New story producer at EastEnders

2»

Comments

• Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    "Staff seem to be dropping like flies" - You don't know this? Lorraine might have decided they aren't the right people to be on the team, others might have had trial periods and Lorraine didn't like this, or there work ect ect.

They are dropping like flies though. I've never known so many changes under one Executive Producer. Is it a good thing? Possibly, especially if those concerned are not doing well in their positions. However, I'm guessing it doesn't do much for production continuity.

All the key positions within the show have changed several times within a year or so.
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd bump this thread as a lot of things have changed since this was last posted on: Lorraine Newman has left, DTC has arrived but we still don't know who the new series producer is (replacing Ceri Meyrick).
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that a lot of people noticed DTC's absence long before he took the top job. I don't think series producer is vital to the storyline output of Eastenders in the same way it is to other soaps. From what I've read it's a less creative role and more the 'business' end of the production.