Options

Silent heroes/inspirations

IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
Forum Member
✭✭
Who do you know who isn't well known but who has really made a difference to your life, a friend who wouldn't give up on you, or someone who made an effort to check on you - someone who went out of their way for you and didn't ask for anything in return?.

For me im going to name some friends - Tracey, Tracey-Louise and Ziva. It takes a lot to not give up on me and they have been truly loyal, patient friends. Their not on DS (I don't think they are anyway) but it feels nice to mention them anyway. I also remember one of my learning support tutors at school, she sticks out in my mind because she took the time to chat to me and help me in lessons and we'd have a bit of a laugh together. I was glad of her company and help. I remember her encouraging me to watch period dramas but im afraid I'm still not interested, no matter how good you think they are lol. I can't remember her name though, im ashamed to say :( she was really nice though.

Tracey-Louise is an inspiration to me because she has a lot to deal with personally but she comes across as strong, not selfish, she doesn't whine a lot and has a great sense of humour. She stays level headed and I just find her quite inspirational, personally. She'd probably kill me if she knew I was posting this but hey-ho. Anyone else want to mention others?.

Comments

• Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Who do you know who isn't well known but who has really made a difference to your life, a friend who wouldn't give up on you, or someone who made an effort to check on you - someone who went out of their way for you and didn't ask for anything in return?..

Nobody ever did anything for me, sorry to say!

Anything I've ever done in my life has been my own doing...for better or worse. nobody ever cared enough to take an interest!

Well done for having people around you who care enough and praising them for what they do/did :)
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waj_100 wrote: »
    Nobody ever did anything for me, sorry to say!

Anything I've ever done in my life has been my own doing...for better or worse. nobody ever cared enough to take an interest!

Well done for having people around you who care enough and praising them for what they do/did :)

Are you sure about that? im sorry.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? im sorry.

Don't be sorry, I got over it many years ago :)