Options

Who should be next to take over Home Farm on Emmerdale

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think we can all agree than it needs a bold iconic character/family to become the centre of home farm again. Who would you like it to be ?

Amanda Redman I think would be a fantastic addition! Or imagine Alex Kingston being the new leading lady of the show

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cain or Sandy.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me, and I plan too hire Andy as gardener, and Rickesh's son to .....do something around the house.... preferable half haked...
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brand new family either like the Tates or the Wyldes! :)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Charity and the Dingles.
  • Options
    glen20glen20 Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if the producer shoved the Spencers in Home Farm.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Cain and Moira. None of their relatives or hangers on, just them.
  • Options
    glen20glen20 Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how much we pretend it has moved on since the days of the Tates, Kings etc. Emmerdale will always need a bold and iconic family in Home Farm. Nothing else has ever worked and no one has come up with a viable alternative. Those who understand Emmerdale and have been watching for a long time know that.

Recent producers have tried to make the show more 'real' and 'gritty', but it is clear that this is not a popular approach. Emmerdale was always about the relationships and conflicts between the upper-class and the working-class. However, of late, the soap has been focused too much towards the working-class (however controversial an opinion that may be!)

It needs a family that will lend itself well to the countryside and give the show a more sophisticated feel. Suitable actors might include Blythe Duff, Patricia Routledge and Gray O'Brien.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Lady Tara type.

Definitely no to a damn Dingle!
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the Tates don't think they've been beaten yet or ever will be but they should get the dude who went out with Bernice (forgotten his name) He should take over with Nathan Wylde coming back as some relative of his ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glen20 wrote: »
    No matter how much we pretend it has moved on since the days of the Tates, Kings etc. Emmerdale will always need a bold and iconic family in Home Farm. Nothing else has ever worked and no one has come up with a viable alternative. Those who understand Emmerdale and have been watching for a long time know that.

Recent producers have tried to make the show more 'real' and 'gritty', but it is clear that this is not a popular approach. Emmerdale was always about the relationships and conflicts between the upper-class and the working-class. However, of late, the soap has been focused too much towards the working-class (however controversial an opinion that may be!)

It needs a family that will lend itself well to the countryside and give the show a more sophisticated feel. Suitable actors might include Blythe Duff, Patricia Routledge and Gray O'Brien.
    Agreed. Unfortunately the present producer is not one of the former, as you will see.
    Patricia Routledge would have been brilliant! :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Faboulous Charity would appear to be the suitable occupier

New name...Fabulous Farm.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    glen20 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if the producer shoved the Spencers in Home Farm.

They already have Althorp.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    The Faboulous Charity would appear to be the suitable occupier

New name...Fabulous Farm.

More like Hoe Farm.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Robert Sugden. Home Farm stood for everything Jack hated, so imagine how he would feel about his son being in the big house? Andy would hate it and be convinced Katie would go back to him too.
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they get Charity out of there (sooner rather than later), I don't care who the hell is in Home Farm.
    I need to see Charity being brought down to size, so maybe Megan can get the place if Declan is confirmed as dead and there is a will and he's left everything (he could) to his sister.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love Zoe to come back but apart from her id like a new family.

I'l stop watching if Charity stays there.
  • Options
    HezzaHezza Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Can't remember his name he was only in a couple of episodes but the guy from family affairs. David Easter is his real name (maybe giles?) Anyway I'd like to him in home farm 😊
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's be honest, as soon as everyone read the title, we all knew the answer. Some may have fought it, or even denied and ignored what their brain told them, but we all know out of EVERY character to ever grace Emmerdale, by far the most suitable is...
    Charity!

Home Farm is rich, spectacular and glorious. It hits all the right spots. It oozes class. It's inviting; it pulls you in, you just can't stop looking at it.

All of the above doesn't just describe Home Farm, does it? It's exactly how everyone (or at least every SANE person) would describe Charity Macey. It's a match made in heaven. Charity has finally got her hands on it, and she will never let go. We all know it's her rightful place.

Hold on tight, people, because with Charity at the helm of Emmerdale, it's going to be a magical, crazy adventure, and I can't bloody wait!!! Exciting times ahead for Emmerdale :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    need a big bold family, like the wydles!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hezza wrote: »
    Can't remember his name he was only in a couple of episodes but the guy from family affairs. David Easter is his real name (maybe giles?) Anyway I'd like to him in home farm 😊
    His name was Gil.
    Unfortunately David Easter was falsely accused of a crime and hasn't had much work since. He was innocent and completely cleared in court - but mud sticks. >:(
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    His name was Gil.
    Unfortunately David Easter was falsely accused of a crime and hasn't had much work since. He was innocent and completely cleared in court - but mud sticks. >:(

Yes, I enjoyed Gil for the episodes he appeared in.

Mud especially sticks in Emmerdale. Ask Scott Windsor :(>:(
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Yup I'd agree with Charity, of course as we know Home Farm is a cursed setting so she is in for a bumpy ride.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edna, so she can open and run a christian down and outs place.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like Hoe Farm.

:D:D Ouch!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could deffo see Alex Kingston in Emmerdale. She would be fab. Not the best actress in the world but she isn't terrible and has a commanding presence on screen.