Aaaw diddums Jennifer

2»

Comments

• Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I’ve no objection to what you spend your benefits money on – providing its not on voting on Dancing on Ice (for Carry or anyone else) or other reality TV shows. A lot of people work very hard and pay taxes to finance the benefits system – so beneficiaries shouldn’t be wasting their money.

They were right, you are extremely arrogant.

Who are you to be so pompous as to say you have no objection?????:eek:
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you, I've said it on a couple of threads, she didn't have the likeability factor and that was her problem. If the viewers don't know the celebs, they need to be able to warm to them and she was unable to connect with the public.

It probably doesn't help that the character she plays on Hollyoaks is an utter bitch - and it does seem that a lot of people are unable to distinguish between actor and character (thinking here about the idiots hurling abuse at Samantha Womack in the street over the Eastenders baby plot, and that's not the first time it's happened!). Add to that the fact that she has a rather flat intonation in her speech, she did come across as a bit cold and dull. I really liked her though and thought her routine yesterday was great.

Rob/Vanilla is probably in my top 3 on the show so I'm delighted he stayed but it should not have been at Jen's expense. I'm not surprised the poor girl was gutted, she was eliminated way too soon - she probably should have made the top 5 or 6 based on ability alone.

If I found out the public preferred Kerry Katona to me, I think I'd be crying too.
  • tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    They were right, you are extremely arrogant.

Who are you to be so pompous as to say you have no objection?????:eek:

A taxpayer perhaps? :rolleyes:
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    thats the only thing im gutted about.
    Really didnt warm to her at all.

This is what baffles me all the stick Chloe is getting.
    soap stars vanish of the radar so fast (hence why most return if they can).

DOI= All about the Airtime.she might have been okay on the ice but there was just nothing in her performance to connect with.

*current soap star..edited
    Me neither oathy, there was something laking for me too.
    I agree with you, I've said it on a couple of threads, she didn't have the likeability factor and that was her problem. If the viewers don't know the celebs, they need to be able to warm to them and she was unable to connect with the public.
    I've been saying the same for a few weeks - I personally found it difficult to 'connect' to her.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve no objection to what you spend your benefits money on – providing its not on voting on Dancing on Ice (for Carry or anyone else) or other reality TV shows. A lot of people work very hard and pay taxes to finance the benefits system – so beneficiaries shouldn’t be wasting their money.

1. What people choose to spend their money on, benefits, earned, inherited, whatever, is none of your business!! :mad:

2. There is no-one called Carry participating in Dancing on Ice.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is so true. Have to admit I'd heard of very few of the contestants, certainly never heard of Jennifer (but then I don't watch teen soaps) and I hadn't heard of Laura (as I don't watch kids tv) either, and yet I find I really like Laura - her personality, not just her skating, whereas once the show is finished I couldn't even remember what Jennifer looked like. Fact is, no one will vote for someone they don't particularly like however good they can skate.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's jolly decent of you. :rolleyes:

I don't however see what people choose to spend their money on is of any concern of yours tho'.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    That is so true. Have to admit I'd heard of very few of the contestants, certainly never heard of Jennifer (but then I don't watch teen soaps) and I hadn't heard of Laura (as I don't watch kids tv) either, and yet I find I really like Laura - her personality, not just her skating, whereas once the show is finished I couldn't even remember what Jennifer looked like. Fact is, no one will vote for someone they don't particularly like however good they can skate.

I do agree with you here. Laura is coming across as a very warm personality. Personally, I enjoyed Jennifer's performances, but found her a little off-putting at times when she was jokingly saying how she was always right whenever she and Sylvain had a disagreement over the routine.

Obviously they had an unusually close relationship, and I know she was joking, but it sometimes came across to me that she almost considered herself to be his equal as a skater, just because they were in a relationship.

Except for last night when she was paying tribute to his coaching efforts with her. Was I the only one thinking 'Wooah, too much information' when she said 'He's put so much into me!' :eek::o:D

I wonder if Sylvain will be back next year? I just get the feeling Jennifer might not be happy with him skating with someone other than her on this show. Just a feeling of course, I have no way of knowing what she is thinking!

Sorry to see her go. I'd rather have seen Kerry, Denise, Johnson or Dave go before her. Or even Jeff.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didnt know Jen or Sam, i thought Jen was quite captivating last night, every week Sam leaves me cold, i find myself thinking what to have for Mondays dinner!!! i find him completely boring!!!
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be proposing that those on benefits are given food/clothing/housing coupons next.

Just to ensure they don't 'waste' your contributions via tax.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel Jennifer errs on the dramatic side and that's the only side of personality she's willing to show? Had no idea who she was as don't watch Hollyoaks. That said, I had no idea who Sylvian was and haven't got a clue what his personality's like yet I was happy to watch him continue further. Also to be fair even if both Ice and Jennifer were not bottom two this week, they only had the skating potential to go on for a couple of weeks.