Season 21 - DISCUSS!

Comments

• kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Well, enjoy it :p. For what it's worth, I think it's a pretty awful cast, but we're never all going to like the same stuff.

I reckon either Tony or Val's celeb didn't sign and Artem got bumped down. Second tier pro that he is....😏. No clue why Louis got drafted in over him unless Paula specifically wanted him. Kind of glad Artem doesn't have to dance with her though.

I don't think it is a great lineup. I think there will be obvious split between the good and the hopeless but i might be surprised and i think that it will be good at the end of the season as long as the right people stay in. Glad Artem isn't dancing with Paula but he should have got someone. Hope Sharna and Nick do well. Willing to give it a chance as some of the best lineups on paper have been rubbish in practice and vice versa.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Gary :D this series is going to be fabulous.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,915
    Forum Member
    Alek Skarlatos...

...another one who utterly fascinates and baffles me in equal measure. :D Still - young, handsome, incredibly physically fit, and will likely have a fair fanbase, so a good signing. Whether he has any rhythm whatsoever remains to be seen. :p
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Can Gary Busey even walk in a straight line? :D:D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow. ...so Artem isn't a pro this season. Louis most likely took his spot. Apparently Paula Deen requested him.

I didn't see this coming. ..hmmmmm.....
    Wheww so happy that Lindsay escaped that Gary guy :o
    Anna back ? Meh......
    Louis ? Yay
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So thrilled that Anna's back! :D

Devasated that she's partnered with Gary "Less entertaining than being stabbed" Busey... :(

Other than that, everyone else seems like a decent bunch. Reserving judgment on Paula. Shocked at no Artem! Something must have occurred. Happy Louis' back though. Expected him back for the Season 20 celebrations like Kym, but this fits.

Interesting to see how Lindsay does. Also, given Peta was with Andy, does that mean they've shunted Allison from her original partner, or had they not trained yet, meaning it didn't matter who Lindsay partnered?
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Re Artem something must have happened somewhere , either with Artem on physical level or with casting pro overall. I saw a tweet from Artem last week saying he's back working on DWTS.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    So thrilled that Anna's back! :D

Devasated that she's partnered with Gary "Less entertaining than being stabbed" Busey... :(

Other than that, everyone else seems like a decent bunch. Reserving judgment on Paula. Shocked at no Artem! Something must have occurred. Happy Louis' back though. Expected him back for the Season 20 celebrations like Kym, but this fits.

Interesting to see how Lindsay does. Also, given Peta was with Andy, does that mean they've shunted Allison from her original partner, or had they not trained yet, meaning it didn't matter who Lindsay partnered?

Allison's celeb didn't sign on the dotted line some have been training for at least a week probably more like the ones that already announced whereas others haven't. From what Peta said she had already met Andy but not sure if they trained together
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re Artem something must have happened somewhere , either with Artem on physical level or with casting pro overall. I saw a tweet from Artem last week saying he's back working on DWTS.:confused:
    He posted an Instagram saying 'Back at work' or something. He looked fed up and added "😏" which I thought was strange if he was starting work with his celeb - you pretend to be thrilled, even if you're not. Then it all went quiet, although he was retweeting promos for the reveal. I was confused at the time, so wonder if he knew things weren't panning out. Dunno what work he was back at though :confused: . Troupe rehearsals perhaps. I'd tell them to stuff their troupe where the sun don't shine. He's probably more sensible...
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristyn has tweeted that Artem is out for the season - assume she means the troupe. Mysterious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Kristyn has tweeted that Artem is out for the season - assume she means the troupe. Mysterious.

@DWTS360: #DWTS Artem: I'm hearing he is out for Season 21. I do not have any further information regarding his status, but he will be missed.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Alexa Vega (or whatever name she has now) :D

Feel a bit guilty crushing on her, when you take this into consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Z3ou4yT50

Mind you, she turned into a fine young woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqhHm0W-4Y0

Might have to start watching DWTS (read: catch up on youtube).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure Louis should have confirmed this

@LouisVanAmstel: “@happypinkbunnie: @Paula_Deen Fun couple alert! Paula, did you ask to work with Louis?!” Yes, Paula did and I'm so thankful for that! 😊
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said she put it out there that she would love to work with Louis (Paula is a fan of the show - and thus knows who he is) and they obviously decided to take that wish on board!
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching Derek Hough for years as he just irritates me like he thinks he's bigger than the show attitude^_^ but....will watch him this time only because he is partnered with Bindi Irwin.

JTA why the hell is Paula the racist Deen brought in to this show????>:(
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Artem :( oh no. Gary Busey drove me crazy on CBB but this I just have to see :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching Derek Hough for years as he just irritates me like he thinks he's bigger than the show attitude^_^ but....will watch him this time only because he is partnered with Bindi Irwin.

JTA why the hell is Paula the racist Deen brought in to this show????>:(

Controversy/Ratings. Smh.
    And I had to laugh at the abc instagram page posting today a pic of her and Tamar embracing each other. ...yes that's supposed to make some people forget your ignorant , bigoted comments and actions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    She said she put it out there that she would love to work with Louis (Paula is a fan of the show - and thus knows who he is) and they obviously decided to take that wish on board!

I know DWTS takes preferences on board but if they are going to do that it should be well in advance. I know Nicole, Jennifer and Ricky all requested Derek and I know tptb are trying to keep the celebs happy but they should also be looking after the pros as well.

