Options

thoughts on smokers.

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    It could have been better, pathetic was missing although I do like the steering away from cancer sticks to debris dummies :D

That was the bit that made me lol !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't like to be told to pick up their discarded debris....

That's for sure! They become very very aggressive :eek:

and then they need to have another dummy :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MEW TOWN wrote: »

You must travel a lot if you've spoken to every smoker in the country. Are you a salesman?
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you a litter warden?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very confrontational citizen in real life!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, good luck with that! I can see why some people might get aggressive if you're marching up to them demanding they pick up their litter. Is it only cigarettes or all litter?
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are the weakest link, goodbye.;)
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

How dare you suggest that they drop litter on the floor. They should be allowed to do what they want, where they want, when they want. They are sweetness and light and all things nice. And never would they smoke on public transport, after all its against the law and people especially smokers never break the law, or so some know it alls would have everyone believe .

In fact I worked with a guy who went to the isle of Mann for a while. When he came back he was saying how clean it was ,and said with a straight face "i almost felt guilty at dogging out my cigarette butt on the streets ".

He died about two years ago from pancreatic cancer, which I hear can be caused by smoking, he was 53 years old.
    Case 2:
    There's another guy who worked at my place, he was told by his Dr to stop smoking because of his high blood pressure. He stopped for a few months ,and then I saw him smoking again, so I asked him how comes he started again he said that stopping didn't help his blood pressure. A few months later, 'bam'a heart attack. You never guess what? he's stopped smoking now. He was 55 years old when he had his heart attack

Case 3:
    Another worker age 51 or 52, yet another heart attack. He's finding it difficult to stop I think that he's resorted to talking a puff or two on a cigarette now so, so as to satisfy his craving.

In fact there are others also where I work who look like more likely candidates for a heart attack than the ones I've mentioned.

The foreman where I work looked like the most likely person to have a heart attack. He is about 6 foot 4 tall, but about 25 to 30 stone. He's on blood pressure tablets and tablets for high cholesterol. His Dr has told him to stop smoking, but like a lot of smokers, they know better. His argument is "whenever you've got a medical problem, the Dr says to stop smoking ". He is 55 years old

Another candidate is a 61 year old, when we had our lungs tested, he was told that he has the lungs of a91 year old. He coughs constantly, in fact all of them cough constantly, but he also refuses to give up smoking.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Obviously too confrontational for the mods as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a litter wa.......................?

hmmmm:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    How dare you suggest that they drop litter on the floor. They should be allowed to do what they want, where they want, when they want. They are sweetness and light and all things nice. And never would they smoke on public transport, after all its against the law and people especially smokers never break the law, or so some know it alls would have everyone believe .

In fact I worked with a guy who went to the isle of Mann for a while. When he came back he was saying how clean it was ,and said with a straight face "i almost felt guilty at dogging out my cigarette butt on the streets ".

He died about two years ago from pancreatic cancer, which I hear can be caused by smoking, he was 53 years old.
    Case 2:
    There's another guy who worked at my place, he was told by his Dr to stop smoking because of his high blood pressure. He stopped for a few months ,and then I saw him smoking again, so I asked him how comes he started again he said that stopping didn't help his blood pressure. A few months later, 'bam'a heart attack. You never guess what? he's stopped smoking now. He was 55 years old when he had his heart attack

Case 3:
    Another worker age 51 or 52, yet another heart attack. He's finding it difficult to stop I think that he's resorted to talking a puff or two on a cigarette now so, so as to satisfy his craving.

In fact there are others also where I work who look like more likely candidates for a heart attack than the ones I've mentioned.

The foreman where I work looked like the most likely person to have a heart attack. He is about 6 foot 4 tall, but about 25 to 30 stone. He's on blood pressure tablets and tablets for high cholesterol. His Dr has told him to stop smoking, but like a lot of smokers, they know better. His argument is "whenever you've got a medical problem, the Dr says to stop smoking ". He is 55 years old

Another candidate is a 61 year old, when we had our lungs tested, he was told that he has the lungs of a91 year old. He coughs constantly, in fact all of them cough constantly, but he also refuses to give up smoking.

I worked with a guy who smoked (
    tl:dr most of it.

Most smokers are lovely. Most not-smokers are lovely.

You get arses in both groups. That's life.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Interesting article today on one effect of the smoking ban: emergency admissions for asthma fell 5% for each of the first 3 years of the ban.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130415204909.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily%2Fhealth_medicine%2Fasthma+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Health+%26+Medicine+News+--+Asthma%29

(posted this earlier but disappeared- is the site having problems today?!?)
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a considerate smoker, I used to roll in dog sh!t to mask the smell.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Case 2:

Case 3:

Oh do get over yourself with your extreme examples. Honestly if there is an island where you can live all alone in your bliss without ever having to worry about smokers then I would suggest you buy this ticket immediately and settle there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In outdoor spaces I think about the same as them as I do those who bathe themselves in the latest chemical warfare from one of the perfume houses. I don't want to stink of their cheap scents either. However, if I have any real concern, it is for the traffic pollution and dangerous drivers of prams and baby buggies who clearly have had no lessons far less pass a test.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Case 2:

Case 3:

As much as I like your unbiased examples, my brother died of a heart attack at 43 - he smoked. Before you start, my sister died of a heart attack at 44 - she didn't. My aunt is 86 and has smoked since she was 12 and is in perfect health apart from the usual creaks and groans of old age. There are no hard and fast rules regarding anything, including smoking. In some people it causes ill health and death and in some it doesn't. As for the guy who is 25 to 30 stone (I take it you haven't got round to weighing him yet) I'd say his weight is a major issue with regard to his health problems too.

I've just noticed all of these people work with you, did their smoking increase when you started?
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    tl:dr most of it.

Most smokers are lovely. Most not-smokers are lovely.

You get arses in both groups. That's life.
    This, some of the nicest people I know are smokers and non smokers alike
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed all of these people work with you, did their smoking increase when you started?

They are probably continuing just to wind him up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    They are probably continuing just to wind him up :D

Or hoping to finish themselves off quicker...suicide by smoking and over eating :D
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Smoking is bad. We get it. Smokers are evil. Mmmkay?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Goodness, you have a lot of litter louts there. Don't see much litter where I live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of smokers are not able to give up before serious damage occurs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    A lot of smokers are not able to give up before serious damage occurs.

Goodness me, is that right? This thread is so informative.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see it's the self righteous one who resurrected this worn out thread, instigated by an OP who made one ludicrous post to stir up the shit.........then promptly disappeared which says it all really. :rolleyes:

Here for you is YOUR Bible. Now go and 'bash it' somewhere else.