Options

Man U to be invincible this season

DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says, xmas gone and still unbeaten, surprised I am the firs to mention it

But can they really do it

Comments

• Options
    Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't of concern really. Winning the league is all that matters. I'm still peeved that so much fuss was made over Arsenal's 'invincible' season. Too much I think. Almost to the detriment that retrospectively the achievement seemingly takes precedent over winning the league.

I can't accept that and if in years to come, should we remain unbeaten this season and regain the league title, it'd annoy me if people looked back and said "Remember that season United were unbeaten for the whole campaign?"

No. Remember that time United won the title.

Remaining unbeaten is no more or no less important than best goal difference, best defensive record, most clean sheets or most assists.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    .....No. No not really.

At this rate there is no way we don't lose away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....No. No not really.

At this rate there is no way we don't lose away.

What 'rate' is that?
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    What 'rate' is that?

Arsenal, Chelsea, or Spurs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly. It won't be much consolation if they blow the league because they've drawn nearly all their away games though I guess.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We won't be if the refs screw us over without shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we do, guarantee we won't get a bloody gold trophy to commemorate winning the title during an unbeaten season.

They'll probably make a diamond one for Arsenal to commemorate them playing in a season where someone else won the league whilst remaining unbeaten.

...not that I'm bitter....:D
  • Options
    Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    depends on the referees. can't see us losing if we have proper competent refs in charge
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we do, guarantee we won't get a bloody gold trophy to commemorate winning the title during an unbeaten season.

They'll probably make a diamond one for Arsenal to commemorate them playing in a season where someone else won the league whilst remaining unbeaten.

...not that I'm bitter....:D

You remain unbeaten and we'll win the league.

Everybody's happy:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davey84 wrote: »
    depends on the referees. can't see us losing if we have proper competent refs in charge

Did you watch tonights match?

A ref has cost us 2 points.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    We won't be if the refs screw us over without shame.

And you never had decisions go your way ever have you?? Of course not.:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you watch tonights match?

A ref has cost us 2 points.

of course i watched, it was a disgraceful decision. in fact worse than maradona's hand of god and henry's hand of frog
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »

very very rarely in the last 2 seasons anyway, can't think of one this season or last
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course i watched, it was a disgraceful decision. in fact worse than maradona's hand of god and henry's hand of frog

I would like to think this is a joke but having read your other posts....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    I would like to think this is a joke but having read your other posts....

maradona and henry's was just ONE foul with the handball. this one was TWO fouls, clear foul on rio followed by a clear handball....so yes it was worse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »

I assume this will be headline news on MOTD tomorrow night and on the full back page of every paper tomorrow as an outrage, disgrace, ref and FA bias?

I know it would have been if United were the team that equalised in such fashion tonight.

FTR I don't give to craps about losing. . . if we deserve to lose fine.

As long as we don't get ****ed over by a ref.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On that gold trophy...had Arsenal lost their final game, would they have just scrapped it?

I mean, it does seem an odd thing to commission when at any moment there's a good chance it won't be used. Presumably it was made some weeks before?

I don't think the league would be keen to do it for anyone else.

Winning the title three times in a row, or the forth outright win or the fifth, six, seventh is more deserving of an accolade.

United even got nothing for the tenth win of the Premier League trophy. The Premier League opted for absolutely nothing specially commemorative.

I say I'm not bitter but I unashamedly am..:D
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this will be headline news on MOTD tomorrow night and on the full back page of every paper tomorrow as an outrage, disgrace, ref and FA bias?

I know it would have been if United were the team that equalised in such fashion tonight.

FTR I don't give to craps about losing. . . if we deserve to lose fine.

As long as we don't get ****ed over by a ref.

Oh dear, that's the sort of nonsense that belongs on a talksport phone in. Your team have done very well
    On decisions over the years, your manager has made sure. Forgive me if I don't cry a river over this one. One other thing your club gets favourable coverage in the media so I'm sure Likes of The Sun will take this result badly.
  • Options
    JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm a United supporter, but what you have just said is arrogance. I just hate the partisan view football fans have of their own teams and unable to see reality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    You mean a ref got a decision wrong tonight? :eek:

Blimey. Has that ever happened before?

Come on guys, you can moan about it but ref decisions have cost every supporter of all different teams on here, it's really not a conspiracy to stop Man Utd going unbeaten, really.

Happens every week and will continue to. Martin Atkinson had a mare in the Villa/Spurs game I thought and he's meant to be one of the best.

Howard Webb is supposed to be our best and the amount of mistakes he makes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its no conspiracy, its just a bad advertisement for football. Why can't we have video replays and all other sports have it? Is football so inferior to the other sports?

you don't get anyone getting robbed in say tennis. why? cos of video replays
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    its no conspiracy, its just a bad advertisement for football. Why can't we have video replays and all other sports have it? Is football so inferior to the other sports?

That's deserving of a whole new thread.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its no conspiracy, its just a bad advertisement for football. Why can't we have video replays and all other sports have it? Is football so inferior to the other sports?s

Please write to:

Sepp Blatter
    FIFA
    Switzerland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Please write to:

Sepp Blatter
    FIFA
    Switzerland

maybe he can pass away before i need to write a letter
  • Options
    JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tennis umpires don't make bad decisions then?

Use of technology in tennis is very suited to that particular sport. I would hate for every decision to take a few seconds so it can be analysed by the people viewing the video. Even then because of the game itself and angles it can still be a case that what is seen is inconclusive. How many times have we seen pundits (ex pros) debate something with each other over a video replay and two guys have two totally different opinions.