Stitchers (US Pace--ABC Family)

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Sort of a cross between Source Code and iZombie, only instead of eating brains to solve the mystery they use a machine to sync up the brain of a dead person so they can enter their memories and solve how they died.

Seems to be a case of the week show, with a long term arc set up in the pilot.

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did make a thread a few weeks ago but no one cared. Thanks for reigniting interest.

Already seen the pilot and it looks to be one hell of a show. Lovely to see a sci-fi procedural back on tv, and for ABC Family to move away from their endless teen ridden soap operas. Purely based on the pilot, the lead actress blew me away with her performance. She owned every scene she was in and was playing her character as if she had played her for several years.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did make a thread a few weeks ago but no one cared. Thanks for reigniting interest.

Already seen the pilot and it looks to be one hell of a show. Lovely to see a sci-fi procedural back on tv, and for ABC Family to move away from their endless teen ridden soap operas. Purely based on the pilot, the lead actress blew me away with her performance. She owned every scene she was in and was playing her character as if she had played her for several years.

Search engine failed again.

But yes I agree the lead actress was very good and very captivating. I hope this is more than a one season show.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Thanks to this thread I went and found the first episode last night and watched it. The premise is not dissimilar to something they did in early episodes of Fringe and for that reason I was predisposed to like it. I thought it was great and only wished I'd waited until ep 2 was out so I could have watched them back to back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think this show will be something special. I can't help but feel it's downfall will be its network that it is airing. Nothing against ABC Family. It's just a feeling. Also, people do not like procedural sci-fi shows. Where as I do. I could be the in the minority of liking this. I can imagine the moaning of it being too procedural. People like sci-fi to be too serialized these days.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was not bad. They spoke at lightning speed, which was a little annoying but the episode was pretty decent and well acted.

There needs to be more too it than the current formula otherwise it will just get a little samey I fear.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't only the dialogue that was delivered at super-speed. Kirsten got recruited and was in the tank in about 5 minutes flat. Not, I suppose, that she noticed, given her unusual condition.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm giving it a couple of eps before I yay/nah it since my tv us schedule is pretty sparse at the mo, but I do hope they tweak her catsuit cos that plunging neck line was a bit much. Sexiness has its place, but that was just stupid.
    The show has Alison Scagliotti(?) from Warehouse 13 in it so that's a yay right there.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will give it a go, but it's a right hodge podge of other series's ideas
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it, lots of good characters that already seem at home in their roles for a pilot
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I'm giving it a couple of eps before I yay/nah it since my tv us schedule is pretty sparse at the mo, but I do hope they tweak her catsuit cos that plunging neck line was a bit much. Sexiness has its place, but that was just stupid.
    The show has Alison Scagliotti(?) from Warehouse 13 in it so that's a yay right there.

It took me a few seconds to recognise Alison Scagliotti actually. The new hair colour totally threw me :)

Just watched it and i'm probably going to be the same as you and give it a few episodes. It wasn't bad but it didn't really set my world on fire.
  • Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very silly and felt too rushed.
    but as Allison Scagliotti is in it, will give it a few episodes to find it's feet.

But have to say apart from the whole entering dead peoples memories being a bit of a stretch
    A 43 mile long road and not one blue door on it, That must be some kind of record.
    my road is about 200 metres max, and I can see two from my window :D

Edit
    Just seen this is my 1000 post :o
    Damn I talk a lot of crap on here :D
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick_2005 wrote: »
    Very silly and felt too rushed.
    but as Allison Scagliotti is in it, will give it a few episodes to find it's feet.

But have to say apart from the whole entering dead peoples memories being a bit of a stretch
    A 43 mile long road and not one blue door on it, That must be some kind of record.
    my road is about 200 metres max, and I can see two from my window :D

Edit
    Just seen this is my 1000 post :o
    Damn I talk a lot of crap on here :D

Well its worth a quote mate. :D Well done. :)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt like this could be a sleepwalkers remake and suspect it will have the same level of success.

Tried hard to like this but apart from Kirsten I pretty much hated them all.

As for the level of cliche that drove me nuts. Just once I'd like to see someone recruited into one of these secret organisation via job interview, and a nerd that wasn't well "a nerd".

Star trek references just are not enough and don't think the 7 of 9 costume will keep me around very long :D

Might go on the pile of "watch if it gets a second season"
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Was a very interesting pilot episode. Worth looking up, even if I doubt it will ever air in the UK.

Some corny parts of it, but a very interesting premise too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Was a very interesting pilot episode. Worth looking up, even if I doubt it will ever air in the UK.

Some corny parts of it, but a very interesting premise too.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2075183

Although I spelt 'Stichers' incorrectly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reviews have been very mixed for the show

It managed a 1.2 million for the premiere, which for ABC family is modest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good 2nd episode, all coming together. Not sure if the ratings will increase though, so I suspect it will only last a season.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad, just bad. They've made the star of the show unlikable, put her in a cheap and tacky suit, and surrounded her with juvenile boys. She is like a female Sheldon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good 2nd episode, all coming together. Not sure if the ratings will increase though, so I suspect it will only last a season.

I can't help but think it is on the wrong network. It would be perfect on Syfy, Space or The CW
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2075183

Although I spelt 'Stichers' incorrectly.
    I guess that would explain why me searching for the show by name didn't yield anything.

If there's a way to lobby the seemingly untouchable mods here to get them to change the title, maybe you should do so--I may not be the last person to search the proper spelling. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    I guess that would explain why me searching for the show by name didn't yield anything.

If there's a way to lobby the seemingly untouchable mods here to get them to change the title, maybe you should do so--I may not be the last person to search the proper spelling. :D

I'll alert the post and see if they will change the title.
    Forum Member
    I can't help but think it is on the wrong network. It would be perfect on Syfy, Space or The CW

Well not Space in the US. That's Canadian.

They were lucky ABC Family was even interested. It is indeed WAY out of ABC's usual demographic--the last similar show on that channel was Kyle XY, and unlike Stitchers Kyle XY had a "teen" angle to help it fit in with the rest of the channel's lineup.
    Forum Member
    I'll alert the post and see if they will change the title.

Actually that occurred to me right after my last post. But if you've done it as well by now, there's no harm I guess. :p
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's ok but it's spoon feeding information in each seen. Telling you every detail is annoying.

Also, the LAPD arresting them after knowing they're more secret than FBI is laughable.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a remix of plot elements from half a dozen other second rate series. Life's too short.