Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I'm no expert but I will take a stab at some of these!
    1. I think the guys were distracted - Rick was busy cutting the ropes after the explosion so probably kept low and then attacked the butcher.

2. I thought that was odd too. My guess was Rick had a sharpe object and maybe stabbed him in the back whilstramming the gun atthe guy's throat.

3. err don't know. maybe the walkers were having a picnic :D

4. Thats what I got from that information and it explains how Beth reenters the show

5. I don't think we will see Morgan for a while and this scene was edited into the first episode - possbily he'll turn up in 5b in February and come to the rescue. Hes probably a few weeks behind.

6. Can't explain thsi for you as I have no idea either - I guess they thought it was a waste of meat for it to go to waste!

7 - We did see a few other carridges and containers but they may have already killed everyone in B and C (that guy that slit the throats seemed new to the team so maybe came from B or C and decided to join?)

Thanks for trying:D

I guess we will have to make our own minds up on them

picnic blanket appearing is the most bizarre though:confused::p
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was clear resonance of this in the episode with the the victim's items all being laid out, particularly the watches I thought.

And of course, the gas in through a skylight. Although it was just tear gas in this instance.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    since when did they go all Marvel with post credit scenes. I would've missed it too if I weren't told :0
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    So if Terminus started off as a genuine sanctuary, how were they feeding themselves back then?
    Presumably the same way Rick's group did. Scavenging and perhaps farming. The more time goes by, the harder scavenging gets. All the local sources get used up.
    If the implication is that they were practising cannibalism, and this started after they were attacked, was it trauma induced collective madness? Simple brutal revenge on strangers?
    A theme of season 4 was Rick's theory that there are some things you can't come back from, and therefore some lines you should not cross. That's how he maintains his humanity, and why he asks those questions of each stranger he meets. Cannibalism is one of those lines. Once you've knowingly eaten people, you've become the kind of person who eats people, so that's what you do.

There's also an element of economics. What else can you do with the people who come to hurt you? Can't let them go, and can't afford to keep them prisoner and feed them, so you have to kill them. Then you might as well eat the meat. That group was large, and had come to depend on it. From the signs, we know they were determined never to be weak again.

There may be more to it. For example, perhaps they had a farm, and the raiders destroyed it; ate all the seed corn, burned crops or whatever. The survivors might not have had the heart to start all over.

From the flashbacks, I don't think the Terminus story is over. Not sure where they are going with it, though. The flashbacks seem to focus on that lady - Mary, was it? - that Carol wounded. Could she have survived?
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Presumably the same way Rick's group did. Scavenging and perhaps farming. The more time goes by, the harder scavenging gets. All the local sources get used up.

A theme of season 4 was Rick's theory that there are some things you can't come back from, and therefore some lines you should not cross. That's how he maintains his humanity, and why he asks those questions of each stranger he meets. Cannibalism is one of those lines. Once you've knowingly eaten people, you've become the kind of person who eats people, so that's what you do.

There's also an element of economics. What else can you do with the people who come to hurt you? Can't let them go, and can't afford to keep them prisoner and feed them, so you have to kill them. Then you might as well eat the meat. That group was large, and had come to depend on it. From the signs, we know they were determined never to be weak again.

There may be more to it. For example, perhaps they had a farm, and the raiders destroyed it; ate all the seed corn, burned crops or whatever. The survivors might not have had the heart to start all over.

From the flashbacks, I don't think the Terminus story is over. Not sure where they are going with it, though. The flashbacks seem to focus on that lady - Mary, was it? - that Carol wounded. Could she have survived?

I do believe one of the writers/producers said we'd get Terminus flashbacks for the first half of the season. But that was said ages ago, and may have just been to sucker us into "this Terminus arc is going to be long, look at all those hints of things in that last episode". I'm not sure I want flashbacks every episode either. It sounds like the stuff that happened to them was truly horrific even by the show's standards, so I don't want that in my face every episode.

I don't think Gareth was actually going to kill them right then, he was just toying with them. I mean, he would EVENTUALLY, but this was just to gauge reactions/ply for information. Which brings me to...

Bob. Oh dear, Bob. I have a feeling you blurting out that is going to bite you all in the behinds. These cannibals...they're at this state because they've given up all hope. They wouldn't be accepted back if society rolled back if it was cured. I have a feeling Gareth's new mission will be to destroy our gangs hope, starting with offing the "I know the cure" dude. The clip in the trailer showing Abraham breaking down kind of hints at the death of one his troop. I really hope they don't off Abraham as he's one of my faves now.

Tyrese. Letting that dude off is going to end bad. If this was another show, that dude would pay Tyrese back, save his hide at some "oh my god save us" moment, but this is The Walking Dead. Tenner says he ends up killing someone Tyrese cares about like his sister.

With possible deaths coming up, this brings me to...the massive group. I mean, it's bloody humongous, especially since they're all on foot. I have a feeling we won't see massive kill offs (yet) and we're heading to a recent comic storyline where a big cast is necessary.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who did Tyrese let off?

He killed the bloke in the cabin.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Who did Tyrese let off?

