Options

I'm really sorry it's Rob

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I am one of the few who seem to like the character of Rob and the relationship with Tracy.

I wish it had been somebody else who had been the murderer.

Comments

• Options
    MittenMitten Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad it's Rob too. I really like his character and think he had a lot of potential. I wish it had been Peter. I used to love him but now I just think he is an irredeemable joke and even the actor looks bored. I feel like an exciting new character with lots to offer has been sacrificed for older tired characters who have run their course. It was a cowardly decision to make him the killer and the shock factor would have been so much better if a longer term character like Peter had done it.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. Rob could of been Corrie's future or at least a fixture for the next several years, but now has gone down the murder route, so nowhere else for him to go.

Same with Karl Munro, I hated when they made him a killer.
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am one of the few who seem to like the character of Rob and the relationship with Tracy.

I agree, I wanted it to be Carla.
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted it to be Dennis Tanner or Tony Stewart.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Fiz is one of his victims...party party party.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    Mitten wrote: »
    I'm sad it's Rob too. I really like his character and think he had a lot of potential. I wish it had been Peter. I used to love him but now I just think he is an irredeemable joke and even the actor looks bored. I feel like an exciting new character with lots to offer has been sacrificed for older tired characters who have run their course. It was a cowardly decision to make him the killer and the shock factor would have been so much better if a longer term character like Peter had done it.
    Pretty much sums it up for me, too.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will miss Peter sooo much......But there is so much potential for Rob Tracy not forgetting Deirdre.....................
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    If Fiz is one of his victims...party party party.

I am not sure I like 'ebil' Rob, so if he fits Peter up and Fiz is 'a necessary casualty' well so be it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Me too. Rob could of been Corrie's future or at least a fixture for the next several years, but now has gone down the murder route, so nowhere else for him to go.

I agree.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both of them acted out of character. No history of violence or instability and suddenly they become cold blooded killers (which is where of course you have to totally suspend belief.....every soap has several regular characters who have to become murderers in order to keep up with the sensational plots).
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is to say that this will be the end of Rob - Tracy is a murderer but is still there
    Perhaps the police conclusion will be that it was an accident
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I quite like Rob too. So it's a shame.

I was hoping for Norris to roundhouse kick Tina off the balcony tbh.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

he is out of prison and in Holby city now.:)
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina was such an unlikeable character and was threatening to lie to have Rob sent down for attempted murder, even though he clearly never meant for her to get hurt.

But Tina was Corrie's darling and the public will want justice, so we'll be saying goodbye to Rob soon enough. Sad, as I thought he was a good balance for Tracy. She is less OTT with him, but her ill schemes.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all seems too obvious that Rob did it which makes me wonder if there's a twist to come later on. Tracey is the one that's usually given to smacking people with a heavy object

What was the point of the heel coming off her shoe?

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was growing on me too.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping it was Michelle, found out by Fiz who then became her next victim, and Weatherfield constabulary had it all wrapped up and a life stretch verdict announced by the time the adverts came on.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob has turned into a good character, I remember when he first joined and got so much stick, is he leaving now some time?
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is to say that this will be the end of Rob - Tracy is a murderer but is still there
    Perhaps the police conclusion will be that it was an accident

I've watched it back and he didn't shove her
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just watched it again and you're right, she just lost her balance. But she was alive and said she was born gobby and he supposedly grabs the pipe as he says you'll die gobby. Next bit is masked by a car going past, so we don't actually see him attack her, but then he's hiding the pipe, so we all assume he did it.

I just don't want it to be him. Its all too obvious.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesn't go, he has so much potential and I really enjoy his relationship with Tracey and Carla.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Tracey basically confirming to Rob that she did indeed murder Stubbs in the build up of their relationship I think that this may have been planned for a long time by tptb and they may have a storyline with Rob blackmailing Tracey as he is giving her an alibi or they will become the murdering Bonnie and Clyde of the street
  • Options
    bar of soapbar of soap Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I thought both script and acting for the Tina attack very poor. The script was simply repetitive - I'll tell Peter - no you won't. Leave Carla alone, she's pregnant. I'm telling her... and on an on and on.

Such a great opportunity missed by Michelle Keegan, who could have set out her stall in pursuit of future work. As it is I see BB, I'm a Celebrity or similar. beckons. imo Marc Baylis awaits a similar fate. The script didn't serve them well but even had it been an Oscar winning script these two weren't capable of delivery. My opinion of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I feel the same,I didn't take to Rob at first but he has become much more likeable and i actually enjoy the pairing with Tracy,the relationship between him and Carla and also the interactions between him and Deirdre.

I suppose it is still possible that his character can be saved and i really hope it is,maybe he will frame Peter who is a character i did use to like but has become repetative and boring now imo,i know there is only so much you can expect from an alcoholic womanizer but i still think more could have been done with his character.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,ve always liked Rob and really did not want him to be the killer, I wanted it to be Tony I wouldnt have minded if he left although I do like his banter with Tracy. That will be Corrie losing Peter and Rob thats a big loss to the show ... well for me anyway.

I didnt want Karl to be turned into a killer either, I seem to always like the ones Corrie turn into killers :o