Anyone going to the semi finals

footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
Forum Member
Anyone lucky enough to have tickets for the semi finals this weekend

Comments

• Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Fraid not!

For some reason I've never put in for tickets, I really don't know why, but I will definitely be doing so next year!

Have you been lucky enough to go to a show?
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    I have never been lucky enough to get tickets- so does nayone have tickets for the semi finals
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, does it mean no spoiler this week?!?!?! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I'm going!!!! My friend got tickets for Sat and has sooooooooooooo very kindly asked me to accompany her.

:D:D:D:D:D

Footygirl if you pm me your number I can text you on Saturday night.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going!!!! My friend got tickets for Sat and has sooooooooooooo very kindly asked me to accompany her.

Oh good, and thank you very much :)
    I would so miss the spoiler thread :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Having been an avid fan of the spoiler thread for the last few years, I feel honoured to be able to make a valuable contribution! :D
    Forum Member
    Having been an avid fan of the spoiler thread for the last few years, I feel honoured to be able to make a valuable contribution! :D

Thankyou so much - have sent you a PM with my mobile number. Have a lovely time:)
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ohhhhh you lucky lucky thing ,!! I would love to go one day .The nearest I got was the Pro Tour and it was magical .
  • millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Saturday show recorded on the Friday night?
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    millie3 wrote: »
    Is the Saturday show recorded on the Friday night?

Only inside my crystal ball.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    No. Both the Friday night and the Saturday night will be live and have separate audiences. However, the Sunday Results show will be recorded after the normal Saturday show so those with tickets for Saturday get a better deal than those going on Friday night.;)
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    No. Both the Friday night and the Saturday night will be live and have separate audiences. However, the Sunday Results show will be recorded after the normal Saturday show so those with tickets for Saturday get a better deal than those going on Friday night.;)

As soon as I get a spoiler text from MF I'll post it on here:) (spoiler thread)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    As soon as I get a spoiler text from MF I'll post it on here:) (spoiler thread)
    Thank you all for spoilers
    I have butterflies already and no one has danced yet !!!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou so much - have sent you a PM with my mobile number. Have a lovely time:)

Not being funny or 'owt, but don't you have a source at the Beeb anyway? :confused:
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a relief! alisonrose will probably come up trumps, but a back plan is essential!:D
    Forum Member
    Not being funny or 'owt, but don't you have a source at the Beeb? :confused:

Yeah but I am working away this weekend - and the source is not a beeb source
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but I am working away this weekend - and the source is not a beeb source

So how do they know the voting figures then...?
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    So how do they know the voting figures then...?

you don't have to be a beeb employee to know the voting figures
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you don't have to be a beeb employee to know the voting figures

Indeed - but there must be a chain of command in some way. The original source would have to be at the Beeb. That's logic.

T
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed - but there must be a chain of command in some way. The original source would have to be at the Beeb. That's logic.

T

I would have thought the phone company would know ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought the phone company would know ?

Good point.. But still. Some things aren't adding up much.

Would the Beeb hire a private phone vote company without covering their arses?

Salsameg gave info different to FG that made infinitely more sense. Healthy scepticism. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

New to the forums but after a little read through I think I'll be staying!

I've managed to bag tickets for the semi finals, disappointingly for Friday not Saturday but I will enjoy it as it's my first time!

I've been reading everyone's advice on getting to the studios for 12ish with doors opening at 3.30. On Friday, the doors aren't opening until half 5... What would you do if you were me, I'm only travelling about 30 miles so I'm pretty flexible, just don't want to get there too early/late - and if I'm honest I don't want to end up behind the judges really, I'd like to be able to see the dances!!!
    Forum Member
    Ames573 wrote: »
    Hi guys

New to the forums but after a little read through I think I'll be staying!

I've managed to bag tickets for the semi finals, disappointingly for Friday not Saturday but I will enjoy it as it's my first time!

I've been reading everyone's advice on getting to the studios for 12ish with doors opening at 3.30. On Friday, the doors aren't opening until half 5... What would you do if you were me, I'm only travelling about 30 miles so I'm pretty flexible, just don't want to get there too early/late - and if I'm honest I don't want to end up behind the judges really, I'd like to be able to see the dances!!!

I have seen postings saying ground floor seats are at a premium and upstairs for the plebs, but that in practice upstairs gave the better view and that upstairs seats are allocated last. Presumably you could elect to sit upstairs when your turn in the entrance queue arrives.
  • ormsterormster Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Will they only open the voting lines on Saturday as usual or do we have extra on Friday?
    Forum Member
    ormster wrote: »
    Will they only open the voting lines on Saturday as usual or do we have extra on Friday?

No phone voting on Friday night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/2010/12/diary-reminder---strictly-sche.shtml
    SEMI-FINAL WEEKEND

This year, Strictly Come Dancing's Semi-Finals will take place over a scintillating THREE nights. The thrills kick off this Friday night at 9pm on BBC One with our first LIVE semi-final show. Firstly, all of our five remaining couples will perform a dance as per normal, and will be marked in the usual way by the judges.

Then, all five couples will take to the floor at the same time to perform in a group "Swing-a-Thon".

During the Swing-A-Thon dance, the judges will confer and Head Judge Len Goodman will eliminate one couple at a time. If the judges cannot agree the order the couples are eliminated then Head Judge Len will have the final say. When a couple is eliminated they will leave the floor but the remaining couples will keep dancing until only one couple is left.

The first to be eliminated will score 1, the second couple eliminated will score 2, the third couple 3, and the fourth couple eliminated score 4. The last couple still dancing will receive the maximum score of 5. These scores will be added to that night's leader board and carried over to the next night.

We all return to the dancefloor for a second LIVE night of dancing on Saturday 11th Dec, from 6pm to 7pm. Each couple will then perform a THIRD dance and be marked by the judges. All three judges' scores will be added together to produce a final leaderboard - after which, phone lines will open and YOU will be able to vote for your favourite couples.

The results of that public vote will be revealed in our Results Show on Sunday night at 7pm (NOTE the slightly EARLIER time than usual!) - a very special show that will also feature a performance by Take That! Sadly, at the end of the Results Show, we'll say farewell to TWO COUPLES, leaving THREE couples to compete in the Grand Final.

THE GRAND FINAL

After months of hard work and training, our three surviving couples will come together to perform for the prestigious Glitterball Trophy in the Grand Final of Strictly Come Dancing 2010 on Saturday 18th December. There will be two LIVE shows on Saturday 18th - first from 7pm to 8pm, and then later in the evening from 9.05pm to 10.05pm, when the eventual champions will be revealed.