Options

Humax fox hdr t2 BBC three hd recording problem

Comments

• Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have received a reply from Humax saying they are aware of a problem with FREEVIEW HD PVRs which they are investigating.

And, on checking, it may be that my 0sec recording of Freesat BBC3HD was of the first Bluestone 42, which it seems, was replaced at the last minute because of the death of a soldier in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Just to add to the debate, I can only get BBC3HD/CBBCHD from Sudbury, but not BBC4HD, BBC NewsHD etc.

I have made several BBC3HD recordings on timer, using AR, since the new channel was made available, and not one has failed!

Could the transmitter source be an issue for this problem...or is it the fact that I can only receive one set of the new HD channels that is resulting in a lack of problems, I wonder?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lancer wrote: »
    Just to add to the debate, I can only get BBC3HD/CBBCHD from Sudbury, but not BBC4HD, BBC NewsHD etc.

I have made several BBC3HD recordings on timer, using AR, since the new channel was made available, and not one has failed!

Could the transmitter source be an issue for this problem...or is it the fact that I can only receive one set of the new HD channels that is resulting in a lack of problems, I wonder?

I don't have COM 7 so basically in same situation. All my recordings on both a HDR FOX T2 and a HD FOX T2 of BBC THREE HD have failed. (Lark Stoke transmitter)
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the new HD play-out software for BBC3/4HD designed by the team that spent £100M on the scrapped archive system?
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No as it is not a BBC owned playout facility .....
    And you might like to note what is in PQ http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/technology/article/art20130802130729948
    ... Installed by Siemens
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Siemens again, the mind boggles.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Siemens again, the mind boggles.

It ( and its NI equivalent ) works ..as does the code and mux for BBC TV, ,,,
  • Options
    BrolacBrolac Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    My recordings of the new HD channels seems to be resolved now.
  • Options
    WendoleneWendolene Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Brolac wrote: »
    My recordings of the new HD channels seems to be resolved now.

Until next time, lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humax Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HumaxUK

"Check back here tomorrow as we are releasing an update!"

Richard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humax Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HumaxUK

"Check back here tomorrow as we are releasing an update!"

Richard

Doubt it's anything to do with Freeview. Most likely the anticipated Freetime update for remote scheduling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite!:
    "Software update on Humax UK Freesat+ with Freetime boxes!!!

A software update will take place on all Freesat+ with Freetime boxes today, the 7th January. This is an automatic update but if you can’t wait, you can do this manually simply search for new software by pressing Home, Settings, System settings, Software update and Search new software.
    The update will provide support for the Freesat iOS App which will be available in the App Store later this month.
    For more information on what the update means to you visit, www.freesat.co.uk/about-freesat/whats-new"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite!:
    "Software update on Humax UK Freesat+ with Freetime boxes!!!

A software update will take place on all Freesat+ with Freetime boxes today, the 7th January. This is an automatic update but if you can’t wait, you can do this manually simply search for new software by pressing Home, Settings, System settings, Software update and Search new software.
    The update will provide support for the Freesat iOS App which will be available in the App Store later this month.
    For more information on what the update means to you visit, www.freesat.co.uk/about-freesat/whats-new"

The app and update is primarily for remote scheduling :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Inside the last 2 hours I now get bad signal and the date on the T2 says 01/01/70 LOL
    Probably just a coincidence due to transmitter or communal ariel problems.

Forgot to add the TV said new channels found retuned to the 800's,
    now it's practically unwatchable,hope it is just a transmitter problem!

EPG has the right date and time now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inside the last 2 hours I now get bad signal and the date on the T2 says 01/01/70 LOL
    Probably just a coincidence due to transmitter or communal ariel problems.

Forgot to add the TV said new channels found retuned to the 800's,
    now it's practically unwatchable,hope it is just a transmitter problem!

EPG has the right date and time now.

The update is for G2 satellite boxes, nothing to do with terrestrial boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it's nothing to.do with humy updates just a signal failure wrong thread my bad.
  • Options
    trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a CBBC HD failure last Saturday. The programme recorded, I checked to make sure that the channel was broadcasting (it was, with no corruption apparent on viewing the channel live).

Subsequently, the file was unplayable (0 mins, apparently). Yet on deletion, the disk space was freed up.

Very annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trilobite wrote: »
    I had a CBBC HD failure last Saturday. The programme recorded, I checked to make sure that the channel was broadcasting (it was, with no corruption apparent on viewing the channel live).

Subsequently, the file was unplayable (0 mins, apparently). Yet on deletion, the disk space was freed up.

Very annoying.

See post 13 that'll sort it:)
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    See post 13 that'll sort it:)

I was sceptical when I read Post 13. But then I saw it mentioned on another forum.

Previously I had not managed a single successfull recording from BBC3 HD.

Yesterday, I watched the tennis for ten minutes or so. Then did an Instant Recording for half an hour. This played back okay. So last night I set two recordings .... and had my first successes!

Whether this was coincidence, I don't know (how on earth does it work?). I'm going to try some more recordings over the next few days to see how it goes and I'll report back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had two occasions recently when lost the signal for the com 7channels on the Humy.The first was when the communal aeriel was damaged in the bad weather,and the second time last week when I retuned the H in auto.Did the manual record on all the com 7 channels, and was sorted.

Definately not a coincidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Day two of testing and all recordings successful. Wonder why Humax are not spreading the word of this workaround ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried to timer record from BBC3HD and BBC4HD last night, usual 0 mins recording. Instant record works as does BBC News HD. Winter Hill if that's any help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Day 3, and all recordings successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a solution from the Hummy site, it is similar to post 13 on this thread and seems to work. The poster claimed that the Humax has to learn about the different system used by BBC3&4HD. He claimed that if you retune before 7pm you will be able to record CBBC & Cbeebies in HD but not BBC3&4HD, if you retune after 7pm the situation is reversed. The original poster recommended using instant record on both channels to solve the problem but someone else had a simpler suggestion.
    If you cant record BBC3/4HD wait until after 7pm tune the Humax to BBC3HD and leave it for 30mins, switch to BBC4HD and leave it for 30mins, programme in your reservations.
    I did this earlier this week and programmed it to record Salamander in SD and HD yesterday. I checked at 10pm and found it had recorded part one OK so I also programmed it to record Top of the pops from BBC4HD and Live at the Electric from BBC3HD, all recordings were checked this morning and all are OK. I cannot claim this will work for you or that it will be a permanent fix but so far it seems to work. If a programme is important to you I suggest you use SD until reliability is confirmed.
    It is possible that some people who have had no problems use their Humax as an HD tuner and therefore the problem sorted itself out when they were watching anything live on BBC3&4HD.
  • Options
    ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I had problems recording BBC3/4HD but I did the following, I checked my firmware and found it was out of date so upgraded to latest via flashdrive.
    Did retune of box(was done mid afternoon), in evening I followed post 13's advise, I watched 5-10 min of channel then recorded 10min.

Recording played back ok, then set program to record on each channel. Both recording worked fine when tried next day and have record two more programs of each and they have all worked.

Have not tried CBBC or news HD as have no need for then.

I live in Coventry and aerial is pointing to Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

I very rarely even watch BBC3/4 let alone record them but did have to record some programs the other week and encountered this issue.