Options

The Adele Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
I hope she beats that record! How old is Delta Goodrem? I thought she was dating a Jonas Bro? Her album set that mark in 2003. That's almost ten years ago. Was she like 12 when she did it?! Thanks to Wiki, she is 27. Cougar! She's 8 years older than Jo bro. Which is almost half of his life. :confused:
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1512829

Comments

• Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
      Forum Member
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
      Forum Member
      I didn't realise that album was so long ago! I remember listening to it in the car on the way to school, quite a good album if memory serves!

I'm sure that she will beat it, even if for whatever reason she doesn't get that one more week in the next few if she does perform at the Olympics she'll grab at least the one!
    • Options
      BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
      Forum Member
      Ah congrats on part 3! I would like to see a more nasty Adele, I like that side to her
    • Options
      shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      transer wrote: »

If flipping the bird makes you a bad girl, where does that put the rest of them?! And who is good? TS? She sleeps with famous dudes way older and then writes about it (naming them in the title!). Celebrities should never be role models. Epic fail every time.
    • Options
      casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,940
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Part 3 :D:D:D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
      Forum Member
      Personally, I think Adele was justified for what she did at the Brits. Good for her!
    • Options
      BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
      Forum Member
      JB86 wrote: »
      Personally, I think Adele was justified for what she did at the Brits. Good for her!

Yeah I completely agree
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      HDD - 36.20% in

#1 - 21 (154,687)
      #2 - Whitney (104,964)

#5 - 19 (12,964)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      NPR discussion with Dan Wilson: The Ballad Of The Tearful: Why Some Songs Make You Cry

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=146818461&m=146821646
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Anybody know where this recent photo of Adele is from?! She is stunning.
      https://twitter.com/#!/rollinginadele/status/174288387329626113/photo/1
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      NPR discussion with Dan Wilson: The Ballad Of The Tearful: Why Some Songs Make You Cry

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=146818461&m=146821646

Thanks for that! And it is more sad on that note. I swear! :o
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Official Charts Company can today reveal that sales of Adele’s 21 have overtaken those of Michael Jackson’s Bad in the UK.

Adele’s second album, 21, smashed the 4 million sales barrier after her BRITs performance last week and went on to bag the Number 1 spot on the Official Albums Chart for its 21st non-consecutive week at the summit. It has now sold nearly 61,000 more copies than The King Of Pop’s classic 1987 album, Bad.

Released on January 24, 2011, 21 has spent 57 weeks on the Official Albums Chart and has never left the Top 10. In just over a year it has sold over 4,020,000 copies, making it not only the biggest selling album of the 21st Century, but also the eighth biggest selling album of all time. If 21’s post-BRITs momentum continues, in the next few weeks it could also eclipse sales of Pink Floyd’s 1973 album Dark Side Of the Moon (7) and Dire Straits’ 1985 album, Brothers In Arms (6).

“This is another incredible achievement to cap a year of incredible achievements for Adele,” comments the Official Charts Company’s managing director Martin Talbot. “By overtaking Bad, 21 has truly, officially cemented Adele’s place among the all-time greats. Who would bet against her improving further on that achievement, by taking steps towards the all-time Top 5?”

The Official Charts’ Top 10 biggest selling albums of all time are as follows:

01 GREATEST HITS – QUEEN (5,863,000)
      02 SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND – THE BEATLES (5,044,000)
      03 GOLD: GREATEST HITS – ABBA (4,989,000)
      04 WHAT'S THE STORY MORNING GLORY – OASIS (4,517,000)
      05 THRILLER - MICHAEL JACKSON (4,248,000)
      06 BROTHERS IN ARMS - DIRE STRAITS (4,152,000)
      07 THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD (4,114,000)
      08 21 – ADELE (4,020,000)
      09 BAD - MICHAEL JACKSON (3,959,000)
      10 GREATEST HITS II – QUEEN (3,887,000)

© 2012 THE OFFICIAL CHARTS COMPANY.

21 is actually 6 overall for studio albums! Just gonna point that out. And it's going to be monumental when she passes Thriller. Speaking as an American, that is freaking awesome!
    • Options
      my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

21 is actually 6 overall for studio albums! Just gonna point that out. And it's going to be monumental when she passes Thriller. Speaking as an American, that is freaking awesome!

that will be a great day:p

top 5 is easily on the cards by the middle of the year....isn't it?:o
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      For those interested Adele's first ever radio interview and a live version of Hometown Glory was repeated yesterday on 6 Music.

It 's about 1hour 40 in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cmklq#segments
    • Options
      HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thanks for that

Heres the list with dates. lol. look at the dates of the other albums, and then 21....astonishing!.
      Overtake Oasis by year end?

