Will Cheryl get the same amount of coverage she got during her last stint?

lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cheryl's return has obviously been massively hyped up in the press and with a new single out plus a new album released during xfactor, do you think Cheryl will receive the same amount of coverage and exposure she got when she was at the height of her fame? She's got a new single released in July and will no doubt be performing the second on the xfactor live shows. Depending on her category she may also get the hat trick this year :) I love Cheryl personally and I'm really looking forward to seeing her back on the Xfactor again :D

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's return has obviously been massively hyped up in the press and with a new single out plus a new album released during xfactor, do you think Cheryl will receive the same amount of coverage and exposure she got when she was at the height of her fame? She's got a new single released in July and will no doubt be performing the second on the xfactor live shows. Depending on her category she may also get the hat trick this year :) I love Cheryl personally and I'm really looking forward to seeing her back on the Xfactor again :D

Does the X factor get the same coverage that it used to get in 2010? From what I understand it was everywhere then but the public interest has waned, along with the ratings.
    I don't see her getting the same coverage simply because I don't think that the show is as relevant as it used to be, but who knows if the ratings recover very well this year?
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Does the X factor get the same coverage that it used to get in 2010? From what I understand it was everywhere then but the public interest has waned, along with the ratings.
    I don't see her getting the same coverage simply because I don't think that the show is as relevant as it used to be, but who knows if the ratings recover very well this year?

Hmm yeah they definitely slumped a massive amount since the "glory days" so to speak! But seeing as there appears to be a lot banking on this on this panel being the best one ever since 2010 I'd guess if ratings soar there will be a lot of coverage focused on it. I'd be very surprised if people didn't tune in. If this panel doesn't work then no panel will and the show will probably be axed after this series.
    BUT HOPEFULLY that won't be the case!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm yeah they definitely slumped a massive amount since the "glory days" so to speak! But seeing as there appears to be a lot banking on this on this panel being the best one ever since 2010 I'd guess if ratings soar there will be a lot of coverage focused on it. I'd be very surprised if people didn't tune in. If this panel doesn't work then no panel will and the show will probably be axed after this series.
    BUT HOPEFULLY that won't be the case!

No it won't, seriously why do people say things like that?

I don't know X Factor's exact ratings, but aren't they around the 8-9million mark? That is still brilliant for a tv show, especially when you consider it is 10 years old and still one of the biggest shows on UK tv, if it stays there or even falls some, its still in a good position.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    No it won't, seriously why do people say things like that?

I don't know X Factor's exact ratings, but aren't they around the 8-9million mark? That is still brilliant for a tv show, especially when you consider it is 10 years old and still one of the biggest shows on UK tv, if it stays there or even falls some, its still in a good position.

It's a little wider than that :) On averages, it is about 7-9/10m. On peaks, it's more like 8-10m. On officials, I believe it's 9-10m? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The ratings aren't what they once were, nor are they that impressive even considering the context... But they're far from bad. Plus, ITV has signed X Factor for another three series minimum, so it won't be going anywhere yet.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    It's a little wider than that :) On averages, it is about 7-9/10m. On peaks, it's more like 8-10m. On officials, I believe it's 9-10m? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The ratings aren't what they once were, nor are they that impressive even considering the context... But they're far from bad. Plus, ITV has signed X Factor for another three series minimum, so it won't be going anywhere yet.

The overnight average was 8.8m, IIRC. Officials will be about a million higher (I don't think it was quite 10m but not far off).

They're not where they were in 2009-2011 but that was absolute madness of the like we almost certainly will never see again. The 2010 final peaked over 19m! I doubt any TV show will hit that level in the future (aside from World Cup etc).

Given that anything itv tried to replace X Factor with would probably average 4m-5m, then I'd say the current ratings for XF are more than impressive. Plus it brings in the right viewers - itv struggles to get young people watching anything on the channel and they watch X Factor in huge numbers (and advertisers struggle to reach young people through broadcast TV so they're willing to pay big money to get them).
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of the content of the show, I think the Cheryl focus will be at an all time high. Outside of the show, I'm not sure - It all depends on this year's ratings. If it consistently gets 10m + then yeah, we have all the 'Cheryl Saves X Factor' headlines to look forward to.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You also have to consider the rise of On Demand, not many shows will get numbers like that because of On Demand, +1 and YouTube.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I reckon she'll get a decent amount, she's still all over sites like the daily mail and the gossip magazines stick anyone in them these days so she's good on that front to. I think it will more of a question of whether people actually care anymore? I don't have much of an opinion of her but she was huge last time, with the media calling her the nations sweetheart (vom) and all that nonsense but I just don't think she can reach that height again.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be The Cheryl Factor all over again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She'll will receive the same amount of coverage and exposure she got when she was at the height of her fame?

She wishes, but no.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    She wishes, but no.

With people like you around, she'll always get attention :blush:
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »

Shame because the show is now no more than another structured reality show with little or mo talent. It needs to stop all being about the judges and unearth genuine, original stars
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hopefully not - the last thing we need is for that thug to get attention however much she may crave it.
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The very fact that Cheryl is back is enough to make me switch off .Can't stand her she has no talent .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    zolug wrote: »
    she has no talent .

Agreed. No talent, looks and no career. That's why she went back.
  • Bryan_HBryan_H Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I think with both Cheryl and Simon back the ratings will go up as people will be happy to see either one or both back and with the addition of Mel B I'm sure there will be a lot of stuff in the press regarding both Cheryl and Mel B either on what they're wearing or on cat fights etc.