Jonathan Ross Show

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many ofcom complaints this show will receive!

Daily mail (apologies i read it for the quirky stories!) reported that russell brand made a sick joke about jimmy saville. They were quick to comment that it might have been cut as the show was recorded but still were banging on about it. Cue the comments and lots of outraged people slating brand for making such a joke.

The joke, or comment, wasnt aired on the show but the daily mail thoughtfully enlightened everyone as to what was said.

So rather than what they claimed was a distasteful joke be aired on tv for everyone to hear, the daily mail kindly posted it online just so we could be outraged by something we would otherwise be oblivious to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I wonder how many ofcom complaints this show will receive!

Daily mail (apologies i read it for the quirky stories!) reported that russell brand made a sick joke about jimmy saville. They were quick to comment that it might have been cut as the show was recorded but still were banging on about it. Cue the comments and lots of outraged people slating brand for making such a joke.

The joke, or comment, wasnt aired on the show but the daily mail thoughtfully enlightened everyone as to what was said.

So rather than what they claimed was a distasteful joke be aired on tv for everyone to hear, the daily mail kindly posted it online just so we could be outraged by something we would otherwise be oblivious to!
    How about you don't read 'The Daily Mail?' It could be a good start not to enlighten you but perhaps 'Lighten' you up!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what complete garbage brand was talking.how the heck has he been so succesful with that rubbish?.he is totally unfunny.
    Forum Member
    MiaBird wrote: »
    How about you don't read 'The Daily Mail?' It could be a good start not to enlighten you but perhaps 'Lighten' you up!!!

Good idea :D

I read it for the stories about the real housewives (sad i know!) and the general weird stories like a black dog having 8 black puppies and one white one :p
    Forum Member
    loonattic wrote: »
    what complete garbage brand was talking.how the heck has he been so succesful with that rubbish?.he is totally unfunny.

It sounded really scripted between him and ross. It was almost as if they were trying to be over the top polite and respectful so that they couldnt be accused of anything.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Russell, but my God, he has turned into an insufferable bore.

He just literally does not shut up.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So totally agree, this man in so not funny , he always makes me cringe,and it was a case of Jonathan sucking up to him and trying to make the public forget their stupid antics....they are both grown men, drugs or not drugs, Brand is not funny IMO. Ross should grow up he is IMO better than Brand and should sever this tie before Brand takes him down.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Izzard the wannabee Labour politician and cheerleader for the Euro (how'd that turn out?) who's not been funny for about 20 years and Brand the self-absorbed unfunny Hollywood flop, a recipe for every sane person to change the channel to Match of the Day.
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Brand's interview, find him really funny!
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member

always was always will be
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny7 wrote: »
    I liked Brand's interview, find him really funny!

I do too, he makes me laugh out loud.

Having said that, for a long time I really, really couldn't stand him and I can certainly see why people might not like him or his 'style'!

I like the way he speaks though, and I like the fact that I think his heart is in the right place really. I like that he is genuinely trying to make a difference with drug/alcohol addiction, and I found the documentary he did last year really interesting.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiaBird wrote: »
    Hmmm... Eddie Izzard, David Attenborough, Russel Brand & Pulp performing 'Disco 2000' all presented by Jonathan Wroosss.................... Saturday TV heaven!!!

I'm continually amazed at the line ups for these shows. It's as if Ross's team are competing to see how unappealing as possible a line up they can subject an ITV audience to...it's middle aged, middle class, blokey self indulgence. Tonight's lot looks like particular ratings poison. No wonder his show is sailing close to single figures. I expect the figures for this evening's offering to reach an all time low.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    has izzards fame in the states flatlined?i know the tv show he did with minnie driver was taken off the air
  • LabLab Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one thought Russell Brand was speeding (or, seing as he is Hollywood now, coked) off his t;ts then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I watched the first ten minutes and got the mpression Brand's parts were filmed separately to the other guests. Was he ever shown with them at the same time?
  • StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Yes he was, they showed him in the 'green room' or whatever they call it, with all the other guests at the beginning and during the show as well.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since this show moved to ITV they have a very odd running order/time given to each guest. For instance, they'll have someone like Keith Lemon or X Factor dross on for a huge chunk of the show, then wheel on the Hollywood star - who admittedly is only probably there to plug a film that Graham Norton and the BBC don't want - for a brief chat then time's up.

Last night JR kept mentioning that Pulp hadnt appeared on TV for 10 years but didnt use the "exclusive" to interview Jarvis who is always articulate and good value. Makes no sense to me.
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Quite Interesting' is how I would describe this edition as the guests were a good mix.
    Eddie Izzard is always good value whether he has an agenda or not, Sir David can do no wrong and the (apparently heavily cut) Russell Brand was funny too.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    Well, I am thoroughly fed up with the show. The only thing good about last night was David Attenborough. I watched a bit of Eddie Izzard who in my opinion was boring, I could not bring myself to watch Russell Brand and Dolph Lundgren had absolutely nothing interesting to say.

Much, much prefer good old Graham!!
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Well, I am thoroughly fed up with the show. The only thing good about last night was David Attenborough. I watched a bit of Eddie Izzard who in my opinion was boring, I could not bring myself to watch Russell Brand and Dolph Lundgren had absolutely nothing interesting to say.

Much, much prefer good old Graham!!

Agree GN show is far superior.
    Ross really must rue the day he messed up
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lundgren didn't get much time compared to the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I do too, he makes me laugh out loud.

Having said that, for a long time I really, really couldn't stand him and I can certainly see why people might not like him or his 'style'!

I like the way he speaks though, and I like the fact that I think his heart is in the right place really. I like that he is genuinely trying to make a difference with drug/alcohol addiction, and I found the documentary he did last year really interesting.

I found him deeply irritating, vain and self absorbed. I found this a little odd as I use to like him and find him funny. It's like he's kind of believing his own hype these days. I lost count of how many times he looked and talked to the camera instead of Ross and the audience!
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Lundgren didn't get much time compared to the others.

I think he could still play Jack Reacher :cool:
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe the other week that he asked Eddie Redmayne if he had freckles everywhere. Of all the things he could have asked him and that's all he could think of.

I don't watch it every week like I used to in the past, but I will be watching it next week as he has Hurts on - great band.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    He wasn't doing a comedy routine :rolleyes:
    Garbage? Like his gig for helping out drug addicts?
    Were you even listening?