Helen Flanagan - Me me me!

Comments

• DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you need to learn Dave. ;)

I'm just interested, but how old are you and how do you think you'd manage if you left home and lived on your own?

:confused:

I'm 46. I suppose if I did leave home and lived on my own I'd just have to manage - mostly, people manage to cope with things if they have to. I enviage rather me continuing to stay with my parents, but perhaps taking on housework later if my parents become less able. Eventually, of course, they won't be around. However, as I say, I think I'll cope with things when the time comes that I have to.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    She is just horrible and has absolutely no redeeming qualities and nothing to offer except a big pair of tits :rolleyes:

More like spaniels ears, given her appearance in IACGMOOH
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 46. I suppose if I did leave home and lived on my own I'd just have to manage - mostly, people manage to cope with things if they have to. I enviage rather me continuing to stay with my parents, but perhaps taking on housework later if my parents become less able. Eventually, of course, they won't be around. However, as I say, I think I'll cope with things when the time comes that I have to.

Surely you at least know how to boil an egg? I was about eight when I learned how to do that. I still live with family and I do most of the washing and ironing and my brother who also lives at home is a better cook than my mum! (Not being mean, she'll tell you herself that he's better than she is).

Living at home is no excuse for not learning essential life skills. I wouldn't dream of expecting my mum to do everything for me and she wouldn't do it either. When your parents do everything for you then you have no incentive to ever leave. I already have itchy feet to move out but can't afford it at the moment.

No one should have to teach you this stuff. Cleaning is not hard, operating a washing machine is not hard, even cooking isn't that difficult really. My mum has bad arthritis already struggles to stand for long periods, so we help her. That is how it should be when your living under their roof ;)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence, but I find it pretty shocking that you've got to 46 and don't know how to cook and clean etc. Surely you know how to boil an egg? I was about eight when I learned how to do that. I still live with family and I do most of the washing and ironing and my brother who also lives at home is a better cook than my mum! (Not being mean, she'll tell you herself that he's better than she is).

Living at home is no excuse for not learning essential life skills. I wouldn't dream of expecting my mum to do everything for me and she wouldn't do it either. When your parents do everything for you then you have no incentive to ever leave. I already have itchy feet to move out but can't afford it at the moment.

No one should have to teach you this stuff. Cleaning is not hard, operating a washing machine is not hard, even cooking isn't that difficult really.

BiB - Me too! :eek:

TBH I think it's pretty appalling that someone's reached that age and can't do the basics like whipping a duster round the place or boiling an egg. At 46, Dave's parents can't exactly be in the first flush of youth either and they won't be around forever.

Come on Dave - it's never too late to start. Help your parents, remember what they've done for you and you can repay them with doing some housework, washing etc, or making them a nice meal. You'll surprise them, and yourself ;)
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiB - Me too! :eek:

TBH I think it's pretty appalling that someone's reached that age and can't do the basics like whipping a duster round the place or boiling an egg. At 46, Dave's parents can't exactly be in the first flush of youth either and they won't be around forever.

Come on Dave - it's never too late to start. Help your parents, remember what they've done for you and you can repay them with doing some housework, washing etc, or making them a nice meal. ;)

I'm glad you've said this Sally. I've actually edited it from my post now because I felt I was being a little harsh, but no, your right, it is appalling.

There should be no perhaps about it Dave. Your parents are not getting any younger and you should be helping them now!

Cleaning is the most stupidly easy thing ever. How hard is it to spray a bit if furniture polish and whip a Hoover around?

Thinking about it I was doing the washing up from a young age as well. We have a dishwasher now, but back then we didn't. I could make myself a bacon sandwich at a similar age, wack a pizza in the oven as well. No one asked me to do it either, I offered!
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Hmm I had a a dream last night I had a pair of those Louboutin 'Seann Girl' thigh-high boots she's taken to wearing. And if I recall correctly most of the dream was spend worrying that I looked like Helen Flanagan. :D
    I used to love those boots and she has really ruined them for me. :(
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was ambivalent towards her until she started moaning about living in Swansea and how boring she found it then suddenly Scott Sinclair was moving to Man City a few days after her tweets. I wouldn't be surprised if he does dump her soon to be honest, if she did play a huge role in him leaving here he probably resents her for it as he is barely getting a game now and no one is talking him up like they were last season. I know, I know! Childish reason to kind of dislike her but Swansea isn't exactly a place with nothing to do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely you at least know how to boil an egg? I was about eight when I learned how to do that. I still live with family and I do most of the washing and ironing and my brother who also lives at home is a better cook than my mum! (Not being mean, she'll tell you herself that he's better than she is).