1 1981 Greatest Hits Queen 5,863,000
      2 1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band The Beatles 5,044,000
      3 1992 ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits ABBA 4,989,000
      4 1995 (What's the Story) Morning Glory? Oasis 4,517,000
      5 1982 Thriller Michael Jackson 4,248,000
      6 1985 Brothers in Arms Dire Straits 4,152,000
      7 1973 The Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd 4,114,000
      8 2011 21 Adele 4,020,000
      9 1987 Bad Michael Jackson 3,959,000
      10 1991 Greatest Hits II Queen 3,887,000

wiki have already updated the 'best selling UK albums' page. :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      harveybest wrote: »
      For those interested Adele's first ever radio interview and a live version of Hometown Glory was repeated yesterday on 6 Music.

It 's about 1hour 40 in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cmklq#segments

Thanks for that! Wonder what the price of the arena tour will be?! A lot more than 6 pounds or whatever that first tour went for. And Hometown Glory is my all time favorite Adele song. It was the first song I heard, from a video online in 2007. I heart her! :) Just to clarify, in case there was a question on that!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The first and only time I saw her was in May of that year, in a room with possibly 100 other people.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      harveybest wrote: »
      The first and only time I saw her was in May of that year, in a room with possibly 100 other people.

Good times, back in the day! The Roxy is tiny also. You should see her again. The confidence level is through the roof. I've seen her six times and it just gets better every time. I'm not concerned about arena tours because I saw her with 19000 people at the Hollywood Bowl and she was still incredible, especially with the LA Philharmonic backing her. Just hope she is still planning on touring this year. :)
    • Options
      HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Who is 'Euromillion's on ukmix?. Pm me (or not) if you want to stay secret :)
      Thanks for the credit..but I just copied and pasted from Wiki, who have updated the list with dates. :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hotelier wrote: »
      Who is 'Euromillion's on ukmix?. Pm me (or not) if you want to stay secret :)
      Thanks for the credit..but I just copied and pasted from Wiki, who have updated the list with dates. :)

I know who it is! Doesn't post much here anymore. :(
      He's moved on, the little ****!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
      Forum Member
      Was just having a look at one of the other threads about how people do or do not own '21'. The amount of people that moan or complain about her over exposure or how successful she is. They people need to get a grip.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      HDD Sales Figures:

#1 - 21 (291,675 - a 59% decrease)
      #2 - Whitney (169,095)

#7 - 19 (38,456 - a 55% decrease)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      JB86 wrote: »
      Was just having a look at one of the other threads about how people do or do not own '21'. The amount of people that moan or complain about her over exposure or how successful she is. They people need to get a grip.

Yeah. It can get brutal outside the appreciation thread. Just really bitter about her success over their favs.
      Sad, really. If you don't like her, don't listen. Simple.
      People like to build their stars up and pull them down.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      HDD

XL/Columbia’s Grammy-winning phenom Adele is #1 for the 22nd time in a little more than a year since the album’s release, chalking up another 292k to bring her remarkable total over 7.6 million, 1.8 million of them since Jan. 1. Our crack retail staff predicts the album will go over the 3 million mark for the year by Memorial Day. Her debut album, 19, is now at #7.

I think Memorial Day in the US is May 28
      Predicting over 3 million by May 28 for 2012?! That is incredible. You know why? Because if that happens then 21 will have sold almost 9 million in the US before summer starts! OMFG! Diamond is ten million. Wow. Just wow.

And two years in a row at number 1 on both the worldwide chart and the US chart is looking better and better. As pointed out, only Thriller has done it in the states and no one has done it worldwide before! (since Media Traffic started keeping stats). Of course before 21, ten weeks at number 1 was the longest record worldwide! She will have 35 weeks number 1 worldwide on Friday. Geez...
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      HDD

XL/Columbia’s Grammy-winning phenom Adele is #1 for the 22nd time in a little more than a year since the album’s release, chalking up another 292k to bring her remarkable total over 7.6 million, 1.8 million of them since Jan. 1. Our crack retail staff predicts the album will go over the 3 million mark for the year by Memorial Day. Her debut album, 19, is now at #7.

I think Memorial Day in the US is May 28
      Predicting over 3 million by May 28 for 2012?! That is incredible. You know why? Because if that happens then 21 will have sold almost 9 million in the US before summer starts! OMFG! Diamond is ten million. Wow. Just wow.

And two years in a row at number 1 on both the worldwide chart and the US chart is looking better and better. As pointed out, only Thriller has done it in the states and no one has done it worldwide before! (since Media Traffic started keeping stats). Of course before 21, ten weeks at number 1 was the longest record worldwide! She will have 35 weeks number 1 worldwide on Friday. Geez...

Yes, Memorial Day is May 28. And let's be honest here, we all know that 21 will be diamond eventually in the US. It's just a matter of when not if. If her sales are as consistent as they have been, I can see her passing 10 million in the US by Memorial Day itself!