Options

Civil ceremony for Corrie

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
According to the Sun, gay Corrie producer PC, obsessed with promoting gay issues in Corrie, is going to have Sean and Marcus get married.

PC seems to think Sean is a character everyone loves - but he's probably biased when he says that! And he sees him as one of Corrie's main characters in 2011. God Forbid!

As if having Toxic back isn't bad enough, the other appalling 'actor' in Corrie is gonna be more centre stage again. I can't stand Sean, never could.

Corrie looks more unappealing by the day!

Comments

• Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I think Antony Cotton has improved a lot recently and I don't think you can really slate a story after reading a very brief summary from the Sun. Best to view the build up and watch it in context.

And how is PC OBSESSED with promoting gay issues in Corrie?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "gay marriage" storyline itself will be great, but it's a shame that he's chosen one of the soap world's worst actors for it. Can't take much more of Sean Tully.
  • Options
    Roy's KeenRoy's Keen Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how is PC OBSESSED with promoting gay issues in Corrie?

Per chance he 'bats for the other side'?
  • Options
    Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    What's the betting Marcus then has an affair with Ken's son! ;)
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    According to the Sun, gay Corrie producer PC, obsessed with promoting gay issues in Corrie, is going to have Sean and Marcus get married

Whereas all the other producers are "obsessed" with promoting straight issues, I take it? :confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Roy's KeenRoy's Keen Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »
    What's the betting Marcus then has an affair with Ken's son! ;)

Or perhaps hops into bed with Kevin Webster's new 'tash?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Thats just awful news, I'm stressed now.
  • Options
    Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Roy's Keen wrote: »
    Or perhaps hops into bed with Kevin Webster's new 'tash?

lol:D:D
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think it's unfair to accuse Phil Collinson of using Corrie as a platform to promote gay issues. Other than Sophie and Sian, I can't think of another gay issue story this year.
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I think it's unfair to accuse Phil Collinson of using Corrie as a platform to promote gay issues. Other than Sophie and Sian, I can't think of another gay issue story this year.

And even if he was, where's the problem? Homosexuality is neither unrealistic or illegal or wrong or immoral. If you can show a man and a woman kissing, why not two men or two women? This is the 21st Century, is it not?

(Not aimed at you ravensborough, just a general point)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Per chance he 'bats for the other side'?

Not all gay people are OBSESSED with gay issues. Obsessed is a strong word.
    . Other than Sophie and Sian, I can't think of another gay issue story this year.

And let's not forget that Sophie and Sian was Kim Crowther's baby.
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    If anything Sophie and Sian should get hitched, so they could finally sleep together :p;)
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manchester has a huge gay population, Sean represents a part of that, yeah, he acts camp...so what? I think the character is funny
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said he was 'obsessed'. Only time will tell if this great programme's sponsors will revert from furniture suppliers to a firm of fudge packers.

What a vile comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Manchester has a huge gay population, Sean represents a part of that, yeah, he acts camp...so what? I think the character is funny

People call him a stereotype. But the stereotype wouldn't exist if there weren't gay people like Sean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People call him a stereotype. But the stereotype wouldn't exist if there weren't gay people like Sean.

Exactly, it' not as if Corrie shows all gay people the same way either, Marcus, Todd, Karl and James all acted normally
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My problem with Sean is not the fact he's a stereotype but more the fact that AC can't act and by all account's is not a very nice person. Total panto ham. Like Kate Ford aka Tracy Barlow. I actually think Sean is worse but the one advantage Sean has over TB is that the producers use him less so it's not as annoying. However, it looks like this storyline may change that. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he as bad of an actor as some people make out
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but you sound slightly prejudiced in your post.

Suggesting that gay storylines are a bad thing (if so, are straight ones also? :rolleyes:) and that PC is biased because Sean is gay?

Right...
  • Options
    c120701c120701 Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Roy and Hayley are the show's first civil partnership.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont actually mind Sean Tully or Anthony Cotton. I thought he was great during Tram Week. I also quite find him funny at times as well.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    I'm happy to see Marcus coming back I liked him in his last stint.:)
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c120701 wrote: »
    Surely Roy and Hayley are the show's first civil partnership.

Nope. Their first wedding was merely a blessing. This year's ceremony was a 100% legal marriage because Hayley's sex has been recertified following a change in the law in 2004
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only funny thing about RK's ugly homophobia is the knowledge that most homophobes are repressed homosexuals.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't expect an invite to next year's Poet Laureate ceremony.

Don't expect an invite to anywhere that welcomes fair minded, compassionate humanity.