Options

First Dates Ch4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    Not necessarily a bad thing. Live a little Prince.;-)

I'd like a bit of Amazon, if I could get it.
    I'm old now, takes longer to shake off injuries.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    what makes you think guys watching girls stuff their faces is any different

I'm a guy as well ;-) I was just basing it on what was happening on screen at the time, which was Rajan trying to speak with an overflowing mouthful of spinach :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John was lovely. Sad his wife died but at least now he can move on and remember the good bits of their life together. Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I can't work out if I like Purdey or find her insanely annoying!

There was something strange about Will...can't quite put my finger on what though.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't work out if I like Purdey or find her insanely annoying!

There was something strange about Will...can't quite put my finger on what though.

Which one was Will?
  • Options
    GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Which one was Will?

Wasn't Will the non drinker? Completely wrong date for him and he wasn't thrilled with his date's vodka drinks. I'm surprised he agreed to meet her again.

Purdy's lack of experience with any boyfriend means she has never learned the art of shutting up. I can't imagine any blind date working out for you. I could see her hooking up with a long time friend or someone who already knows her loudness and can handle it.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    This New Zealand guy has really bad teeth!

He looked like he'd stepped out in front of a bus....which is now off the road for repair.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    Her face when Rajan turned her down ^_^

Ouch!

Now where's Mo just to make my evening complete.
    She should have read that better and not surrendered when Rojan asked. He was flirting with the girl at the bar and you could see her face and it was not happy.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    I love Purdey!
    I hope we have seen the last of her, but think not, the conversation in the loo was so boring and non entertaining.. Bring back Saniya please!
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone said earlier, this show does seem to be full of insecure, overly made-up women who have been cheated on numerous times before, totally distrust men, yet keep being attracted to rude boys. They also complain that their tarty look makes men think they are tarts.

At least Purdey is just being herself. I also liked the short-haired woman from last week who didn't give in to the player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She should have read that better and not surrendered when Rojan asked. He was flirting with the girl at the bar and you could see her face and it was not happy.

Flirting? flirting?
    Acting the 24 carat ar$e more like.
    He found out the girl behind the jump was French, said 'Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)'
    "Do you want to sleep with me (tonight)?" which is why she wasn't happy.

I wouldn't mind his date (I've forgotten her name too) coming back again and getting a second chance.

Maybe it's in the edit, he's alright if his date can steer him away from his 'act' or maybe she's very charitable and thought there might be a nice guy underneath?
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Will - perfect and rare. Hot, funny, polite and tee-total.

Way out of her league, too good for her, except for if he fancies slumming it with a bit of drunk rough ocassionally. (Harsh but true)

Was interrupted by the phone last night, just catchin up. ^_^
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    Will - perfect and rare. Hot, funny, polite and tee-total.

Way out of her league, too good for her, except for if he fancies slumming it with a bit of drunk rough ocassionally. (Harsh but true)

Was interrupted by the phone last night, just catchin up. ^_^

Meh, I'm from the 'if it looks too good to be true it probably is' school of thought.
    Tee-total Will probably hoovers up coke like turbo charged Dyson, allegedly :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gellymiss wrote: »
    Wasn't Will the non drinker? Completely wrong date for him and he wasn't thrilled with his date's vodka drinks. I'm surprised he agreed to meet her again.

Purdy's lack of experience with any boyfriend means she has never learned the art of shutting up. I can't imagine any blind date working out for you. I could see her hooking up with a long time friend or someone who already knows her loudness and can handle it.

What's happened to her experience of the rest of the world?
    She knows she yammers on, she's mentioned it, surely it's not just dates who've told her she yammers on too, too much?
    She could be quite bright, but she yammers on at such a rate of knots her brain can't possibly keep up trying to come up with content.

Anyway I've got terrible reverse snobbery problems, so she can buggeroff as far as I'm concerned, that well has run dry.
    Shappy wrote: »
    As someone said earlier, this show does seem to be full of insecure, overly made-up women who have been cheated on numerous times before, totally distrust men, yet keep being attracted to rude boys. They also complain that their tarty look makes men think they are tarts.

At least Purdey is just being herself. I also liked the short-haired woman from last week who didn't give in to the player.

BIB Who's said that?
    Pretty sure the running complaint has been that they attract ar$eholes or words to that effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope we have seen the last of her, but think not, the conversation in the loo was so boring and non entertaining.. Bring back Saniya please!

I just think Saniya is a little odd, but she'd probably be more interesting/amusing to watch than Purdey, she actually made for an amusing date with Mo.
    Her backstory might be interesting.

Here's a little quiz, just to see if viewers brains are shutting down like her dates when she's on, what do we know about Purdey so far?
    She lives in Clapham.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a little quiz, just to see if viewers brains are shutting down like her dates when she's on, what do we know about Purdey so far?
    She lives in Clapham.

She's never had a boyfriend.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She lives in Clapham.

She loves arms.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB Who's said that?
    Pretty sure the running complaint has been that they attract ar$eholes or words to that effect.

Can't remember their names but a couple of the girls have mentioned men taking one look at them (blonde hair, what they're wearing) and just thinking of one thing. That was the gist of it, perhaps not in those exact words.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Which one was Will?

As said above, he was the non drinker...although thats not what I found odd about him.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i only got round to watching this today. felt sorry for the old guy , admire him for still living his life , going out there and meeting people. sorry to hear about his wife.
    purdey is still annoying , at least she isn't boring but she needs to stop talking so much. the new Zealand guy looked terrified.
    the drinker & will were polar opposite. me and my fiance cracked up when she said she shot a peasant as opposed to a pheasant. I think only one person mentioned it which surprised me.
    and Dan bless him , he is unique and looks like he finds a match next week. plus i had heard of all those bands he mentioned , in the rock/metal world they are popular bands hardly obscure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    i only got round to watching this today. felt sorry for the old guy , admire him for still living his life , going out there and meeting people. sorry to hear about his wife.
    purdey is still annoying , at least she isn't boring but she needs to stop talking so much. the new Zealand guy looked terrified.
    the drinker & will were polar opposite. me and my fiance cracked up when she said she shot a peasant as opposed to a pheasant. I think only one person mentioned it which surprised me.
    and Dan bless him , he is unique and looks like he finds a match next week. plus i had heard of all those bands he mentioned , in the rock/metal world they are popular bands hardly obscure.

BIB being an important caveat, really he was pushing against a closed door, but kept going with various band names.
    Anyway I'm old and grumpy, he gave me the right irrit, I'll try and let him wash over me if he appears again.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gellymiss wrote: »

She's probably quite a nice girl but I was amazed he would be seen out with her when she had that faded fake tan look going on. Some of the "make up" on show this week was beyond embarrassing. Why oh why do girls think blokes like fake tans and loads of eye make up? I am telling you now only the really REALLY thick guys do….you know blondie, the ones you kept saying treated you so badly…go figure.:(
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    He's quite beefy though.

Unfortunately he's still wearing the same clothes that he bought before he beefed up.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched. Rajah totally putting it on for the camera. Purdey is getting repetitive now she needs a strong man to shut her up! . I know people like that geeky guy Dan, funny how his date said she was outgeeked!
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping - about to start