Options

Dev to take a break from CS

Comments

• Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't miss him. The longer the better.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope he takes Aldi and Asda with him.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three months isn't long enough!
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was going to be for a year or more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Make it permanent, take Mary with him and I'll start watching again.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie will look after the shop for Dev and she will turn it into a sex toy shop, which will enrange all the residents. Norris Cole will be a regular in there. And the upstairs flat, will be used for the homeless girls from the shelter :D
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss the legend Dev.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez! If he's not going off on his break until 'early next year', why the hell do they have to tell us NOW??? >:(>:(>:(

Do TPTB still not realise that viewers stop investing in characters once they know they're leaving? ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Jeez! If he's not going off on his break until 'early next year', why the hell do they have to tell us NOW??? >:(>:(>:(

Do TPTB still not realise that viewers stop investing in characters once they know they're leaving? ^_^

Do viewers really invest in Dev, he to me is just a very comedic character, with a strange voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do viewers really invest in Dev, he to me is just a very comedic character, with a strange voice.

Well I do because he's one of the fixtures and fittings of the Street, (and I still remember him and Deirdre in bed together, :D), but even if I didn't before, I wouldn't now.

Point is, the viewers don't need to know 9 - 10 months in advance that a character is leaving. :(
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie will look after the shop for Dev and she will turn it into a sex toy shop, which will enrange all the residents. Norris Cole will be a regular in there. And the upstairs flat, will be used for the homeless girls from the shelter :D

That wouldn't surprise me. Sophie will probably give Maddie a job as well, and then act dumb and oblivious when bottles of vodka begin going missing in the shop.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Can't he go now? I'll pay the bus fare!
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    For three months does he even need to leave the street?
    I imagine it will simply be either that he goes traveling in the show or a relative falls ill or dies and he goes to visit them where ever they are.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    For three months does he even need to leave the street?
    I imagine it will simply be either that he goes traveling in the show or a relative falls ill or dies and he goes to visit them where ever they are.

That's what I thought, he is hardly a dominate character that you would miss seeing on the show. I'm sure he has probably missed three months worth of eps before without anyone noticing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His exit, wont simply be him visting Stella in America will it, it just entered my head. If he is just away for 3 months, it would probably fit in nicely
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Please, no, don't do that!
    Just give him some goodm storylines on a regular basis.
    He can be brilliant!
    Give him a new love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o:o:o If Mary goes, I go. >:(>:(>:(

One of the top 5 characters in Corrie in my book. Absolutely love her. :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    Max LoveMax Love Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    His character needs a break.
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Dev, can't believe all the negativity he gets.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Can't say I'm really bothered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Love wrote: »
    His character needs a break.

I don't think so. :confused: I think he just needs a decent sl. If he'd taken a break after all the drama of Sunita's murder I would've understood it.

But why announce a break now, at least 9 months before it actually happens? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Well I do because he's one of the fixtures and fittings of the Street, (and I still remember him and Deirdre in bed together, :D), but even if I didn't before, I wouldn't now.

Point is, the viewers don't need to know 9 - 10 months in advance that a character is leaving. :(

Thanks for putting the image back in my head lol.

Quite like Dev TBH, surprising at the negative reaction he gets IMO, he just needs a decent SL (it's quite likely that TPTB just don't know what to do with him these days).
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Dev is absolute quality. He should stay. As an aside, I bumped into Deifrie in Freshco the other day and she told me that the night she spent with Dev at Christmas a few years back, was the best, most passionate, steamiest, frenzied, exciting sex she has ever had in her life. She said he was hung like an elephant and knew how to use it. She still walks with a slight bow legged limp even now. I told her not to be so disgusting and left to get my bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting the image back in my head lol.

Quite like Dev TBH, surprising at the negative reaction he gets IMO, he just needs a decent SL (it's quite likely that TPTB just don't know what to do with him these days).

This is the problem Matt. Everybody constantly moans like mad about how soaps are just about relationships, affairs etc, but as soon as a character doesn't have one, everybody calls 'deadwood'. Can't there be any normal unattached characters around any more? Is it so unrealistic? :(
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time!! I