Predictions for first dance off

Comments

• Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    *Huggles nancy*
    It's a dream I like the sound of. Especially if Caroline and Pashaaaah can be part of it too.

Sounds a pretty good final to me.:):cool:
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think it will be Gregg v Judy (but I hope it isn't Judy) with Gregg leaving.

I can't see Mark being in the dance off until at least after half way. He was pretty decent the other night and actually much better than Thom! ... Plus his own fanbase combined with Michelle's fan base will give him a big public vote I reckon.
    I agree. I'd say Mark is safe for quite a while yet. I've never heard of Thom, and I wouldn't say he's particularly good-looking, charming, or funny, so unless he turns out to be an unexpectedly good dancer, I'd say he'll be at risk before Mark.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    It will absolutely be Gregg filling one of the spots, surely. I can't see who's going to be voting for him and he seems very unpopular.

The other one... hmm, I'd say either Tim, Judy, Jennifer, or Scott. I'll run through them:

Tim - he's the oldest and one of the worst which means he's in trouble. However he's not the very worst of the lot and he may receive sympathy votes.

Judy - not the most dynamic personality and pretty shabby as a dancer. I suspect she has fans though and Anton will get votes, so she might be alright.

Jennifer - I think she's definitely got the smallest fanbase and she's certainly the most obscure celebrity IMO. She's fairly rubbish but again, not the very worst so she does have hope.

Scott - lowest score last week (deservedly so) which will put him at a disadvantage. I suspect he has a large fanbase though.

So I think I'm going to go for Jennifer, which makes it Gregg v Jennifer - and with Gregg going.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be voting for Mark Wright this week to keep him out of the bottom two
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would agree with the logic of Gregg and Jennifer.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Judy and Gregg

Judy will be saved
    Tennis players don't do very well. Monica Seles and Martina Navratilova didn't do well in DWTS. Martina Hingis out first on SCD.
    I hope Anton's fanbase will pull Judy through.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy and Gregg. Gregg should go, only to save poor Aliona from more humiliation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    It will absolutely be Gregg filling one of the spots, surely. I can't see who's going to be voting for him and he seems very unpopular.

The other one... hmm, I'd say either Tim, Judy, Jennifer, or Scott. I'll run through them:

Tim - he's the oldest and one of the worst which means he's in trouble. However he's not the very worst of the lot and he may receive sympathy votes.

Judy - not the most dynamic personality and pretty shabby as a dancer. I suspect she has fans though and Anton will get votes, so she might be alright.

Jennifer - I think she's definitely got the smallest fanbase and she's certainly the most obscure celebrity IMO. She's fairly rubbish but again, not the very worst so she does have hope.

Scott - lowest score last week (deservedly so) which will put him at a disadvantage. I suspect he has a large fanbase though.

So I think I'm going to go for Jennifer, which makes it Gregg v Jennifer - and with Gregg going.

Considering Jennifer is 60, and had a jive as a first dance i think she did ok!
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I'd guess at Tim vs. Judy/Jennifer.

Although Gregg is...Gregg, he's got a second Latin dance and a lot of potential for memorability with that dance, and I think he'll get through.

"memorability" - OUCH! I need brain bleach after almost watching his last performance. (I say "almost" as we were watching on catch-up and fast forwarded over most of it, as we couldn't take it).
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy and Gregg

(Though, Sunetra is a possible if enough people pass her over. She danced well enough, but hasn't really made a mark on me - possibly because they are still portraying her as a character in a soap rather than as herself, and I don't watch soaps!)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    Judy and Gregg

(Though, Sunetra is a possible if enough people pass her over. She danced well enough, but hasn't really made a mark on me - possibly because they are still portraying her as a character in a soap rather than as herself, and I don't watch soaps!)
    I think Sunetra is the only one that I like this year.
  • Options
    BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take a look at the thread on song choices for their dances, and then see if you change your mind..... It's why I said Scott with Judy.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Judy Murry is on the dance off
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering Jennifer is 60, and had a jive as a first dance i think she did ok!

Jennifer is 50
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim v Gregg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    Jennifer is 50

Oops i meant 50, but still, she dd well with a hard dance with loads of steps for her first dance.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Mark was too 'relatable' in his Cha-Cha for the DO at this stage, IMO.

Agree it's too close to call but expect it will be from the Tim/Gregg/Scott/Judy group.

BIB I agree; Not too mention that in his interview in the Tess Pitt; I got a bit emotional :blush::blush: when he got a bit teary-eyed in his interview with Claudia .

Anyways, Dance-off will probably be Tim and Gregg IMO.

Poor Aliona :(.

Judy should be there BUT she can count on Anton's fanbase.
    Scott has a HUGE fanbase as well so I dont see him being there even though he had the lowest score.

Wildcards : could be Sunetra , Jennifer, or Steve.....I worry a bit about their fanbases.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    My prediction is that it won't be between the 2 worst celebs.

I definitely agree with this :cool:.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregg and Scott and Gregg out
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll say Gregg definitely against Scott or Judy.

I think Tim has been charming enough to last a little longer and I think a lot of people on here are underestimating Jenniter's fanbase. Mrs Browns Boys is a massive show and it regularly wins awards at things like the National Television Awards which are voted for by the public. Plus she seems to have quite a fun personality. I think she'll last a good few weeks at least.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »

BIB I know twitter isnt the best social thingy to use but he does have alot of followers who are very supportive of his Strictly experience - I think he just isnt overly popular on DS - but then - who is......... ;-)

having said that, I would be surprised if he wasnt in the dance off but you never know!
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think it will be Judy. Here are my reasons:

1. Anton's fanbase. This seemed to be the main reason Fiona Fullerton made it through to week eight last year, never before being in a DO.

2. She seems really lovely, and is coming across well on ITT and in interviews. Her partnership with Anton is also really nice and they seem to genuinely get on and have a lot of fun together.

3. Sorry to bring politics into it, but a lot of "yes" supporters will vote for her because of Andy's views. Plus a lot of Scottish people will vote for her purely for being Scottish (like Jennifer for being Irish).

Anyway, all that aside, I plan to use one of my votes for her on Saturday because I genuinely like her and I want to see her do well, and I think she's been given quite a hard time.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've taken all the posts of people who've only mentioned the two people they think will be in the dance-off, and counted them up:

Gregg - 14
    Judy - 11
    Scott - 3
    Tim - 3
    Jennifer - 2
    Mark - 1
    Sunetra - 1
    Thom - 1

These also happen to be the eight people lowest on the week 1 leaderboard. I think it's very difficult to call myself, as I can see why any of them might be popular (even Gregg).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really cant believe that A LOT of people here are underestimating Anton's fanbase....I kept asking myself many times every week how Fiona was STILL on the show weeks after weeks last year and wasn't even in the bottom 2 until she went home ? MOSTLY because of Anton's fanbase....so I really dont think that Judy is going to find herself in the bottom 2.

Although maybe her son's comments may have diminished her chances in the competition.... But still I find it highly unlikely for her to be there.

I guess we'll see................
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy v Scott or Gregg.

Scott or Gregg to go; Judy might survive for another week or two.