[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks i will probably be ordering it friday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This worrys me a little as i wanted to use it for this...

TV-Recoding

Hmmm, TV Recording … To be honest with you I can't give out a score on this feature yet. All I can say about it is that it does not work for PAL recordings properly. The picture is cut off at the bottom and the aspect ratio is all screwed up. So until there is a firmware update for the A2 that fixes this problem I can not recommend the A2 for video recording if the country in which you live uses the PAL standard. If your country uses the NTSC standard please check out Austin Vaughan's review over at DAPreview.net
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Can't really comment there. I have Sky+ so have never had the need to record from the TV.

It does work with PAL according to people on the iAudiophile forum.

Do you want me to give it a try for you?

If using it as a PVR is a big thing for you, Archos is the way to go. Thats one front I will freely admit they are better than the A2 on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont mind trying it for me i will be happy because i have my heart set on this one now :) thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK. Just gave it a try and it seemed to work fine.

Only records in 4:3 format by the look of it. My skybox is set to widescreen so I dunno if fiddling about with a few options might get rid of the side borders?

My firmware is a tad out of date as well .... :o .... I'm running 1.73e, current version (non-beta) available I think might be 1.85?

Here's a sample vid, recorded at highest quality it can manage. Quality is OK, nothing fantastic. The Archos players are much more geared up to record than the A2. Wasn't a feature I was fussed for though so no biggie for me. :)

Sample vid.

(Save as rather than run is probably a better bet. Format is nasty ASF as thats what the A2 uses.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thanks alot it will do me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No probs ....