Options

How many books do you read a year?

Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I read 40 last year. A mixture of non-fiction and fiction. I did not have a Kobo then, this year I think I might beat that as I now read more during my commute.

What's the average? I suspect some people read a book + a week so I am lagging behind I fear.

Comments

• Options
    reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends whats going on. I used to get through four books a week but right now its more like two a month partly because I'm busy with knitting so I am also listening to at least one or two audio books a month.
    Its likely I will be on bed rest by the end of the year and could rack up a book a day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I read two to three a month, so probably around thirty a year. However, I start a lot more. I like books to have powerful hooks and to grip me all the way through. I red thrillers mainly, of all types, but if it's boring after the first twenty pages or so, I abandon it. Nothing worse than ploughing through a book hoping it will get better and then feeling it was several days of your life you are not going to get back. I'm the same with movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I'm keeping track of how many books I read this year in the 214 in 2014 thread and so far I have just hit 50. Therefore, I think I average around 100 books a year. I tend to re-read a lot of books in between buying new ones and I tend to read more in the summer as I like sitting outside in my garden with a book!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also keeping track of how many I read in the 2014 in 2014 thread. I read 30+ last year. I am aiming for 50+ this year. I tend to average 3-4 books a month. It tends to depend on what is happening.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably two a week,but I have slowed down a lot since
    I became an old man! Used to be virtually one a day in
    my younger days. Love reading,and (still) can't understand
    people who find it 'boring'!