✭✭
    Now watching, I don't think this will be easy viewing. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    So sad :-(
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching it... I hope it inspires people to make the most of what they have in their lives
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching, it's very sad already. I might have missed this but when was this all filmed, what year?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an interesting concept, I suppose its like carpe diem (while you can)(?). I know compared to other cultures in the world, we have a very sobre view of death, while abroad death is almost celebrated in a sense, like with funerals with people dancing around the coffin and things.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching, but with very mixed feelings really. I want to watch but I don't want to get attached to these people knowing they're going to die at the end :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Jaynes husbands (hope that's her name) reaction is common. I know the others are saying about people who they are close to being distant but a husband of 25 years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I'm watching, it's very sad already. I might have missed this but when was this all filmed, what year?

2012 I think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I wonder if Jaynes husbands (hope that's her name) reaction is common. I know the others are saying about people who they are close to being distant but a husband of 25 years

On of my friends aunties was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - when she was in the middle of her chemo, having lost her hair, been sick, weak etc, her husband left her - shacked up with someone 20 years his junior.... said he couldn't cope with his wife being ill. I wonder how he imagined she was dealing with it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On of my friends aunties was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - when she was in the middle of her chemo, having lost her hair, been sick, weak etc, her husband left her - shacked up with someone 20 years his junior.... said he couldn't cope with his wife being ill. I wonder how he imagined she was dealing with it

Owch :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just reading Junior Macs Twitter, he stopped posting just after his diagnosis ... how sad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's shocking and sad at the same time. I wonder does he regret that behaviour at all.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    As someone who is dealing with illness in the familt, tv is my escape. Tired of depressing programmes, cancer adverts, etc. Might not be a popular opinion but there you go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    As someone who is dealing with illness in the familt, tv is my escape. Tired of depressing programmes, cancer adverts, etc. Might not be a popular opinion but there you go.

I understand. I lost a friend through cancer and shitty tv shows were my escape. Sending you love and hugs xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IrishChick wrote: »
    2012 I think

I haven't read much about this so wasn't sure if they did all pass away during the filming but it if was filmed in 2012 I take it most of them have.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I understand. I lost a friend through cancer and shitty tv shows were my escape. Sending you love and hugs xxx

Thank you:):)

(However, I draw the line at Big Brother>:(. Shitty telly at its shittiest)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was filmed in 2012/2013 as some of the people in the show have since died. Really sad watching this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a horrible situation for both of them ... I do understand her anger, must be so hard to live through this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the argument scene too intrusive :( Really upsetting to watch
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Powerful stuff :(
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is really upsetting me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so sad. Really want to hug Junior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben from #MyLastSummer with thoughts on how to talk to people you know who have a terminal illness: http://ow.ly/xCBtH

https://twitter.com/Channel4/status/474308407567327232
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    My sister died from cancer in 2011 so this programme touches me very deeply.

Terminal illness is a hard subject, you know there isn't going to be a happy ending and we're very bad at talking about terminal illness and death in this country. I found this programme hard to watch for obvious reasons, but I hope it helps breaks down some taboos surrounding terminal illness and death. Having lost family members to cancer things could be much improved to help those facing a terminal diagnosis and support their families and loved one.
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the argument scene too intrusive :( Really upsetting to watch

I think that's the point of it?

The British have an Ostrich mentality when it comes to death. My best friend who died five years ago wouldn't allow anyone to mention that she was dying after her diagnosis with untreatable breast cancer, we all just played a stupid game for six months, even down to her saying that she was going into a hospice (where she eventually died) for "a rest". She took that six months away from all of her friends & family, It made dealing with her death much more difficult than it should have been.

We need TV shows like this to show everyone that death is normal and is just as hard emotionally for friends and family as for the person dying.