BT Phone/Broadband install problems

Amajeed2k5Amajeed2k5 Posts: 120
Forum Member
Hi

I'm going to move into a new house and want to sign up to BT phone line + broadband.

There's no existing phone line present at the property and BT have said they will install the phone line free of charge.

An engineer was supposed to come out 7th August (8am-1pm) but did not come. At 1pm I rang BT and they said he was running late with a job and will definitely attend.

I rang them again at 3pm and they said there is a problem with the phone line outside that needs to be fixed first. I was told that it will be fixed on the 10th August and engineer will come out to me on the 11th August to install the phone line at home.

So 11th August (yesterday) again no BT engineer attends. I rang them up again and after being passed between various people, they tell the fault outside has still not been fixed. They have given me a new date of 14th August that it will be fixed by.

I have taken two days off work to get this resolved. Each time BT have not attended, have not contacted me to let me know they will not be coming out. It's been me that's been ringing them. At the very least they should be letting me know what is going on!

Does anybody know how long this will take to resolve? And who should I be complaining to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.