Options

BBC's Traffic Cops having a shake up?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Well after 13 years, Jamie Theakston is to leave Traffic Cops as the series' narrator. The BBC only showed 1 episode of the last series about 8 weeks ago, yet another new series JS starting tomorrow... Is this just creative scheduling or is the show having a bit of a shake up?

Comments

• Options
    RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mess with the formula.

However I do believe Sue Perkins has an afternoon free this year so she will probably be doing the narration in a jokey, ironic manner.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just not the same without JT.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to watch on the iplayer, as forgot about it, don't know why JTs not doing it anymore though.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Steven Macintosh doing the narration on last night's show.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I liked the new narrator, the show seemed a bit more serious somehow.
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably because Theakston voiced a few Road Rage type shows on ITV earlier in the year.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosebuddy wrote: »
    However I do believe Sue Perkins has an afternoon free this year so she will probably be doing the narration in a jokey, ironic manner.

Guaranteed to ensure all viewers switch off so they can stop making the programme!
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should get Lee Boardman in.

"The scrote's 'ad it away on 'is toes. He's made good with 'is legs and slipped the old bill.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »

"The scrote's 'ad it away on 'is toes. He's made good with 'is legs and slipped the old bill.

Sadly missed.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

He was good, "but the thieving scumbag isnt hanging around for that, and gives it legs":D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    They seemed to be focusing on a specific newly set up Yorkshire police unit too, the Road Crime Unit. As opposed to showing the usual traffic offences, they were following officers making arrests based on prior collated evidence and showed quite a bit of the control room and the administrators too. I wonder if this is a new direction or just a one off whilst they focus on this region? It was certainly different to the most recent ep shown on the beeb at 10:40 one night, which was standard Traffic Cops.

25KV, do you mean the last ep shown was from a much longer series that hasn't been broadcast?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Clare Balding is available:D
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25kV wrote: »
    The BBC only showed 1 episode of the last series about 8 weeks ago...
    That was a leftover edition from the previous series, erroneously listed by the BBC website as the start of a new run.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seconded!

Watched one with him narrating once and he started the segment with ''This piss 'ed...''

:D:D:D:D