He killed the bloke in the cabin.

Did he? ;)

He told Carol he killed him, but *we* did not see it. All we saw was Tyreese hit him a few times.

Given everything Tyrese kept saying through the episode, I'd assume he let the guy live and let him go...
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Did he? ;)

He told Carol he killed him, but *we* did not see it. All we saw was Tyreese hit him a few times.

Given everything Tyrese kept saying through the episode, I'd assume he let the guy live and let him go...

I think that is wrong actually. Tyrese specifically said that he was ready now and had killed him. Surely everything he said during the episode was setting the scene for him getting the ability to kill back just like Rick got his mojo back.

Also, why else would he have stopped Carol from going back in as she was just about to do. He had nothing to lose there as it was her he'd told that he wasn't ready.

Anyway, the guy would probably just get bitten if he isn't properly killed :D
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that is wrong actually. Tyrese specifically said that he was ready now and had killed him. Surely everything he said during the episode was setting the scene for him getting the ability to kill back just like Rick got his mojo back.

Also, why else would he have stopped Carol from going back in as she was just about to do. He had nothing to lose there as it was her he'd told that he wasn't ready.

Anyway, the guy would probably just get bitten if he isn't properly killed :D

It's an obvious plot set up. He didn't want her going in because the guy was just knocked out.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Thank you for this, it's hysterical :D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    It's an obvious plot set up. He didn't want her going in because the guy was just knocked out.

Maybe you're right but I just don't see why Tyrese would lie. He didn't seem under any pressure from anyone to be able to kill again. In fact far from it as Carol was more than happy to step in.

If it is the case though, it has to be one of the most 'who cares' story lines ever. If he has survived he's on his own, wasn't even a leader and if he manages to get to wherever Tyrese and the gang have gone it will at least provide a lol moment at the incredulity of it :D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May he just doesn't want her to see the state of the body cos of the killing method he used. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member

Nothing happens in the walking dead universe without consequence I reckon he killed him but didn't stop him becoming a walker, this walker is gonna turn up again and somehow tyrese will pay . Whether it's his life or someone else's, you don't kill you die or someone you love will
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    And another thing wouldn't the termites have to chop the heads off quickly or they would be eating walker meat???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that it's a consistently great show. Except for the episode last season which revolved around Beth wanting to drink alcohol for the first time. Still the worst episode of any TV show that I have ever seen.

Tell me about it. She's the weakest link in the show. Absolutely wasn't missed in the season premiere.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing happens in the walking dead universe without consequence I reckon he killed him but didn't stop him becoming a walker, this walker is gonna turn up again and somehow tyrese will pay . Whether it's his life or someone else's, you don't kill you die or someone you love will

I have no doubt Tyreese didn't kill the guy. Tyreese stopped Carol going back in as she would obviously have killed the guy. This may well come back on them.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Poor Bob almost leg less.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    May he just doesn't want her to see the state of the body cos of the killing method he used. :eek:

This was my thought, he eas laying into him quite a bit so I'm guessing his head would just been a bloody pulp. But reading the thoughts of others maybe he didn't kill him or killed him and left him to turn, I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

This is one program me and my daughter still watch together nice family entertainment.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »

This is one program me and my daughter still watch together nice family entertainment.

:D- quite agree.

I don't see why Tyreese would want to shield Rambo-Carol from anything bloody though.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt Tyreese didn't kill the guy. Tyreese stopped Carol going back in as she would obviously have killed the guy. This may well come back on them.
    It never occurred to me that Tyreese left the guy alive - unless he left him un-conscious for the walkers to take of - and I can't see him popping up alive and well in a future episode. Maybe as a walker, complete with baseball cap so we recognise him, but that'll be it I think. The guy wasn't important enough - as far as we were shown - for his non-death to have far reaching consequences. Also, why would Tyreese tell Carol about him threatening Judith, but then stop Carol going back in because he thought she'd kill him? If he genuinely didn't want the guy dead and was concerned Carol wouldn't agree, it doesn't make sense to give Carol a reason to want to kill him. Tyreese could have just kept quiet about that. Far from not wanting Carol to kill him, I think Tyreese probably absolutely obliterated him, as weeks or months of pent up aggression came out, and he just didn't want Carol to see precisely how badly he'd beaten him. Maybe Tyreese can't even come to terms with it himself, let alone allow anyone else to see it?

I know the trope about if you don't see their head come off or something, don't assume they're dead, but that doesn't necessarily apply in every death. Gareth, from Terminus, will probably re-appear, given his prominence. Guy in cabin? Not so much.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ....looking forward to tonight's show.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    I don't see why Tyreese would want to shield Rambo-Carol from anything bloody though.

Kinda what my daughter said, she's changed just a little from the bullied/ abused wife she once was.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ....looking forward to tonight's show.

Ive seen it ..Carver arrives from The Wire
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another great episode, lots of menace and tension, but less high octane than no sanctuary. Make sure you watch all the way to the end:)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap. Well that certainly clears up any doubts that some people had of whether the Termites were cannibals or not!!