David Guetta 'If you're happy and you know it clap your hands'

RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
Forum Member
Yes you did read the thread title correctly! David Guetta's new song is a remix of the children's nursery rhyme :D

The end of EDM is nigh!

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there nothing sacred this man won't touch? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I thought the OP was trolling, was amazed to discover they weren't, and it might very well qualify as worst song of the century so far...

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/music/david-guettas-new-single-is-if-youre-happy-and-you-know-it-clap-your-hands--no-really-10418520.html
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Oh Jesus, really?

I can't stand David Guetta.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just how low can this guy sink... only a bloody moron will like this, he gives dance music a bad name.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ. I don't know how all those people in the crowd didn't die of embarrassment. Though if you're willing to pay a small fortune to go and see a man play records then I guess you're up for anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. I don't know how all those people in the crowd didn't die of embarrassment. Though if you're willing to pay a small fortune to go and see a man play records then I guess you're up for anything.

Tomorrowland's a big festival, even if they hated Guetta they could have almost certainly got their money's worth elsewhere...
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I'm An Albatroaz
    Wish You Were Mine
    Rumours
    Treasured Soul
    House Every Weekend
    Show Me Love
    Waiting For Love
    **that video in the other thread with the dancing babies **
    If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands

Dance music has been dying a slow and painful death for the last 8 months. All David Guetta has done is made it official. Just when you think you've heard the worst dance track of the year, someone else comes along with something even worse. It's as if they're all competing for the honour of producing the years worst, painful, lazy, uninspired dance song. :S

...and this is coming from someone who loves dance music. :cry:

That indie rock revival is looking more and more promising if dance continues to die the way it currently is.
  • floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you did read the thread title correctly! David Guetta's new song is a remix of the children's nursery rhyme :D

The end of EDM is nigh!

Since when was Guetta classed as EDM?
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floog wrote: »
    Since when was Guetta classed as EDM?

Seems fair to me... .
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think dance music is dying, in fact I think it's pretty big at the moment, hence Radio 1 in Ibiza turning 20. I do think EDM (like fist pumping, stadium filling etc) is dying though, although I don't think genres like House, DnB and that are dying though.

If You're Happy and You Know It though... really?! Probably down there with Rebecca Black - Friday! It is just as well Guetta isn't at R1 in Ibiza this year!
  • Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome, I can't wait for it to slay the charts!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Hope this bombs and kills off his already declining career. Then again does anyone remember effiel 65 and dance music survived that one.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDM is just awful. This track is a new low
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what people are getting worked up about! This is clearly something that he made to play at festivals over the summer for abit of fun, and will be very unlikely to see a proper release.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Guetta's new single is this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0vFnbW73E