No one should have to teach you this stuff. Cleaning is not hard, operating a washing machine is not hard, even cooking isn't that difficult really. My mum has bad arthritis already struggles to stand for long periods, so we help her. That is how it should be when your living under their roof ;)

I don't want to get in to making excuses for myself here; the thread is, after all, not about me; I just brought my own situation in to explain why I might be a bit biased in feeling that the way Helen was raised was not necessarily so bad, and that what seems "not normal" to some can seem very normal to others.

However, I will point out that both my parents are still fit and capable, especially my mum, and that I do do some things - washing the dishes, for instance, is my job. If their health deterioriates, I certainly will do more.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to get in to making excuses for myself here; the thread is, after all, not about me; I just brought my own situation in to explain why I might be a bit biased in feeling that the way Helen was raised was not necessarily so bad, and that what seems "not normal" to some can seem very normal to others.

However, I will point out that both my parents are still fit and capable, especially my mum, and that I do do some things - washing the dishes, for instance, is my job. If their health deterioriates, I certainly will do more.

Oh dear, you are 46 and live with your parents but, as you said in your previous thread, you do very little housework? You should be doing it all!!! I am guessing that your parents are now retired and, if not elderly, are at least pensionable age. They've earned the right to slow down and relax, and really shouldn't still be cleaning up after their middle aged son.

Have you ever left home? If not, then I feel sorry for your poor mum if she's been running around after you for 46 years!

I make my children do more than you do! My 18 year old and 13 year old each cook dinner for the family once a week, my 17 year old does the dishes every day and puts the rubbish out, my 12 year old cleans the bathroom, and my even my 7 year old cleans the downstairs floor every night with the steam mop. They put you to shame!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Oh dear, you are 46 and live with your parents but, as you said in your previous thread, you do very little housework? You should be doing it all!!! I am guessing that your parents are now retired and, if not elderly, are at least pensionable age. They've earned the right to slow down and relax, and really shouldn't still be cleaning up after their middle aged son.

Have you ever left home? If not, then I feel sorry for your poor mum if she's been running around after you for 46 years!

I make my children do more than you do! My 18 year old and 13 year old each cook dinner for the family once a week, my 17 year old does the dishes every day and puts the rubbish out, my 12 year old cleans the bathroom, and my even my 7 year old cleans the downstairs floor every night with the steam mop. They put you to shame!! :)

Totally agree. :)

My son is 32 and still lives with us at home and even though he has Aspergers, he cleans his room, does the washing up, cooks and helps his dad (retired) in the garden in summer.

Fortunately Mr Salty and I are both still fit and well, but if anything did happen to us at least our son would be able to do things for himself despite his ASD.

Sorry Dave, with respect, by writing what you did, I think you have to accept at least some of the criticism levelled at you. Your parents might be fit and well now, but they might not be in the future. If my son can do things around the house with his ASD, and MadMoo's 7 year old is steaming the floor every night, I think you might start to do more now, rather than when your parents get too decrepit to do things for you. 46 is way too old for being treated like a child, and so is 24 in Helen Flanagan's case.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »

Whatever we may think of Dave's domestic situation, this thread is about Helen Flanagan and not about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever we may think of Dave's domestic situation, this thread is about Helen Flanagan and not about him.

Indeed - though for me, what's been said (and I laid myself open to it) does back up my point about Helen. Because the thing is that me and my parents are perfectly happy with things as they are, regardless of what posters here might think of it. Similiarly, the discussion of Helen's domestic situation and her abilities at housework, or the lack of them, are really no-one's business but hers and her familys, and the fact that they don't follow what other people regard as normal doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them or that Helen and her parents don't find them satisfactory.

What does seem to be causing problems for Helen, however, is the dangerous naivity she has surrounding matters relating to her career. If she seriously wants an acting career, she needs to be far more aware of how to deal with reality television and the tabloid press (don't appear on the former and have as little to do with the latter as possible while remaining courteous is my guess as the best way, but there should be people who know her business that she could take advice from. And definitely no posing in "edgy" photos with guns)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's abandoned her plans to go back to school.
    If indeed she ever had any.....:rolleyes:

And she wants a baaaybeee. Babies having babies. Give me strength.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2270068/Helen-Flanagan-accessorises-lingerie-pair-cat-ears-poses-sexy-new-shoot.html
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed - though for me, what's been said (and I laid myself open to it) does back up my point about Helen. Because the thing is that me and my parents are perfectly happy with things as they are, regardless of what posters here might think of it. Similiarly, the discussion of Helen's domestic situation and her abilities at housework, or the lack of them, are really no-one's business but hers and her familys, and the fact that they don't follow what other people regard as normal doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them or that Helen and her parents don't find them satisfactory.

