Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

AdsAds Posts: 37,037
Forum Member
Here are a few you won't catch me in:

ASDA - I am not a chav and don't like to slap my back pocket like a prat

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?

Comments

• Bear1Bear1 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ann summers an any other womans shops
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote:

Why do people seem to think Asda is a chav shop. We shop at Asda, as do most people we know. I wouldn't describe any of them as chavs, poor, council house, beneift scroungers or whoever else some of the snobs (yes, I feel comfotable using that word) on here think are the sort of people who shop there.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    nothing wrong with asda imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lush. I don't think they would be too impressed with me vomiting all over the floor. (I don't like the stench)

River Island in Cambridge. All the women's clothes are on the 1st floor and you can't get a pushchair up the stairs unless you carry it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote:
    Here are a few you won't catch me in:

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?
    Lol!

Dixons products are kinda bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    There isn't ANY shops I wouldn't go into - I find it rather snobbish to even think that way!

What makes a supermarket chavvish for gods sake, they sell food - as supermarkets should!

OP, where do you buy your food from?!
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boots, I would never go there. (it's a long story, mainly about the way Boots treated Colourcare international staff years ago)

Argos, because it's a Chav shop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, Dixons know the staff are crap. My cousin worked in management for them for a few years, and it was well known for allot to refer to the people selling stuff and doing shop floor jobs as Dixon Monkeys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Small, independent shops of any kind. You know, the ones where no one goes, and when you go in the two staff working there come over to you asking you what you want then give you loads of alternatives.

Och! Get out of my face... I like to shop on my own :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Em* wrote:
    There isn't ANY shops I wouldn't go into - I find it rather snobbish to even think that way!

What makes a supermarket chavvish for gods sake, they sell food - as supermarkets should!

He's right.

I don't like shops with unhelpful staff though...
    ...or if there murderers.
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I'm from Cambridge. :)

There's a designer clothes shop called Guilio in a road called King's Street and when I used to go in there, the staff were all over me after about 5 seconds.

I hate going into designer clothes shops. The staff expect you to make a £100 purchase after about 10 seconds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    I HATE Spar shops. *shudders* Couldn't possibly think of shopping in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    Um, well I don't tend to discriminate against any shops...there are a handful that I don't particularly enjoy going to, though.

HMV, particularly
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Bear1 wrote:
    ann summers an any other womans shops

Ann Summers is a great shop, lots of nice sexy little numbers to browse through! Well, for me anyway :D

P.S. I occasionally purchase too :p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gel Boy wrote:
    ...or if there murderers.

Hmmm, I'm intrigued...?

Do tell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CandyPink wrote:
    I HATE Spar shops. *shudders* Couldn't possibly think of shopping in there.

Christ!! I didn't know SPAR were still around.
    Forum Member
    Um, well I don't tend to discriminate against any shops...there are a handful that I don't particularly enjoy going to, though.

HMV, particularly
    Same here. I am not snobbish about certain shops but there are some places which I just hate and don't like stepping foot in.

I love Morrisons though :D
  • Laurajayne7981Laurajayne7981 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Em* wrote:

Agree with everything you said :)
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member

Argos, because it's a Chav shop

Yes I forgot Argos. I once went in there and ordered a dvd player (which I later learnt was 25% cheaper on the net) and after keeping me waiting for 30 minutes, they said they couldn't find it in their stock room! I won't be going back there again.
    Forum Member
    Christ!! I didn't know SPAR were still around.
    Aye there's a few kicking about. Saw one in East London last time I was there :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louisa320 wrote:
    Ann Summers is a great shop, lots of nice sexy little numbers to browse through! Well, for me anyway :D

P.S. I occasionally purchase too :p

Plus a RAMPANT RABBIT or three.
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Plus a RAMPANT RABBIT or three.

Now, that would be telling :p:p
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I don't really like going into Argos.

Trying to find an available catalogue to browse (most already being used by someone).

Trying to find a pen to write down your order.

Having to sit down, waiting for your special number to come up (like being in a bingo hall!).

It's so tedious! :rolleyes:
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    pault2006 wrote:
    I'm from Cambridge. :)

There's a designer clothes shop called Guilio in a road called King's Street and when I used to go in there, the staff were all over me after about 5 seconds.

I hate going into designer clothes shops. The staff expect you to make a £100 purchase after about 10 seconds!

i *love* going into designer shops looking like a tramp, they ignore me etc then when im going to buy someting i whip out the gold credit card and then they are all nicey nicey
  • SayheySayhey Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's - Some staff and customers are a bit snobish for my liking.

Music Zone - One of there staff made a bitchy comment about my taste in music, advised him that I was there to make a purchase not for his opinion. I believe they have gone under.