Options

Lynda Bellingham

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    ...and did it all over again on 'This Morning'.

She was so funny and honest it left Philip Schofield and Amanda Holden almost speechless.

Which was nice! :D

She looked lovely, too, considering her predicament.
    I agree she was a refreshing change and I am definitely buying her book. I did like that she accepted people are different and not everyone handles the news of being terminal the same way but I liked her complete forthright honesty with humour.
    Hopefully everyday for her will be good from now on.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see she did her Loose Women appearance today for the last time , how sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lynda has passed away, sadly.
    So sorry she didn't get to see Christmas with her Family as she'd hoped for:(
  • Options
    Simon_Morris2Simon_Morris2 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Life can be so cruel I so wanted her to life to see christmas with here family but at least she's not In any pain anymore.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Bless her heart, so sad she didn't get one last Christmas with her family. A lovely lady, may she rest in peace.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Life can be so cruel I so wanted her to life to see christmas with here family but at least she's not In any pain anymore.

Me too. :(

RIP Lynda.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    So very sad to hear that lovely Lynda has died, even though it was expected.

What a shame that she didn't live long enough to spend her last Christmas with her family.

RIP Lynda.:(
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad Lynda didn't live to enjoy the family Christmas she was holding on for but they must all be so proud that she stayed so brave, funny and inspirational to the end. A very special lady.
  • Options
    Mandy73Mandy73 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    It is very sad news to wake up to :(

Like everyone I was hoping she would have seen Christmas and enjoyed it with her loving family and friends. So sad. Such a brave lady. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

RIP Lynda x
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's got me in tears this morning, a 41 year old bloke at work.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP. She will always be the OXO mum for me, from those cosy, and very effective, 80s commercials. I also remember her as Mrs Herriot, from All Creatures Great and Small. I found that during her stint on 'loose Women' she came across as quite assertive and forthright. However I also found her conservative in her views a lot of the time, and she certainly wasn't someone who I think I could have warmed to in life. Condolences to her family at this time.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is on a sitcom on ITV3 at teatime at the moment, is it Faith in the Future or the other one? She was on last week anyway when I got in from work.
  • Options
    SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad she didn't make that last Christmas she wanted. She's out of pain now but still far too young to die. RIP Lynda
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartbroken. All she wanted was Christmas.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad indeed .Am heartened she went peacefully in hospital with her husband by her side .In a way she got her wish , she didn't linger in pain .RIP to a lovely lady .
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a clip on youtube of her returning to Loose Women on May 10th last year, she speaks about the play A Passionate Woman that she is to appear in and she is so enthusiastic and full of beans about it....sad that her diagnosis was only a few weeks later and she never got to appear in that play :(
  • Options
    mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Very sad RIP
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sad and utterly tragic she didn't make her final Christmas.

RIP Linda.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was amazing on This Morning, being so open about her forthcoming death, and her decision to not go for chemo. Most inspirational thing I seen in months. It was going to happen, it was going to happen her death. But so soon after that appearance, that is surprising.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she is on a sitcom on ITV3 at teatime at the moment, is it Faith in the Future or the other one? She was on last week anyway when I got in from work.

'Second Thoughts' is the one that is on at the moment. It alternates with 'Faith in the Future'.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd been busy at work on my own all this morning 'til I popped into the staff kitchen and my friend broke the news of Lynda's death to me. I just couldn't believe what I had heard as I was so shocked. It was totally unexpected. It's all so sad that Lynda never got her chance to celebrate her last Christmas on earth with all her family as planned.

RIP, Lynda Bellingham.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such sad news. :( She only wanted one last Christmas.

Sleep well Lynda. :(
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Lynda has passed away, sadly.
    So sorry she didn't get to see Christmas with her Family as she'd hoped for:(

Y'know, watching this interview again ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRjc4_DL80

and from what she says at the end about Christmas - it sounds a teeny bit like they actually did have the Christmas early anyway.

I really hope so. RIP Lynda. Such a brave lady xxx
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charlie1 wrote: »
    Hi Kim :)

I know we haven't 'spoken' in years. But I just want to say I'm thinking of you and your partner.
    God bless to you both.

I also want to say that I think Lynda has such an amazing outlook.
    She is a truly inspirational human being.
    Hi Charlie

Sorry I missed this the first time but thanks so much for your kind words!
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    x

ETA: kimindex- meant to respond to your earlier disclosure about what your OH is going through. Good luck to you both and keep us posted. Same to jeanoj and your daughter xx
    Hi

Just to say we've received some very positive news today (that the chemo is working better than expected) since I promised to keep you posted. :) You can imagine how we feel. I hope the same for others.