I think you're really missing the point here. Whether that's because you identify with Helen and see nothing wrong with her wilful helplessness, or you're being deliberately obtuse, I'm not sure? It's not how inept she is that's the issue, it's the way she seems to revel in it and make it such a part of her public persona. There's nothing remotely clever or interesting about being dim-witted and inept. And yet she seems to use it as a primary selling point.

If she had something of substance to compensate for this ineptness she seems to wallow in, then fine, it would show that it's not her sole raison d'être. But she doesn't! Or, if she does, she makes no attempt to reveal the substance behind the dimwit. As it is, all 'Helen Flanagan' conjures up is an inept, navel-gazing idiot who reacts only to criticism of the inept, navel-gazing Helen Flanagan that she goes out of her way to present herself as.
  • Carly287Carly287 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hi,

My name is Carly and I have Aspergers Syndrome. I don't mean to sound mean,but there are varying degrees of Aspergers and therefore one day I hope to move to my own place like everyone else. As I am capabe,I just don't have the funds. Sorry if I sounded bad!
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the baby if she does have one....
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"me and scott both want a baby". she says in New today.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Prepare yourself for 'OMG I left him/her in a Waitrose trolley I am such a ditz!!!'

Such a shame she has no ambition beyond her own need for attention.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member

Unless you are in some way ill, this is a shocking attitude to have. I'm rather horrified, to be perfectly blunt.

As for Helen F, she is so tedious even by z-lister standards. I wonder what "reality" show she'll infiltrate next?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think you're really missing the point here. Whether that's because you identify with Helen and see nothing wrong with her wilful helplessness, or you're being deliberately obtuse, I'm not sure? It's not how inept she is that's the issue, it's the way she seems to revel in it and make it such a part of her public persona. There's nothing remotely clever or interesting about being dim-witted and inept. And yet she seems to use it as a primary selling point.

If she had something of substance to compensate for this ineptness she seems to wallow in, then fine, it would show that it's not her sole raison d'être. But she doesn't! Or, if she does, she makes no attempt to reveal the substance behind the dimwit. As it is, all 'Helen Flanagan' conjures up is an inept, navel-gazing idiot who reacts only to criticism of the inept, navel-gazing Helen Flanagan that she goes out of her way to present herself as.

That may be the issue for you, but it isn't quite the issue that had been raised by jerseyporter, which I responded too thus sidetracking the thread somewhat. That was very much about Helen's upbringing and what her parents had expected of her itself, rather than Helen making it part of her persona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you are in some way ill, this is a shocking attitude to have. I'm rather horrified, to be perfectly blunt.

At the risk of sidetracking the thread again, why do you find it so? I can assure you my parents have no desire to sit about doing nothing. Being retired, they are able to do household tasks at a far more leisurely pace than they used to do. They do get plenty of time to relax - indeed, my dad rather more than he would like; he tends to be bored just sitting about.

Believe me, they'd soon let me know if they weren't happy with how things are.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    At the risk of sidetracking the thread again, why do you find it so? I can assure you my parents have no desire to sit about doing nothing. Being retired, they are able to do household tasks at a far more leisurely pace than they used to do. They do get plenty of time to relax - indeed, my dad rather more than he would like; he tends to be bored just sitting about.

Believe me, they'd soon let me know if they weren't happy with how things are.

Wow. I'd say more but it might get me banned.

Anyway, you're right, the thread IS about HF after all. Like I said, I wonder what her next gig will be? Hopefully she will fade into obscurity sooner rather than later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Prepare yourself for 'OMG I left him/her in a Waitrose trolley I am such a ditz!!!'

Such a shame she has no ambition beyond her own need for attention.

LOL, I can hear her saying it lexi!!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'People think that if you do sexy modelling, you're a bimbo'.

Well, in the main you are love. Good observation. :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2271101/Helen-Flanagan-poses-saucy-school-girl-shoot.html
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    'People think that if you do sexy modelling, you're a bimbo'.

Well, in the main you are love. Good observation. :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2271101/Helen-Flanagan-poses-saucy-school-girl-shoot.html
    'I want to do it for myself next year, even if that means finishing my A levels at home and waiting a few years to do a university course.'

Think she may be waiting for more than a few years.....