***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 2) ***

SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
Administrator
x_hayes_x wrote: »
Anyone know if Christina is going to do a 'Bionic' UK Tour at all??? :confused:
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1233934

Comments

• x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
      Forum Member
      As this thread has now been continued into a new thread...if anyone could answer my question above I would really appreciate it, thanx! :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Her tour has been postponed and I don't think there has been any details since, sorry. She said it was cancelled due to "fans not knowing the new material" but it was more due to the fact the album flopped so badly. I would love to see a tour soon however, id definitely go.
      Forum Member
      James__B wrote: »
      Her tour has been postponed and I don't think there has been any details since, sorry. She said it was cancelled due to "fans not knowing the new material" but it was more due to the fact the album flopped so badly. I would love to see a tour soon however, id definitely go.

Me too, I would love to see her live as I've never had a chance to! :cry:
    • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Me too, I would love to see her live as I've never had a chance to! :cry:

I saw her on both her Stripped (2003) and Back to Basics (2006) tours and both were phenomenal.

I hope she does a tour incorporating songs from both Bionic and Burlesque :)
      Forum Member
      I saw her on both her Stripped (2003) and Back to Basics (2006) tours and both were phenomenal.

I hope she does a tour incorporating songs from both Bionic and Burlesque :)

Lucky you lol! Is she as amazing live as GaGa is or are you not a GaGa fan??? :confused:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Lucky you lol! Is she as amazing live as GaGa is or are you not a GaGa fan??? :confused:

I like Gaga, but never seen her on tour so can't draw a comparison :)
      Forum Member

Ok that's fine lol I would like to here from someone that has seen both to compare though??? :)
    • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Guys just to remind you that 'YLM' is out to officially download for the singles chart now (finally). Here is the amazon EP of it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Lost-Me/dp/B0044T1VRY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1287305505&sr=8-6

& iTunes link (which has a great 'NMT' remix and includes the 'YLM' video all for £1.99!!).

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/you-lost-me-ep/id385976385

:)
    • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
      Forum Member

Same but from videos i have seen, Gaga seems to be all about the presentation. Where as Xtina is all about her vocals and is at times, rather intimate.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Lmao guys, I don't normally post anything like this (especially as I love Xtina) but you have to read this...

http://twitter.com/floptina

I nearly read all of the posts, it's hilarious. I shouldn't laugh but I did... a few times :(
    • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
      Forum Member
      James__B wrote: »
      She said it was cancelled due to "fans not knowing the new material".

She basically said (in kinder words) that the album flopped. I'd love for Bionic to get a new lease (sp) of life.

:(
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      mimicole wrote: »
      She basically said (in kinder words) that the album flopped. I'd love for Bionic to get a new lease (sp) of life.

:(

Bionic has SO much potential i mean i am almost always playing it! i just wish she'd have promoted it so much more and be on her 4th single by now lol.

Glam, Monday Morning, I Am and Woohoo would have been huge singles with more airplay (and i imagine how they would be performed live!)

Also Stronger Than Ever, ELastic Love and Lift Me Up are favourites.

If she does tour i would love her to do like Madonna did with her Blonde Ambition tour and have Like A Prayer as the studio album promoted but have a segment inspired by her current film (her DIck Tracy soundtrack) and also some HUGE hits (and maybe a few others too!)

The Bionic Tour should go ahead, I mean with everything going on it's a bit of a rut at the moment, but i think it's sold around half a million globally anyway, The X Factor would be a huge saviour with nearly 20million viewers watching, and with Burlesque out her music will gain that attention again.

Remember Beyonce's I Am album scored a debut at #10 and after her performance on X Factor she re-entered at #2 that December in '08.

Bionic can still be saved yet! I muchly hope!
    • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
      Forum Member
      Maybe if the burlesque album is a success, she can join both albums together and tour. The Bionic Burlesque Tour?

Just an idea
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      musicdude wrote: »
      Maybe if the burlesque album is a success, she can join both albums together and tour. The Bionic Burlesque Tour?

Just an idea

I think this woud be a good idea.

Many of the Bionic songs wouldn't suit a live performance due to the synths etc, so a mix of songs would make for a great tour I think.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
      Forum Member
      I don't think there's much chance of a Bionic tour.

The fanbase isn't strong enough to sustain a tour and the casual fans are non existent after the album flopped.

It's a shame because there are some songs from it that would be great live. I can imagine Bionic being remixes into a great opener.

She could do a very select mini tour, but I think her best bet would be to hold off until her next album. If she retains a similar sound, she can incorporate the best of Bionic.
    • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
      Forum Member
      I think she needs to forget all about Bionic now. The moment has gone. She should focus on the film then get an album out late next year, even if its only 12 songs. She cannot take a big break before returning after Bionic bombed or else she will cause serious harm to her career.

