Options

Still amazed that Matthew Wright is....

13»

Comments

• Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew is behaving very much like how he does on the Wright stuff. I've always been torn between liking him or not...generally hes quite a laugh on The Wright Stuff and I like the show, but what always annoyed me about him was when he would shut down callers for no good reason, not just because half the time the callers were making very valid points (and better argued than Matthew) and the only reason he cut them off was because they didn't agree with his own opinions, but he would also be really personally rude to them too, quite often with no good reason. I'm sure theres been plenty callers left absolutely fuming with him. I thought he was essentially doing it to be 'controversial' for his show, but its so obvious now that he is actually like that in real life. I think he has a warm and likeable side to him too, its just a shame that the irritatingly opinionated and rude side of him takes over too often.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a prize knob with a misplaced superiority complex. His behaviour may be a good talking point but he's still a sneery knob.

And a b!tch.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I'm amazed Vincent is with a woman (I think? I'm
    Sure I heard that somewhere)

Vincent is not gay; he and Flavia were a life couple, as well as a professional dance couple for some years before she found someone else. Vincent now has a life partner - yes, woman - and children. The "I'm so wonderful" persona that he keeps pushing is an annoying act, other than that he is a genuinely nice, caring guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy Matthews program, but is is annoying, even on that. He will say about the viewers phoning in "It's your views and only your view that counts!" then promptly cut off anyone who completely disagrees with his own views. [Not always, but quite frequently.)

Someone on his show (think it was Donal McIntyre) described his as being a "very complex man" and think he was right.

He's not coming across well in the Jungle, maybe believes himself to be superior(?), but it wouldn't surprise me if he cracks up altogether and is taken out like - was it Brian Connelly? - last year?
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I enjoy Matthews program, but is is annoying, even on that. He will say about the viewers phoning in "It's your views and only your view that counts!" then promptly cut off anyone who completely disagrees with his own views. [Not always, but quite frequently.)
    I have to be honest - although he has cut people off in the past - usually its because not only do they disagree with him - but they meander on and on and he only has time for so many calls.
    He's not coming across well in the Jungle, maybe believes himself to be superior(?), but it wouldn't surprise me if he cracks up altogether and is taken out like - was it Brian Connelly? - last year?
    I don't think he cares how he's coming across in there - he said as much himself and I certainly don't think he believes he is superior. He won't crack up I think he's been in there long enough to get what he needs from the show. I don't think Matthew even set out to wind people up - but its just so boring in there this year (for the campers as well as the viewers) he thought he'd 'revert to type'.

He'll be voted out first anyway and although Kian, Alfonso and a few others will be glad he's gone - I think a lot of viewers will miss him being in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're probably right, Sheila, I wouldn't disagree. Not sure, though, what he feels he needs to get from the show, unless it is to prove to he can be a bit of hard nut after all those tears at the beginning.:D
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably right, Sheila, I wouldn't disagree. Not sure, though, what he feels he needs to get from the show, unless it is to prove to he can be a bit of hard nut after all those tears at the beginning.:D

This ^^ The Matthew on the first programme is nothing like he is now. He was a right wuss to begin with :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Married to a woman....but hey ho.......so was Elton John at one point.

Matthew admits he's not straight.

I dunno how any woman or man could be with this annoying man
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure, though, what he feels he needs to get from the show, unless it is to prove to he can be a bit of hard nut after all those tears at the beginning.:D
    Well he's had a go at IAC (or its contestants) for some years now - and I suppose - like any reporter/journalist - he realises he can't really have a go at something unless he's participated in it himself. He's done so now - and when he gets back on the show he can give a first-hand account of it himself. He can also fill us in on all the stuff that the producers and editors of the show haven't allowed us to see. I reckon he's just done it for a it of research with some pocket-money thrown in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flowers786 wrote: »
    Matthew admits he's not straight.
    He's never said that has he? He said he was 'camp' but he didn't say he wasn't straight.
    I dunno how any woman or man could be with this annoying man

I would! I like clever and witty men though.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    He argues the way a five year old does, repeating the same thing over and over.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such Vile man period.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote to save Matthew. Important for the show to keep him. I think he will be fine anyway.