Options

Thunder and lighting storm watch

Comments

• Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thunderstorm in East London an hour ago, there were ice cubes falling out of the sky!
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very foggy here cannot even see across the road even. Now.
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5588/15102481508_3f0ee61334_o.jpg
  • Options
    nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an early night so missed it but I'm told we had a bout of severe weather around 9. Must had been significant as it caused the electric to trip.... pain in the backside waking up at 4 and having to "safety" dance to the loo in the dark.

Seems like businesses were affected as well as residents as a few alarms going off

And that mist yesterday evening (about 6 ish?) was just bizzarre, we never see that down here

The previous morning in the wee hours, we also had a burst of 10 minutes of severe gales with a sprinkle of rain as well.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Been regular lightning strikes and rumbles of thunder for about three hours in north west London, nothing too dramatic but it appears very slow moving. Horrible murky night as well, fog was quite thick as the lightning got going which made for an interesting effect as each strike illuminated the sky.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nobodyhere wrote: »
    I had an early night so missed it but I'm told we had a bout of severe weather around 9. Must had been significant as it caused the electric to trip.... pain in the backside waking up at 4 and having to "safety" dance to the loo in the dark.

Seems like businesses were affected as well as residents as a few alarms going off

And that mist yesterday evening (about 6 ish?) was just bizzarre, we never see that down here

The previous morning in the wee hours, we also had a burst of 10 minutes of severe gales with a sprinkle of rain as well.

Psychic powers not working. Give us a clue where you are?
  • Options
    nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Essex
  • Options
    Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here in Chelmsford for the last hour has been amazing. Lightening every few seconds and close by.

Although now its moving away
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upper Clapton. Heavy rain, lightning and thunder for the last hour. Said nowt on BBC weather app.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Keller wrote: »
    Been regular lightning strikes and rumbles of thunder for about three hours in north west London, nothing too dramatic but it appears very slow moving. Horrible murky night as well, fog was quite thick as the lightning got going which made for an interesting effect as each strike illuminated the sky.

Same on the outskirts of north London (unsurprisingly :)), thunder's only really stopped in the last 30 minutes or so. Will not be having to water the garden this weekend.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been thundering since 6 AM here is keeping me awake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Been thundering since 6 AM here is keeping me awake.

wowser..i was in Tesco then :D

no storms here :p
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have had some lovely weather here, warm, humid, dry. Last night we had thick fog and today is another warm humid day so will not be surprised if we get storms....and i love storms :)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the coast in Suffolk. It been thick fog every morning for a week now. It's getting boring now. This morning around 9am we had a good few rumbles of thunder and the wind picked up, but quiet since.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a good hiding today in Wolves it was like a monsoon thunder n lightning thrown in too.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some lightning about tonight especially in north wales, anglesey.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There was a major downpour aound here tonight. Lasted about 1 minute then passed.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Some lightning about tonight especially in north wales, anglesey.

Was talking on the phone to someone near Rhyl and they had some too. Looked on a lightning strike map and it it was travelling North-East from off the west coast of Wales, over the northern parts then back out to sea in the direction of Blackpool/Southport/ Cumbria but I don't think it got that far.
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavens opened round here earlier but surprisingly, a break in the clouds over my village through which the sun shone, and then further downpour towards the coast. Made us feel blessed.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    A fair bit of thunder and heavy showers in SE London this pm. ☈☇☁
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    F-L-A-S-H C-R-A-S-H !!!!!!

Flippin' heck....that bastard was a real house shaker :o
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Had a good lightning storm over Wrexham yesterday.. http://www.wrexham.com/news/mystery-flashing-lights-sky-48624.html
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this isnt a repeat of last year
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sussex coast. Massive thunder crash right now. Sounds like the sky's falling in :o:o
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a rumble of thunder in Croydon.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Pretty spectacular lightening and some horizontal rain down near Portsmouth :D