Maybe she should end her fued with Scott and get him to write her some new material. Her best work came from him.
      Forum Member
      I'm gutted that there may not be a tour. I've been a Christina fan since the beginning but I've have never had the chance to see her live. In all honestly, I don't have a copy of 'Bionic' yet but that's only because I can't afford it at the moment but I'm going to ask for it for Christmas. I really want the Fan Edition. Anyone on here have it & is it good??? :confused: I can't wait for 'Burlesque' to be released in cinemas & will be going to my local cinema to see it hopefully! I hope that 'You Lost Me' does well in the charts this week! *Fingers crossed!* Lol! :D
    • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Pop_Art wrote: »
      I think she needs to forget all about Bionic now. The moment has gone. She should focus on the film then get an album out late next year, even if its only 12 songs. She cannot take a big break before returning after Bionic bombed or else she will cause serious harm to her career.

Maybe she should end her fued with Scott and get him to write her some new material. Her best work came from him.

She has said her US tour will still go ahead next year as planned. Hopefully she will tour here as well. I would love to see her live.
    • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      molybecks wrote: »
      Guys just to remind you that 'YLM' is out to officially download for the singles chart now (finally). Here is the amazon EP of it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Lost-Me/dp/B0044T1VRY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1287305505&sr=8-6

& iTunes link (which has a great 'NMT' remix and includes the 'YLM' video all for £1.99!!).

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/you-lost-me-ep/id385976385

:)

Thanks. I was wondering if there would be any extras with the single. I'm gonna download it on my iphone.:)
      Forum Member
      She has said her US tour will still go ahead next year as planned. Hopefully she will tour here as well. I would love to see her live.

Me too, let's hope so! :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I really hope she comes to the UK for her tour! i hope it still goes ahead, there's some really fantastic songs i want to see her do live for a tour.

Bionic for a HUGE intro song! Glam and Prima Donna i can imagine being huge stompers with huge sets and choreography too! they're HUGE powerhouses!

I Am could have a very lovely set piece too and be a powerful rendition and i would love it if she was intimate with the audience with this song :) and You Lost Me!!

Desnudate and Elastic Love would make good interludes too! would love it if Monday Morning and Stronger Than Ever were live too! but because they're on the second disc may be unlikely :(

and of course Beautiful, Dirrty, Fighter,Genie In A Bottle, Hurt would be amazing live and maybe reworked slightly to suit the vibe of the show.

After seeing her live on You Tube i really NEED to see her! alongisde Madonna and Britney she is someone who i NEED to see live! as her concerts always look so intricate and her voice and image....need i say more?

I hope she creates a Bionic tour and performs here in the UK :)
      Forum Member
      I really hope she comes to the UK for her tour! i hope it still goes ahead, there's some really fantastic songs i want to see her do live for a tour.

Bionic for a HUGE intro song! Glam and Prima Donna i can imagine being huge stompers with huge sets and choreography too! they're HUGE powerhouses!

I Am could have a very lovely set piece too and be a powerful rendition and i would love it if she was intimate with the audience with this song :) and You Lost Me!!

Desnudate and Elastic Love would make good interludes too! would love it if Monday Morning and Stronger Than Ever were live too! but because they're on the second disc may be unlikely :(

and of course Beautiful, Dirrty, Fighter,Genie In A Bottle, Hurt would be amazing live and maybe reworked slightly to suit the vibe of the show.

After seeing her live on You Tube i really NEED to see her! alongisde Madonna and Britney she is someone who i NEED to see live! as her concerts always look so intricate and her voice and image....need i say more?

I hope she creates a Bionic tour and performs here in the UK :)

Me too! If she does do a UK tour, do you think that she will announce the tour before the end of 2010 or will announce the dates in the new year??? :confused:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      'Lift me up' & 'Prima Donna' <3
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Me too! If she does do a UK tour, do you think that she will announce the tour before the end of 2010 or will announce the dates in the new year??? :confused:

i hope she announces dates when she performs on The X factor this year :) and also hoping she performs a new single or a song from the album not performed live yet :)

I mean just imagine it! either an uptempo song (Prima Donna live would be feirce! Glam would too!) or I Am which is just on such a huge scale, or maybe the remix of You Lost Me, get it to #1! and make the album return to the top 10 or something!

but i hope more is confirmed! :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      molybecks wrote: »
      'Lift me up' & 'Prima Donna' <3

^^^ LOVE! Lift Me Up is pretty underrated, i love the 80's synth balladry style!
    This discussion has been closed.