Options

How many Xbox 360s have you bought?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    2, first one was fine, but I wanted the Gears of War xbox with more space :) still aint used the controllers that came with it lol, keeping them for sunday best
  • Options
    grtrekkiegrtrekkie Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    3 for me!

Launch console was a premium! rr'd after a couple of years. sent it off and it was fixed and has worked fine since. That has now migrated to the front room. Then it was a MW2 super elite, which i still have and a slim. Absolutely love my 360!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just interested in reading the about the amount of RROD, but dont think it reads too badly. I'm on my 3rd PS3 through YLOD, so it seemed to fail just as much. Thankfully I've only *bought* the 1 though, as replacements were under insurance.
  • Options
    Ed-HunterEd-Hunter Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    5, 1st one off ebay, went down with RROD, 2nd one off ebay again RROD, 3rd bought from GAME online, returned the next day due to disc read error, 4th one, again from GAME which was a replacement for number 3 again and number 5 which has been working for a year and a half now.
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First was RROD, i was gutted when that happened had it for about a year and a half. Premium model. And my second, if it survives, will be 3 years old in February. Arcade Model.
  • Options
    sandman112sandman112 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    5, ive got a launch console, still going after 1 RROD, bought 2 'pro' consoles for the kids which have since been replaced with slims, one of the pro's is now with my dad and the other in the bedroom for some quiet time gaming (never used)

i think all the white/cream boxes have at some point failed but all have been repaired free by microsoft
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still on my first after two years, it's the controller thats needed changing as I dropped it on a concrete floor and it split open

However the grinding inside the console is getting a bit more frequent so maybe time for a change very soon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 here. 60Gb then an elite then a slim :)
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had two, a white core I got in early 2007, was actually second hand then but looked immaculate. Started with a 20GB HDD in it and then upgraded to the 120GB model about a year or so after (just slotted the HDD into the existing machine, not a new machine). Never had a problem with it right up to the present. Only thing was the fans were a bit noisy but I think this is just the way it was on the old models. The fans were soon forgotten in games but made media and DVD a bit uncomfortable.

About three months ago, I got a £15 Amazon voucher (for renewing my Love Film Instant) and decided to put it towards a new 360S 4GB. After getting the 360S I remembered a 320GB HDD I took out of my PS3 when upgrading to 750GB and luckily it was the kind that the 360 accepts so with the help of a guide I ended up with a 320GB (well 324GB really) 360 for a little over £100, couldn't have been happier and the 360S is virtually silent so perfect as a media center too. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been very lucky. Had mine now for just under 5 years ....with no problems with it ^^
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I had an original white one, but that got RR but I had it fixed, but it broke again,

So I bought a new slim black one
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought 3, owned 5.

Launch day 20GB Premium (died after 15 months and was replaced by MS)

120GB Elite (died after 18 months and was replaced by MS)

Launch day 250GB Slim (still have it now, although I had to replace the HDD after it died due to repeated freezing playing ME3).
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    On my second but only bought one. I won my first 360 in Summer 2006 from a Pepsi promo (the only competition I have ever won), got the RROD In 2008. Sent the console to Microsoft and had the motherboard replaced under warrenty. I bought the 360S when it came out and passed my original to my brother in law. It finally bit the dust a couple of months ago.

I've always been pretty lucky with consoles, my original Mega Drive is hooked up to my TV and still works.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member

First two got RROD after a year or so, and I bought another one to take advantage of games bundles each time and sold on the original when it came back from repair.

Had an Elite now for over 3 years and it's been fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I bought 8 so that there's an xbox in every room bar the kitchen, bathroom and dining room. Simply so my 3 kids have their own console and that films and TV can be streamed to every room of the house.
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First one I got for Christmas 2007 which lasted about 3 years until early 2010 when it suffered an overheating problem.

Second one I bought from Argos after the first one died, It would have cost £65 for Microsoft to repair but Argos where selling them for £100 at the time.

Third one was October 2011 but that was because around June 2010 I decided to buy a PS3 so gave the xbox to my brother, around October 2011 I ended up buying an Xbox again partly because Forza 4 had just been released

My brother still has the replacement (2nd) I got which so far is still working, I was originally going to sell it to him for about £40 including the games I had but he didn't have alot of money so I just let him carry on using it
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought my 4th today and got Gears of War 3 for £6.99 :)
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First One i traded in to buy an Elite,and the third one is for my little boy to play minecraft on
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only ever bought 1 E74 error aside never had any issues with it
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    The Elite it never got a rrod and then got 250gb one in October for my teenagers birthday.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2. I bought one when it launched and one a few months ago after the first died.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the one Mrs Wembly.

It did RROD but lucky was able to get it fixed by MS...sent it back in the old XBox coffin.

Never felt the need to update it or get a bigger HD etc on it.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Launch console - died after 18 months
    Free repaired console - died after another 18 months
    Bought an arcade on the resident evil 5 launch, plus game and 2 pads £150
    Bought a slim on launch
    Sold my resident evil console last month.

So I have bought 3, own 1, sold 1, and binned 2:mad:

And yet I cant wait to buy a next-box at launch:o:D:o
  • Options
    RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Bought 2, but going to be a 3rd soon as my current Elite broke about 3 weeks ago.

The next will be my 11th or 12th 360, though. Lost exact count after I kept getting consoles that would RRoD after only a few weeks or a few months if I was lucky. in 2006-08.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I've only bought one console but it has always KO'd around 9months so have had it replaced, Had about 7 now, but nothing would make me swap consoles. Hoping next gen will be more reliable.