Options

Lichen Sclerosus

sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any ladies have this? Have you ever found a over the counter cream that helps?
Any help would be great.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    My sister had this but went to the doctor about it. I don't know what she was given (a steroid cream?) and it cleared it up really quickly. Her description of it didn't sound pleasant so maybe you should go to your surgery? Hope you get it sorted!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister had this but went to the doctor about it. I don't know what she was given (a steroid cream?) and it cleared it up really quickly. Her description of it didn't sound pleasant so maybe you should go to your surgery? Hope you get it sorted!

I did have some cream but ran out ages ago I'm OK at the moment, but would like to know if there is a over the counter ( or shop online) cream so I can get some in, in case its flairs up again.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never heard of this so I googled it. I wish I hadn't! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of this so I googled it. I wish I hadn't! :(

No it isnt nice, its awful. and like you I also have Plantar fasciitis and have for a few years. Cant walk in the mornings at all. :(
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I did have some cream but ran out ages ago I'm OK at the moment, but would like to know if there is a over the counter ( or shop online) cream so I can get some in, in case its flairs up again.

I'd suggest asking a pharmacist at the nearest large dispenising chemist to see what they suggest otherwise it might be appointment time with the GP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest asking a pharmacist at the nearest large dispenising chemist to see what they suggest otherwise it might be appointment time with the GP.

I wanted to see if anyone else has it and what worked for them, if anything. but its looking like a trip to the GP for me.
  • Options
    QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ask your GP for a repeat prescription .. If they won't give you one ask for a private one instead so you can get the right cream ..