Here the thing Artem was announced as pro on 20th August, he was in all the promos and he
    tweeted that he had started work last week. Paula was rumoured to be his partner but I heard rumours and I repeat rumours that she was to be announced in the one day reveals last week but they couldn't because she hadn't signed - now that could have been for numerous reasons, but then the next thing was she was announced on GMA with Louie and no Artem in the cast.

If Artem were injured you would think that they would announce it like they did with Peta but to say nothing at all which leaves people questioning what happened.

I prefer strictly's casting where the pros are booked then the celeb are paired with them . What if more than one celeb wants the same pro and refused to sign unless they get them then what are we going to get; Derek dancing with multiple celebs? DWTS are opening themselves up to celebs demanding certain pros why wouldn't you want a pro who gets more publicity or normally gets to the final?

I don't have an issue with what tptb did because it is Artem I would have a problem no matter who it was it isn't the first time that a pro has cleared their diaries and found out last minute that they aren't on the show and it is why I didn't find val's "joke" tweets funny because when you are on top of a hierarchy it is easy to joke when there is no chance of it happening to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also rumours that Kym asked for Tony as she is good friends with NeNe Leakes
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they let the celebrities choose their partners. Say who'd they like, maybe, but not have the final word. And Paula would have asked for Louis before last week when Artem was saying he was back, posting links to the reveal, etc.

Here's a tweet about that:

yesterday on his [Artem's] Facebook he posted to tune into GMA [the celebrity reveal]. I can't believe this. 😒
    3:49 PM - 2 Sep 2015

Also, this one:

DWTS 360 ‏@DWTS360 Aug 28 [an insider]
    Artem doesn't know his partner yet either. #DWTS

This is what I think - Artem found out who his partner would be, didn't like it, got angry, there was a row, and they said well you're out then (or he quit).

Louis was told to be ready to be on the show several weeks ago (just in case) - but then, he was told that last season and then not cast. So I think that happened again and he was the "reserve" guy in case something went wrong.

JMHO of course, but the Paula request doesn't add up, imo. It could involve that housewife instead of Paula, I suppose - I'm not sure when her partner (Tony) was revealed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No a lot of Derek partners went on record by saying that they requested him. It was him or they wouldn't sign on to do the show. All his celebrities except his first one, Joanne and Bindi. ... Mark and Val had a lot of request from their previous partners as well.
    It depends on how much clout you have on the show as a pro and how bad tptb want certain celebrities; because they have certainly made exceptions for these 3 pros in particular; especially derek.

Celebrities REQUEST pros ( but tptb cave in IF it's these 3) on Dwts ; especially derek. Like I said, in 20 seasons he has done Most of them requested him .

Now if it was Artem, Tony, keo.... .....the show would have the last word. It depends on the pro.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    This is what I think - Artem found out who his partner would be, didn't like it, got angry, there was a row, and they said well you're out then (or he quit).

I would've thought it would have to be someone pretty terrible to make him do that as it would surely be career suicide in terms of DWTS (as Henry seems to have found out). Its not like he's got that many other irons in the fire like Maks/Val/Derek. He must've known when he joined DWTS that he would likely be a 'second tier' pro behind the established dancers, especially as he was a swap for Tristan who always got 'duffers', so I don't get why he would suddenly get angry about it :confused: It seems more likely that, as Fridgesoup said, he had to be bumped so Val/Tony could have his partner, but it still seems odd that they haven't given him a spot in the troupe at least. All very strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I don't think they let the celebrities choose their partners. Say who'd they like, maybe, but not have the final word. And Paula would have asked for Louis before last week when Artem was saying he was back, posting links to the reveal, etc.

Here's a tweet about that:

yesterday on his [Artem's] Facebook he posted to tune into GMA [the celebrity reveal]. I can't believe this. 😒
    3:49 PM - 2 Sep 2015

Also, this one:

DWTS 360 ‏@DWTS360 Aug 28 [an insider]
    Artem doesn't know his partner yet either. #DWTS

Louis was told to be ready to be on the show several weeks ago (just in case) - but then, he was told that last season and then not cast. So I think that happened again and he was the "reserve" guy in case something went wrong.

JMHO of course, but the Paula request doesn't add up, imo. It could involve that housewife instead of Paula, I suppose - I'm not sure when her partner (Tony) was revealed.

There were supposed to be 7 females and now there is only 6 so someone and some people dropped out. Val's partner selection is a bit odd.

The problem I have is that Mark, Derek, Val and Artem were confirmed as being pros so their first priority should have been getting those pros celebs. I don't believe for a second Artem got the huff over his partner and quit but something definitely happened over the last week.

Everyone expected that the pros not name at the time would be Keo, Emma and Tony with one new pros. Obviously someone happened as now there is 7 males pro with the return of Anna and Louis according to Kristyn/DWTS 360 she got the info the night before the announcement which means they were fixing the lineup up to the last minute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    No a lot of Derek partners went on record by saying that they requested him. It was him or they wouldn't sign on to do the show. All his celebrities except his first one, Joanne and Bindi. ... Mark and Val had a lot of request from their previous partners as well.
    It depends on how much clout you have on the show as a pro and how bad tptb want certain celebrities; because they have certainly made exceptions for these 3 pros in particular; especially derek.

Celebrities REQUEST pros ( but tptb cave in IF it's these 3) on Dwts ; especially derek. Like I said, in 20 seasons he has done Most of them requested him .

Now if it was Artem, Tony, keo.... .....the show would have the last word. It depends on the pro.

Did Amber request him? I know she was surprised when she got him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Did Amber request him? I know she was surprised when she got him

Yes she did. Even I was surprised but yes she requested him. She said that she would only do it if they paired her with him.