Options

Max Clifford guilty of 8 counts of indecent assault, sentenced to 8 years (merged)

Comments

• Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    The whole thing reminds of that letter in Viz many years back....

"If Max Clifford is so good at public relations, how come everyone thinks he's a c*nt?"

Just dawned on me!

We've been mis-understanding all these years. We added an extra letter in error.

He's into PUBIC RELATIONS, not Public. :p
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"If Max Clifford is so good at public relations, how come everyone thinks he's a c*nt?"
    Love the Viz :D
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Just dawned on me!

We've been mis-understanding all these years. We added an extra letter in error.

He's into PUBIC RELATIONS, not Public. :p
    :o

:D
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looks like there's been a bit of a cull overnight. This thread was 18 pages last time I looked.

I wonder when the civil cases for damages against Clifford will begin. Bet he's spent the last few months moving money around.
  • Options
    Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    crofter wrote: »
    You do know who she is?? Journalist might be stretching it a bit far to be fair ... she has made a living out of being a professional mistress to the stars.

I just googled her - did not realise who she was until now....
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Haven't really been following the case but I can't help thinking that he never really have a chance.
    He's sort of the anti-OJ.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    looks like there's been a bit of a cull overnight. This thread was 18 pages last time I looked.

I wonder when the civil cases for damages against Clifford will begin. Bet he's spent the last few months moving money around.

A civil case will get seriously nasty. Does the claimant still have anonymity?

Expect an appeal first.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't followed the case and do not know all the details, but what has he done wrong, he had sex with girls on the "Casting Couch" something which has gone on since time immemorial, how did all the Hollywood stars get their big break? so some silly girls believed him . He didn't jump out of the bushes and grab them.
    A friend of mine went for an audition in the 90s to be a hostess on a t.v. quiz show. All the girls were put up in a hotel and during the evening she was propositioned by the producer, she refused, but the girl who got the job went on to become a minor celebrity and married a famous politician, so the casting couch worked for her.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I haven't followed the case and do not know all the details, but what has he done wrong, he had sex with girls on the "Casting Couch" something which has gone on since time immemorial, how did all the Hollywood stars get their big break? so some silly girls believed him . He didn't jump out of the bushes and grab them.
    A friend of mine went for an audition in the 90s to be a hostess on a t.v. quiz show. All the girls were put up in a hotel and during the evening she was propositioned by the producer, she refused, but the girl who got the job went on to become a minor celebrity and married a famous politician, so the casting couch worked for her.

So are you saying what he did was ok because others did similar?
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One question I have, it is being said that he will face years in prison. Does anyone know what the usual sentance is for indecent assault is? Hall got 15 months which was extended because he commited Rape as well I believe.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked the way Newsnight showed an old clip of Cowell from 2004 saying 'The thing is you get this call from a Newspaper at 9 o'clock on a Sunday evening. Who've got to have someone to phone in a situation like that' Uncle Max of course.

What's fascinating about Cowell is how he's always been very open about his relationship with Clifford. He mentioned it in his first book. As soon as he first became famous he got in touch with Max. The Louis Theroux documentary. Why the lack of subtlety? They couldn't resist flaunting it.

The Sun front page today being very blatant about putting the line out there that Cowell was first to sack Max. That tells you everything you need to know about who The Sun is in bed with.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    One question I have, it is being said that he will face years in prison. Does anyone know what the usual sentance is for indecent assault is? Hall got 15 months which was extended because he commited Rape as well I believe.

12-24 months for this - it will run concurrently. We don't know which charges he was aquitted of - which could affect things a bit.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun front page today being very blatant about putting the line out there that Cowell was first to sack Max. That tells you everything you need to know about who The Sun is in bed with.

Damage limitation.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain what Max did that was against the law?
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »

the press have been very sketchy on the details but one example was of him exposing himself to a young woman when she went to his office.
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »

i believe sexually assaulting 15 year old girls is against the law.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the press have been very sketchy on the details but one example was of him exposing himself to a young woman when she went to his office.
    Thanks so he was basically too forward in asking for sexual favours, which isn't illegal per se.
    pianoforte wrote: »
    Yes I realize with that one but I wasn't sure about the other cases.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how much shredding/file clearing went on last night?
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the press have been very sketchy on the details
    Haven't they just? The only thing I've seen in real detail was the micropenis stuff, which is conveniently something easily disproven by a medical Doctor who testified. It almost makes one wonder if Mr Clifford still has enough clout so far to keep the worst of it out of the mainstream consciousness.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    It almost makes one wonder if Mr Clifford still has enough clout so far to keep the worst of it out of the mainstream consciousness.

I bet a few papers are feeling conflicted - if they really put the boot in, they won't be the one he turns to when he decides to do some 'tell-all' expose later on. He's an unusual case for them, still having unknown 'value' to them.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »

Do you know what makes me really angry REALLY ANGRY......

I know someone who had her friend come to stay with her as this friend was helping her with her two boys, 10 and 14.

The agreement was she would help at the weekend so the mother could go out and get a bit of free time, and she lived free had nothing to pay for.

Then the boy who was just 15 came to his mother and told him that her friend had been having SEX with him whilst she was out. He only came forward because he found this friend in bed with his best friend who is only 12. He was staying overnight and the 15 year old walked in on them.

The police were called the friend thrown out.

So far nothing much is happening, apart from statements being made.

The CPS havent decided if they are going to take it to court, as the friend is now saying its all been made up and its basically their word against hers.

So two boy had been should we say sexually assaulted by an older women, or taken advantage of, especially the 12 year old boy and nothing is happening.

The 15 year is now cutting himself.

Is there a difference then between gender, and status?

I dont see any of these women were raped.

The lady on Good Morning britain this morning shocked me to be honest.

She said Max Clifford sexually assaulted her in 1980 (against her will etc) and her first port of call was the NEWSPAPERS in 1980, not the police the newspapers. She was told at the time there was no point in reporting it to the newspapers because MC was a powerful man.

Are we serious. Why didnt she go to a doctor, have a rape swab done, then see the police? No her first thoughts were to talk to the newspapers.

I cant stand MC to be honest he is a horrible man, but again has he been set up? Revenge is sweet they say.

Anyway I am angry as all this is in the newspapers but people in the real world living real lives are just being ignored. >:(
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to mail , simon cowell has ditched him now , and where simon goes I am sure others will follow , I think Clifford's whole company will go down the toilet now , even if Clifford hands the reins to someone else his company is finished now
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    As others have said I bet there a lot of worried people right now MC may have buried a lot of stuff over the years but you can bet he kept a detailed map of just where they are buried just in case they ever had to be dug up again.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Do you know what makes me really angry REALLY ANGRY......

Sadly male victims of women are the least likely to get justice. Statistically about a third of male victims of abuse were abused by women. But that's not remotely reflected in criminal cases. I say that as a victim of a much older woman myself when I was a young teen. She wanted to covert the "Gay boy"
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

I came across that letter in the Council Gritter yesterday and cracked my hole laughing. Very true.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how much shredding/file clearing went on last night?

None probably. I'm not sure I understand the concept. He's not going to prison for the rest of his life. If he does go he will be out in a year or two and any documents he doesn't want messed with he'll just put into his safe. His house isn't going anywhere nor will his offices.