risen he has to fall lower.

His name his legacy has to be totally destroyed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    To be honest, pretty disappointed with this season. Only the first two and last two eps came close to the standard set by the first two seasons. Don't get me wrong it's still at a pretty high standard, just feels like it lost the grittiness it had.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was busy last night but I've just started watching S3 this morning. Not planning on doing anything else until I have finished.

I found the 3 minute S2 recap to be useful as there were some things I had forgotten about.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Wow, you really binged through those 13 episodes then...
    Forum Member
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Wow, you really binged through those 13 episodes then...

The intention was we'd do a House of Cards day but ended up doing other thinks with it running in the background when we realised nothing much was going to happen.
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Well, it was dark, sad, brutal, painful (literally and figuratively), cold, intense and gripping.

It felt like a ’horror/thriller' (kudos to the atmospheric lighting and sound) as whilst there's a lot of scene setting going on, you're continuously waiting for the sucker punch to the stomach that will take your breath away whilst wondering wtf just happened.

I wasn't disappointed and am already peed off by those who have watched the whole series and are saying it's a let down. Not sure why - I didn't write it :blush:

The cold, heartless and dispassionate way in which people deemed useless and inconvenient are dispatched without a second thought or backward glance is fascinating and Kevin Spacey/Robin Wright/'others' are immense.
  • alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank, and indeed Claire, have sunk to incredible lows to seize Presidential power, so I can't wait to see what Frank does with the power he has worked so hard to grasp

One of the major differences from the British original is that Francis wanted the power for strong political as well as personal reasons. In the American version, the driving force for Frank just seems personal pique, so it will be very interesting to see what he does with it now.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St_Jammy wrote: »
    The intention was we'd do a House of Cards day but ended up doing other thinks with it running in the background when we realised nothing much was going to happen.
    So you were not even paying attention to most of the series and you thought it was pretty poor? The mind boggles:confused:
    Forum Member
    So you were not even paying attention to most of the series and you thought it was pretty poor? The mind boggles:confused:

Who said I wasn't paying attention? As a species we are capable of multitasking. Just to repeat again the show is still at a very high standard and I enjoyed it, I was just stating my disappointment that in my opinion it didn't live up to the previous two season.

No problem if you don't agree with that and I'm very happy that it lived up to other people's expectations. :)